1821 replies to this topic

#1001 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

Was lots of fun to be sure. Stock mech still is best mech.

(It probably helped that, before I left for work today, I ended my public matches (and eliting of my 4J) with an impressive 400 damage match. Was still pumped from that when I got home and SMM was going!)

Lots of great matches was had. I like my first match best I think, when we were on the mining collective (new map, whatever it is called) and a team of Locusts (and a Commando) went around behind the other team. That was a great match. One great match out of many!

#1002 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

Finally managed to get into main version again (while on vacation I can afford even 6AM to play some stocks). Was really fun, though now I'm totally sure Wolverine wasn't the best choise. Maybe I should get back one of old Dragons (saw really impressive one on Crimson map).

#1003 Sergey Kosinskiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

Well its black and its flying.... its a raven :)
For now i do like this mech. Its HOT, but not even Basic sooo.

For the love of god. YES!
Remember these are weapon specific quirks - so although I may not be planning to increase the velocity of the PPC - a weapon specific quirk will.

The Awesome 8Q comes to mind with new PPC specific quirks on velocity, cooldown and heat.

From Russ to Carl with love :)

Not going to answer all of these but the Ravens are tiers 4 and 5 for those 2 mechs.

Edited by Sergey kosinskiy, 30 September 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#1004 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostSergey kosinskiy, on 30 September 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Well its black and its flying.... its a raven :)
For now i do like this mech. Its HOT, but not even Basic sooo.

Posted Image

#1005 Carl Avery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

Ew. The canonical Raven looked so derpy. Very reminiscent of an awkward baby bird with that huge head. Just needs to put its beak in the air and open up to complete the picture. I much prefer the MWO version!

#1006 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostCarl Avery, on 02 October 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

Ew. The canonical Raven looked so derpy. Very reminiscent of an awkward baby bird with that huge head. Just needs to put its beak in the air and open up to complete the picture. I much prefer the MWO version!

That Raven I believe is from Mech Commander... It isn't the original artwork for it (but I believe it is close). MW:O made a lot of ugly mechs nice, and the Raven wasn't ugly to begin with so they made a nice looking mech look "AMAZING"!

I still wish the Jenner had the dome cockpit over the boxy style the MW:O one has...

#1007 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

That's the Raven in Mech Commander. It just looked a bit goofy was all, the gameplay is what mattered ;).

#1008 Carl Avery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:41 AM

I must again miss the European Edition; I hope it gets going all the same. See you tonight.

#1009 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

I know I have been absent from SMM for the past month or two, but RL has been whipping me good. My plan is to how up for SMM tonight(maybe even pop in early to hang out with the europeans) and do Eras on Wednesday.

Next week is too busy for me, but I did want to get some MWO in before RL caught with me again.

Also, Mastering a Stock Mech is painful.

#1010 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

Hoping to make it tonight as well. Been a while.

#1011 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:23 PM

Hey Carl.

Hey. Hey Carl.

By the way Carl.

I think I like the Thor (prime) (stock)...

Just figured you'd like to know. :P

#1012 Carl Avery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

I love the Thor Prime. I just can't stand how it fares against an uber-customized Mad Cat or Dire Wolf ... a Stormcrow, even. I also don't care for the amount of piano-playing required to simultaneously use all three weapon systems, but practice can help with that part. (It's still an especially unharmonized set of weapons.)

Edited by Carl Avery, 08 October 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#1013 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:03 PM

View PostCarl Avery, on 08 October 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

don't care for the amount of piano-playing required to simultaneously use all three weapon systems

Still can't handle that? :P

Summoner prime, if it simply had one more ton of LB-X ammo is poetry. I love the loadout enough I run it in normal matches, even with 15 shots.

#1014 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:13 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 October 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

Summoner prime, if it simply had one more ton of LB-X ammo is poetry. I love the loadout enough I run it in normal matches, even with 15 shots.

I thought I was the only crazy-run-stock-mechs-in-public person here... Is there room for more than one? IS THE UNIVERSE IN DANGER NOW!?

#1015 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

View PostTesunie, on 08 October 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

I thought I was the only crazy-run-stock-mechs-in-public person here... Is there room for more than one? IS THE UNIVERSE IN DANGER NOW!?

I did a long time ago until it got too frustrating. It didn't seem fair. My highest played stock Mechs were Commando's, but more often I got torn apart through open beta as builds shifted to the fastest, most heavily armored, most non-canon builds possible. Stock Mechs are designed/balanced to be used against other Stock Mechs per Era.

I also drive a Stock Summoner ... in Mech Warrior 2. Fun stuff, since while playing the Clan Jade Falcon campaign currently the AI uses Stock Mechs and so do I.

Edited by General Taskeen, 09 October 2014 - 06:45 AM.

#1016 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

Griffin 1N did fairly well for me in the regular queue. I do second the idea that if you wanna run stock in the main queue, if you pick up a Clan mech you kind of get get the best of both worlds (specifically, Stormcrow Prime). Just skip the Nova Prime, lol.

PS, anyone wanna try half armor values some night?

Edited by TygerLily, 09 October 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#1017 Carl Avery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostTygerLily, on 09 October 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

anyone wanna try half armor values some night?

Not really. Recently playing a few games of BTTT via Megamek has confirmed my long-standing suspicion that the doubled armor values are necessary for MWO, because it is a real-time player-skill environment with pinpoint damage and a low number of hitboxes, with a much higher rate of fire on our weapons than they had canonically.

If everyone wanted to try it some Monday when I'm on, I'm not gonna leave in a huff; I'll try it. But I really don't think it'll get us anywhere good. The AC20 is already borderline over-powered in Tech 1 stock, and this will further increase its effectiveness relative to the other weapon systems. I think that decreasing TTK and increasing the effect of PPFLD is the last place we should be going.

Edited by Carl Avery, 09 October 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#1018 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

True. I guess I was thinking that mechs Like the Locust 1M while it would have 1 armor in all the limbs (lmao) could then do something with that speed and LRM5s... Or the Wolverine, if you reverse the thought process it's like we've doubled weapon damage in a sense: his AC/5 is like 10 dmg, SRM6 is more like two 6's, and ML is 10 dmg. It becomes more viable in the stock arena at that point. Plus lots of low ammo Mechs have a home...

As well, the huge FLD Mechs would go down easier if you land the shots. Could be worth a try...games would go much faster haha that's for sure.

#1019 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:52 AM

I can be fun, but it gets silly quick:

#1020 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:32 PM

Stock Matches are definitely going to change from the buzz we have been hearing about the new IS Quirks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users