A great game need GREAT MUSIC! What can we expect?

109 replies to this topic

#1 Nian

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Fondly I think of the mechwarrior franchise, massive mechs we all love in great vast landscapes, and along with the then amazing graphics (still good imho) you had a thumping rocking soundtrack. It kept you going, when mp3 was just a dream, where music was raw cd tracks going through a little cable from the back of your cdrom to your isa sound card. Those were great times.

Now were all prepping for MWO and to me, I am wondering about things that seem unmentioned, sure we see the mechs and their amazing models, we hear about the weapons and the play style. BUT!! Whats the music going to be like? What is the music style?

Are we going to be given generic PC gaming rock/metal tracks? Or are we going modern and getting some dubstep?

I wan't something that will make me angry, make me violently murderous, something that will make my feel good inside when I blow my prey into atom sized bits. So devs, what do you have in store for us? Care to give us a snipet of the music in your media section? Oh pritty please.

Another thing, been a F2P game, how about getting exclusive MWO themed music for the ingame store? Let us buy tracks that can be heard nowhere else, not on itunes, not in anything but in game. Something that will draw more of us to play because thats the only place we can listen to such music. I'm sure you could find some artists that would be interested. Get a couple of big names to do some tracks, heck ask daft punk, maybe they are mechwarrior fans :D

#2 aRottenKomquat

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationOn a DropShip over an undisclosed planet

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

Better not be dubstep. I will play with my sound off. Or just not play at all. :D

I hope they keep the generic rock/metal tracks like in the past. It just fit well.

#3 Blastkowitz

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMinds Eye

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

I mentioned this in another thread but here's a thought I had in mind: We should have radios in our mechs for music while we blow things to kingdom come. Like flip a switch in the cockpit and it starts to play the playlist you put together for the game.

#4 Jost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

Great ideas, Nian. Music is essential, and it's definitely a "would pay for" extra.

#5 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

*looks over to panel inside cockpit*

*switches on Pandora*

*plays song I like*

*next song in line up is something unrelated*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU!!!!!

#6 Dragonpriest

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

I dont' care what music it'll be, I'll have the ingame music turned off. I want to hear what's happening around me, not annoying music.

#7 Black Dragon EnDrakus

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

the music from a couple of the preview videos seems to indicate the rock/metal direction is definatly being favored for the sound track, but as with anything else in a WIP, that music is still subject to change, though i'm betting it likely won't be.

Edited by Black Dragon EnDrakus, 20 June 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#8 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

I really love the music from the other MW games. One of my favorite parts of the franchise. Some really great music was also in C&C: Red Alert 1 and 2. Nothing like a pounding soundtrack to get you excited.

#9 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

It would be cool if we could play our own music.

#10 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

I'm hoping for a return of Wednesday 7:

#11 CheezDemon

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFitzwilliam, NH

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

Seeing as this game is set in the future, something futuristic-sounding should be played. Example: Centhron, FGFC820, Extize, X-Rx, or Incubite. Just a couple ideas...

#12 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

View Postkasai oni, on 20 June 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

Amazing

#13 Dredrik Salkon Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dreadnought
  • The Dreadnought
  • 119 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

View PostBlastkowitz, on 20 June 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

I mentioned this in another thread but here's a thought I had in mind: We should have radios in our mechs for music while we blow things to kingdom come. Like flip a switch in the cockpit and it starts to play the playlist you put together for the game.

Kind of like Battlefield: Vietnam.

Also, the intro is a metal redub of Illmerica

Very Catchy, I enjoy it very much. (Metal redub is better IMHO)

Starcraft Terran music is also really badass. Something like that would be cool.

Edited by Dredrik Salkon, 20 June 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#14 WoollyMimmoth

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Yeah, a great game needs some great music. If it doesn't have an awesome soundtrack then I suggest turning of the music and running the mw2 soundtrack in your own mediaplayer.

or in your mechs own radio. a great idea btw. I support this idea. (+1)

#15 Jukebox1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGermany, Niedersachsen, Göttingen

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

What we Expect? :D

ROCK ´N ROLL!

;)

#16 Dredrik Salkon Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dreadnought
  • The Dreadnought
  • 119 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

View Postkasai oni, on 20 June 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

Alright, that is cool music too.

#17 Hikaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

Umm, I mute/lower down to next to nothing every soundtrack in every game I play. I didn't even know LoL had music for over a year, and I've spent hundreds on it. So yeah, soundtrack? Meh.

#18 Nian

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationAustralia

How about paying to unlock different radio channels and even have the devs throw in commercials for in game weapons from ??? Company X and such, have news reports on the hour about interesting stuff and play music you want to hear. Like the "Golden rock classics from the 29th century" or "Dubstep the end of the world mix on Half beat FM"

#19 FLAKPANZER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Jeehun Hwang. That is all.

Edited by FLAKPANZER, 20 June 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#20 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Music can make the game. Just look at touhou.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users