• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 09 June 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

Such an exciting release, right?'

Posted Image

I'm excited. Can't wait to break some clan mechs.

#123 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:43 AM

I'm excited. Can't wait to break some clan mechs.

You don't have to. They come pre-broken.

#124 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:03 AM

View Postwanderer, on 10 June 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

Perhaps. But are they as broken and DOA as people think?

Can't help but wonder how much people are overlooking what 2 crit DHS and no ST Death XLs will mean, as well as half crit Endo and Ferro. Even light on FLD and JJ and the conspicuous absence of ECM, those are some very very significant advantages. Anyone catch if standard SRMs were going to be wave fired (I know LRMs and SSRMs are)? Because if the Buckton Fix is indeed as advertised half weight SRM racks could be very very nasty, too.

#125 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 June 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:

Can't help but wonder how much people are overlooking what 2 crit DHS and no ST Death XLs will mean, as well as half crit Endo and Ferro. Even light on FLD and JJ and the conspicuous absence of ECM, those are some very very significant advantages. Anyone catch if standard SRMs were going to be wave fired (I know LRMs and SSRMs are)? Because if the Buckton Fix is indeed as advertised half weight SRM racks could be very very nasty, too.

Just having burst fire auto cannons will be suficant fun for me. Then the possibility of a clan war-hammer variant, just might make me spend some money.....

#126 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 June 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:

It seems to me that the Clans are being designed to brawl. They already have the speed and fire power to brawl well and everything else seems to be eliminating the option of hanging back and playing a stand off game. PP/FLD may be king but I think it is the delivery system that really pushes it over the top. The gap between it and other forms of damage seems to get smaller when you are in close.

In the recent tournament we saw an example of brawlers charging jump snipers across a fair bit of open ground and unfortunately for them they took too much damage on the way in. It would be interesting to see that kind of charge being taken up by Timber Wolves and Stormcrows traveling at around 89-106 kph instead of Cataphracts traveling around 71-78kph.

If the Clans are capable of closing in on jump snipers and killing them in the brawl the IS would probably have to start taking up brawlers of its own against Clan teams. 100% speculation here but hey a guy can dream, right?

Edited by Rouken, 10 June 2014 - 04:41 AM.

#127 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:56 AM

View PostRouken, on 10 June 2014 - 04:40 AM, said:

It seems to me that the Clans are being designed to brawl. They already have the speed and fire power to brawl well and everything else seems to be eliminating the option of hanging back and playing a stand off game. PP/FLD may be king but I think it is the delivery system that really pushes it over the top. The gap between it and other forms of damage seems to get smaller when you are in close.

In the recent tournament we saw an example of brawlers charging jump snipers across a fair bit of open ground and unfortunately for them they took too much damage on the way in. It would be interesting to see that kind of charge being taken up by Timber Wolves and Stormcrows traveling at around 89-106 kph instead of Cataphracts traveling around 71-78kph.

If the Clans are capable of closing in on jump snipers and killing them in the brawl the IS would probably have to start taking up brawlers of its own against Clan teams. 100% speculation here but hey a guy can dream, right?

exactly the feeling I am getting..and if so, I embrace it. The clans are honor duelist, at heart. Brawling ranges makes much more sense to their warrior ethos. I know the "who gives a crap about fluff, we just want to be ubercomp" crowd don't care or see that, but when dealing with a storied IP, I honestly don't give a fig what that group thinks.

Posted Image

Love the fluff or go play Hawken! (jk...mostly)

#128 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 June 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

Yes, I can see the clan news have been met with overwhelming praise and cheers, so there's absolutely no reason for anyone to be negative - especially with the news that PGI intends to launch with several key items in placeholder mode. People love placeholders in general, but mechwarrior veterans simply can't get enough of them.

Really, now. You'd think that if people shell out 200+ dollars for your product, you'd at least make sure all the stuff is in place, ESPECIALLY when you make bold claims and assurances that everything will be delivered by the release date.

Which is why I rage refunded mine. It's not ******* finished for 240 bucks they had better made sure everything was in working order. So ******* stupid.

#129 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 10 June 2014 - 05:34 AM, said:

Which is why I rage refunded mine. It's not ******* finished for 240 bucks they had better made sure everything was in working order. So ******* stupid.

Whats worse is having no idea what they are making. Ghost heat helped kill Phoenix sales. i think they learned from that cluster *^*^ and saved balance changes for as close to launch as possible.

#130 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 907 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

Ehhh. If they dropped a King Crab mech pack, I'd refund my Direwolf and buy me a KGC in a hearbeat.

#131 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

Yeah, I think they'll be better brawlers by and large, but I don't know whether they'll be good enough at brawlin' to overcome the necessity of intelligent use of cover. Because if you're exposed to more than one mech, then all that brawling capability is gonna get alphadonged very quickly.

#132 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

View Postwanderer, on 10 June 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

That is the exact opinion that is pushing me to actually order that package, I think they'll be rather nice.
Then again this whole *********** of an release is pushing me away... thank you for the time table IGP, thank you...

#133 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostDocBach, on 09 June 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

this is what I imagined the warhorns to be when they were announced - sort of disappointed after seeing what they actually are.

Yabba-dabba-muthafukin-doo!

#134 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:13 AM

Oops, decided to buy Clan mechs... good ninja (well not so) marketing. I certainly hope this wasn't IGP but was all PGI. I was going to get something anyway, but since I get to toy around with them today... Well just see how UP they are, opposite methinks.
I just wish King Crab is on it's way for me to use in CW

#135 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 09 June 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

Such an exciting release, right?'

Posted Image

#136 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:20 AM

Well, as expected, clan underpowered gear that never materialized, more OP than UP... but quite fun tho.

Maybe some nerfs coming after package deal closes... streak6s were rather brutal and they kept clan weapons surprisingly long ranged, tho I did notice range modules were not available. Perhaps their reasoning is that lvl5 modules for IS will be enough of a balancing factor...

And a surprisingly positive reception... well done

#137 Zainadin

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • Location5o Cal

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 June 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

I don't have any more words, so have a picture instead.

Posted Image

agreed

#138 Alecksandr Pryde

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, US

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

I think they're in the game for the sole purpose of being a "Slug Loaded LBXs". Thats the way I look at it. In terms of canonicity, the "standard" AC's were all but phased out and in complete disuse. The reason its in MWO is probably to act as a cheaper slug throwing version of the LBX-AC, since PGI didnt include alternate ammo types. An added bonus of having this weapon is that unlike the LBX-AC, the standard Autocannons benefit from the Targeting Computers. MWO is doing its best to be close to canonicity, but its hard to do, hence the addition of standard ACs instead of alternate LBX ammo types. But hey, thats just my two cents. Am I onto something or am I just crazy?

#139 Kaio Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:53 PM

Ultra-A/C -> multi round burst shot (double tap enabled)
A/C -> single slug shot (no multi tap)
LBX - > shotgun mode

why can't we just have it like this plain and simple?

#140 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:08 PM

FYI, the clan UAC's not only double tap, but have faster reload in general.

They're place-holders for swappable ammo, which they've already stated we're never getting.

Personally, I think they should have a niche. Perhsaps fire less shells? Or single-shot?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users