• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 233 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOneida, Kentucky, USA , Earth

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

View PostElizander, on 21 June 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Thanks for the free day of premium that ticked outside of banked time. I managed to get the basics done on my Battlemasters and max out Elites on the one with the bonus and I got my DDC to Master as well as farming 7m to buy those AMS modules. Played 11 hours though. ;)

I agree with this. I currently have 98 days of banked premium time which I do not want to activate because I am stupidly busy at work right now and I'd waste 80% of it.

To be fair they should allow you to choose how much time you wish to activate. The simple fact is most in this game do not have the money to buy the packs with included premium time. However, you need to understand to see this game grow, the devs need to see most new players or general players do not have or want to invest the minimum $90 to get that perk in a free to play game. Allowing those with banked time to use it as they wish will help keep numbers in a game with retention problems. For me due to lost income it was hard to just buy the one alacarte at $55 with no time. Then get one premium day makes it hard to grind for mech xp when it just up and activates at an time poor time. I am amazed how many just say "I hate the clan mechs and this game as it is." Sad indeed....

Edited by DarkBringer, 23 June 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#382 Mad Skull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

sweet

#383 Arhont11

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 141 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

received, thank you!

#384 MechAssault2LoneWolf

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

Thanks man that helped me out. ;)

#385 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

So, yeah, I had just a couple hours of use out of my premium time as well, all because there was no mention of it counting down as soon as you log in. So, mwo, any thoughts or solutions on this?

#386 Harlock Fredrick

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMissoula Montana

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

Thank You

#387 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostDJFrost, on 26 June 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

So, yeah, I had just a couple hours of use out of my premium time as well, all because there was no mention of it counting down as soon as you log in. So, mwo, any thoughts or solutions on this?

Wait, Premium Time counts even when you are not actually in matches?

#388 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

Yup which is bogus, why I will never buy premium time again, which pretty much means no more money for pgi, the clan mechs was my last purchase. Only if you spend most of the day playing the game do you get any real value out of premium time.

It should only count when you are actively online playing matches. They know full well that people have jobs and wont be able to spend nearly as much time as those who dont have jobs or other responsibilities.

#389 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 06 July 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

Yup which is bogus, why I will never buy premium time again, which pretty much means no more money for pgi, the clan mechs was my last purchase. Only if you spend most of the day playing the game do you get any real value out of premium time.

It should only count when you are actively online playing matches. They know full well that people have jobs and wont be able to spend nearly as much time as those who dont have jobs or other responsibilities.

Premium time is similar to a subscription like WoW. In WoW you pay for a months worth of play time, whether or not you are online.

It is a very typical implementation in the industry from what I can tell.

#390 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

View PostDracol, on 06 July 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

Premium time is similar to a subscription like WoW. In WoW you pay for a months worth of play time, whether or not you are online.

It is a very typical implementation in the industry from what I can tell.

If it wasn't for a fixed start and duration, both couldn't hardly be any different. Subscription is also rather outdated.
In my case, i got 2 drops out of my 24 hours premium time.
Not that i don't appreciate it. But i'd rather have a "Here's your FREE premium day, do you want it now? [YES/NO]" instead of a "surprise FREE premium day! what? you don't have the time for it now? well... you see... err.... your problem, bro."
I thought there is a feature for so called "banked" premium time, isn't it?
If that's not possible for whatever reason, a redeem-code would also work perfectly fine.

Anyhow, thanks for the complimentary mech bay and the friendly reminder to not buy unusable and therefor worthless premium time. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users