47 replies to this topic

#1 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

I know it won't ever happen, but with the clan assets lying around i couldn't resist - hope the ones that like MW4's vulture like the MWOified version

Posted Image
Posted Image

a lot of tubes, indeed, but it looks better imho than a single large 20tube rack
at first, I also thought that the feet are a bit tiny...but they are in scale to the mad cat and at least after some physic tests in blender it has a very stable stance

maybe we'll see the Vulture MK II as hero? or as a bday gift? *wink wink*

Credits
MWO Assets: PGI/IGP
3d Model for the upper torso: Pawel Czarnecki/Microsoft
if I missed out any copyright information or have made a mistake in crediting, please let me know

Edited by Iacov, 22 June 2014 - 12:29 AM.

#2 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

Id rather have the original Mad Dog look.

THe MW4 version just felt....wrong.....

I loved the 2 long barrels on each of the Mad Dog's arms, the sleek lines and nicely sloped body. It was just sexy lol.

The MW4 version? Yikes.

I would rather see the Mk IV before the Vulture II......Mk IV is quite nice looking as well imo.

If we get the Original version, judging by the current clans we will, I will certainly have to pick it up and try to do some LRM shewsting with the thing. Though LRMs seem unreliable at best.

#3 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

thanks guys!

yeah i know, many love and prefer the classic look...for me its nostalgia of some kind...
it was MW4s Vulture that initially brought me to mechwarrior/battletech - thus i stay faithful :D

i'm already looking forward for MWO's vulture - its for sure the classic layout but I bet and hope that it will have an awesome modern look

what i like about the MW4 vulture is, that it looks imho more like a "mad dog", while the classic vulture actually has a birdlike look to it
what i enjoy about the result above is, that MWO's legs and MW4s torso seem (at least to me) give the vulture outlines that could resemble a dog to some and a bird to others

but i guess i'm very biased on that ^^

#4 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

I like it looks good, didn't use the mech a lot in Mw4, but whenever I wanted to spam lrms it was a good choice.

#5 FireBlood

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

I started on MW2 so that version will always been more of a Mad Dog than the MW4 one to me. I hope they keep to mwo-ifying the original designs. Something about a sleek fast 60 ton mech appeals to me more than the MW4 "60" tonner that looks like it weighs more like 75-80 tons and is slow and lumbering. Good art though anyway, better than I could do.

#6 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

I like the idea, but too many missile tubes. I know its being picky but I think at some point limiting the missile tubes might make it look more real. and maybe with them limited to 15 tubes per side you could raise them up and maybe make it look larger.

but thats just speculation.

Looks good, and I must say I am impressed, i could never do that myself.

#7 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

i tried a 20m rack as well as a 15m rack...
the 15 can be scaled up quite much...the tubes look huuuge though
its slightly better with the 20 but it can't be upped that much, thus there's a lot of free space and the side torsi look "empty"

i did go for 40 tubes per side to resemble the role of the vulture: indirect fire support
if i'd be better with 3d tinkering i'd definately try other options but my skills are limited to "frankenstein" parts together xD

#8 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:38 AM

I hope not. MW4 vission of Mad Dog is ugly as hell. Not to mention that maddog is supposed to be lighter by 15 tons than TimberWolf...

Posted Image
Everytime...

#9 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

I like the mw4 version too more modern than the old tro.

Mechwarrior living legends Mad Dog(Vulture)
Posted Image

Edited by ArchSight, 25 June 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#10 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Oh sweet jebus I hope they do not go with the terribad MW4 re-design. It's so ugly and un-vulturish that even though it is my favourite chassis I don't think I could bring myself to pilot one. That mundane, boxy silhouette, those broken, stubby arms... so nasty, and not the good kind of nasty. I have a great deal invested in the Mad Dog/Vulture, but PGI's track record in this regard is strong. I trust they know what they're doing.

Here is a lovely picture to prove my point. Sally forth, mighty Vulture, sally forth.
http://seven-wings.d...beauty_high.jpg

#11 DaddyP1G

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

#12 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

View PostOzric, on 25 June 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Oh sweet jebus I hope they do not go with the terribad MW4 re-design. It's so ugly and un-vulturish that even though it is my favourite chassis I don't think I could bring myself to pilot one. That mundane, boxy silhouette, those broken, stubby arms... so nasty, and not the good kind of nasty. I have a great deal invested in the Mad Dog/Vulture, but PGI's track record in this regard is strong. I trust they know what they're doing.

Here is a lovely picture to prove my point. Sally forth, mighty Vulture, sally forth.
http://seven-wings.d...beauty_high.jpg

The laid back arcing torso hanging back over the attachment to the legs does look neat and explains the nose better than the other pictures. The nose goes right into the attachment to the legs unlike the turret swivel vulture and the tro hang over with box sticking out.

#13 FireBlood

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

Posted Image

#14 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

that's a new cell mock up:)

it gives me a good feeling that I did the legs right (because you have to bend them more as they are in the original Timberwolves model... the tinverwolf is standing almost uprught)
I hope you all are aware how the arms/lasers will look like... take a look at the classic ryokens arms... look at the classic vulture... look at the mwo ryoken arms... stub wings they will be!
that's why I like the mad cats laser assembly more

and you are right, the mw4 vulture may look heavier than the original vulture... yet you have to take in mind that those are very very old designs from what? the 80s?back then everything was slender and round and awkward

I trust in alex' skills that he will make the vulture look good... and my wish would be that he takes the best things of both design approaches... because a vulture with short lasers like a ryoken? meh

edit:

just a quick and dirty mockup how a vulture with current clan/IS parts would look like
Posted Image
see those stubs? ryoken arm
see the long barrels that resemble the classic vulture barrels? masakari ppcs...lasers are as short as the ryoken's

as weapons are going to look like the same for every mech you probably have to decide: go for stubs or take timberwolf arms into consideration...

Edited by Iacov, 27 June 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#15 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostFireBlood, on 26 June 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

The back of the mad dog is split up modular with the center torso tucking under towards the leg mount. The left/right missile pod torso's and arms hide the tucked in arc in the side view. The front, and diagonal view shows the tucked under rear center torso. The leg mount you attached doesn't stick out towards the front as much as the picture and it doesn't have the legs eclisping over the torso's swivel screw head in the side view which you photo shoped some lines across.

#16 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

Honestly, my ideal Mad Dog would be a slightly skinnier version of the MW4 torso, sans turret (or repurpose it to look like a sensor instead of a turret), and the arms of the original. The arms looked so mean in the original, which was fantastic. The torso, however, seemed a bit too spindly in the original.

#17 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:50 AM

The Mechwarrior IV version of the Mad dog, displays the Mad Dog MK IV, from the Dark Ages

#18 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:31 AM

View PostAndar89, on 28 June 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

The Mechwarrior IV version of the Mad dog, displays the Mad Dog MK IV, from the Dark Ages

no? which? the Vulture II has legs which slightly reminiscent those of a Mad Cat MK IV.
The Vulture and Vulture C don't look anything near a Mad Cat MK IV.
The Prime has the Legs and arm-weapon-pods of a Mad Cat (one) and a unique center torso (with chin weapon and misslepod Sidetorsos) while the the C has arm-weapon-pods reminiscent of the rifleman's.

#19 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

the mw4 vulture aka vulture mkII came before the dark ages, thus it's the other way around. besides the devs stated officially that the mkII is functionally identical to the classic vulture and only differ in cosmetics. besides just a reminder... the vulture in Mwo WON'T have the arms of the classic vulture as you know them... look at the ryoken and what they did to its lasers

Edited by Iacov, 28 June 2014 - 06:12 AM.

#20 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:26 AM

this one is super sexy Posted Image

Edited by Iacov, 29 June 2014 - 08:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users