• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Please let us know what you think of the:
  • Clan Targeting Computer
  • Command Console*

*Please Note, the Command Console can only be accessed on this version by purchasing an Atlas D-DC, which comes equipped stock with the item.

#2 John Archer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 402 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

Thus far I have not seen nor noticed any difference when using the Clan Targeting Computer. Current load out is 3 C-LG Pulse Lasers, to SRM 6 Streaks,

Modules:

Advanced Zoom, Radar Dep, Seismic.

#3 RAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

Is the Targeting Computer functional?

Stock War Hawk vs War Hawk w/o TC both have same range (optimal & max) for PPCs...

No reward; no further incentive to test.

RAM
ELH

#4 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostRAM, on 24 June 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

Is the Targeting Computer functional?

Stock War Hawk vs War Hawk w/o TC both have same range (optimal & max) for PPCs...

No reward; no further incentive to test.

RAM
ELH

Yo dawg, TC increases projectile speed and not projectile range. Reading is your friend.

#5 clanwolf3050

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

I get my tagert's info faster and a boost to zoom. I have no idea bout the crit increace, didn't look like it, but I could be unlucky. I was using the Target Computer. The other thing the Max zoom, without equipment, is now 2x not 3x. All zoom improvementsbased off 1.5x and 2x not 1.5x and 3x. If the max zoom was to be changed, that's fine just a heads up would have been nice.

#6 Veteran4568

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

I have noticed that on the Targeting Computer, unless you pick the 5-7's, the gain is marginal at best. I tested the MK 1 and MK 4 and the zoom wasnt much increase, nor was the speed of the AC slugs, and lasers that much faster. However when I equipped an MK7, the C-AC5 fired almost as fast as a standard C-AC2. SO I dont know if that was intentional but it kinda makes the MK4 not as useful per ton as the MK7

Zoom has been botched it seems. Normally I get 1.5x and 3x Zoom from normal mode. With the MK7 it goes to 1.73x and 2.73x. Why was there a decrease in zoom when it is supposed to increase it?

However I do enjoy my targeting computers, they allow for my C-ML to hit faster.

#7 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

I don't know if this is intentional but i used the Targeting Computer IV on my Warhawk and it zoomed me in quit a lot even though i was not using a zoom. Much like all of the sudden my FoV was 50 or less. IF this is your idea of zoom increase please rethink i lost next to all peripheral vision and wasn't even able to see my cockpit anymore. This isn't a good way.

#8 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

Ran 1 Match with a Mk2 TC, then a few with a MK5 and then a MK7.

On the 2, things were slightly modified, but not overly so. The Lasers had Greater range, although only a few meters. Zoom was modified, but barely noticeable, but it was noticeable (if that makes sense). Target info took awhile, but shorter than normal.

MK5. Laser ranges were increased even more. Zoom was very noticeably affected. Target info took a fraction of a second to obtain. Used an ERSmall laser loaded Stormcrow and did not notice any increase in crit.

MK7. ERMedium lasers were increased to 484 range and the range boost worked, was sniping at targets on Alpine at max range, bouncing back and forth into and out of range with a Timberwolf targeted. Target info was instant, literally, press button and bam. Still did not notice any crit boost, even while focusing on an exposed Dire Wolf's torso. The zoom seemed about the same as the MK5. Projectile Speed was amazing on a UAC/5. Used it to take apart a Raven at 500 meters.

Edited by Ronyn, 24 June 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#9 Felbombling

• 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

I get the feeling that the most popular Targeting Computer will be the Mk. I and it will be considered more or less mandatory for any Mech with direct fire weapons. The benefits are front loaded, so players may opt for more heat sinks, an Active Probe or other options instead of the Mk. II or higher. For example, while less expensive, would a Mk. II Targeting Computer provide more benefit than a Mk. I Targeting Computer + Active Probe combo? Both options are two tons and two crits. How do the target information gathering bonuses stack? Do they stack?

To avoid confusion and make the Targeting Computer an investment, rather than an afterthought, you should standardize the benefits and tie the size of the Targeting Computer directly to the tonnage of direct fire weapons slaved to it, just like they have done with the lore. Also, and this may be a stretch, curtail availability much like you do Guardian ECM Suite availability. Tie it directly to certain chassis or builds as established by the source material.

#10 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

They should make the Targeting Computers lock to certain weapon systems. 1 Grade level per weapon. 5 Weapons? MK5 or greater needed.

There seem to be sweet spots for the TC's. 1 gives a slightly modification and will be the new Add-on for most builds. Those who want to get the best bang for their buck will be MK5, no one will use the MK7 because the only 2 Mechs I could load it on were a Summoner(Torso) or a Direwolf(torso). There are probably a few more, but I didn't look very long. Arms would be a bad place to load on, especially when most Clan weapons are in the arms already.

#11 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

The tooltip needs to display the values for each effect. And, ideally, the tooltips for each weapon would show the actual values for range an projectile speed, then show an updated value once it's equipped.

Side note: do the heat management values in mech details reflect basic and elite mech efficiencies?

#12 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

Well the "Time to gather target info: [-22.5]%" of the TC1 combined with Target gathering module seems to work well with my 4ssrm4 kitfox build.

#13 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

I thought the Command Console was supposed to let me zoom in more, but when I press Z my zoom goes to 1.68x and 2.24x.

EDIT: I see now that zoom without CC is 1.5x and 2x. Improving it to 2.24x still didn't make it worthwhile, to me.

Also, the Testing Ground still has the quirk where, as I kill the dummy mechs, the number in red goes up as if the other team is winning.

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 24 June 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#14 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

There are simple 2 things the command console needs , company wide buffs and you know what?

THAT CRAZY FUNCTION THAT LETS YOU KNOW YOU ARE BEING TARGET!!! X)

It was in game for a short time, judged to be OP and a hard deterent to scouts but for 3 tons it might be a viable idea, at least while pug-ing.

Edited by Nik Reaper, 24 June 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#15 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

Command Consle (CC) max zoom text states 2.24... I did not expect adding 3 tons of equipment to reduce my max zoom. Please advise.

(adding Fall Damage feedback)
Lights fall damage seems pretty heavy, I was dueling another Jenner and the jump-evade tactic we were both using ended up legging him, and almost legging me.

(adding Advanced Zoom)
Advanced Zoom module takes it to 4.93x with CC.

Please revert normal max zoom to 3x and increment as described in command chair post for Command Console

Edited by Docta Pain, 24 June 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#16 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

I was underwhelmed by the performance of the command console. For a 3 ton device it really didn't seem worth its weight.

#17 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostNik Reaper, on 24 June 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

There are simple 2 things the command console needs , company wide buffs and you know what?

THAT CRAZY FUNCTION THAT LETS YOU KNOW YOU ARE BEING TARGET!!! X)

It was in game for a short time, judged to be OP and a hard deterent to scouts but for 3 tons it might be a viable idea, at least while pug-ing.

(You can tell you have been targeted if you look closely, I have noticed in testing that when someone targets me, my cockpit flashes white briefly a couple of times. Whether that is a glitch, or unnamed buff, I do not know.)

----------------------------------My assessment:

The targeting computer made a difference in range and zoom, but not much.

I tested the 7ton TC (go big, or go home, right?) on my Dire Wolf.. (the only clan mech that dares equip it, save maybe the warhawk)

It was not worth the weight of a UAC5. It made no appreciable difference in my fighting, save a lack of weaponry and heatsinks for installing it.

Recommend, like some above, normalizing the values to something appreciable, and then limiting the TCs available to those that would be appropriate for the weapons equipped.

#18 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

So, there is a nerf of zoom involved in the implementation of TC/CC. Why was that not documented for the testers? Anyway, here is the comparison between this PT and Production:

Zoom (without TC/CC)
Level.......PTS..........Production
----------------------------------
1..............1.0x..........1.0x
2..............1.5x..........1.5x
3..............2.0x..........3.0x
AZM........4.40x........4.0x.

Zoom (with CC)
Level.......PTS..........Production (CC has no Prod effect)
----------------------------------
1.............1.0x...........1.0x
2.............1.68x.........1.5x
3.............2.24x.........3.0x
AZM.......4.93x.........4.0x.

Note:
1. AZM is short for the Advanced Zoom Module
2. PTS is short for Public Test System
3. All tests done with an AS7-D-DC with a BAP.

Summary:
1. This build makes our zoom worse unless we intentionally add a TC/CC or AZM.
2.The AZM is more effective than a CC; you can save 3 tons using the module.
3. The CC is not "value added" because you can get better zoom than we have now with an AZM.
4. The CC plus AZM zoom does not give an appreciable advantage over only having the AZM.

Edited by GargoyleKDR, 24 June 2014 - 06:07 PM.

#19 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

I am unsure about the speed at which the Targeting Computers gather info.
I have TC I, II, IV and V equipped on various mechs. Some of these have Clan Active Probes, some do not. Others have the 'Advanced Information Gathering' moduel as well. All of these things considered, I have not really noticed a significant difference in how long it takes to lock on/gather information about the target.

As far as zooming in, it appears that the zoom levels have changed:
Currently: 1x, 1.5x, 2x, 4x (Advanced Zoom)
TC V: 1x, 1.68x, 2.24x, 4.93x (Advanced Zoom)

I have not really noticed a significant difference in sensor range either, but at the same time I also don't know what the default sensor range is on any given mech either. The only time I've noticed a significant difference in the distance I start detecting targets is when I have the 'Advanced Sensor Range' Moduel equipped.

#20 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

I would like for the Command Console to feel more like a Command Console. From TT, Command Console did the following:

Since it is a fully functional cockpit unto itself, it can take over if the regular cockpit is destroyed or the pilot is incapacitated, provided of course that the Command Console is manned; in that case both cockpits must be destroyed to incapacitate the 'Mech.
If the secondary MechWarrior is not piloting the 'Mech he can make use of the command and control functions of the Command Console to add +2 to his side's initiative. This is not cumulative with other Command Consoles or mobile HQs[6]. The initiative bonus is lost when the Console operator is piloting the mech or establishing a satellite uplink.

Of course we can not port over TT rules into a FPS, but we can try to emulate them. I propose the following:
  • +100% cockpit internals (15hp->30hp) - to emulate a copilot
  • between 360m to 540m counter-ECM bubble - to emulate the satellite up-link
  • +1 or +2 module slot
  • +25% Sensor range/Info gathering

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 24 June 2014 - 07:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users