#61 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostThatDawg, on 24 July 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

*sigh*
the words "hoping" and "upcoming" are......oh nevermind.......

hey, guy who challenged paypal, get your money back??

He either failed and nothing happened (his case is actually quite weak since he got what he paid for, but whatever), or he got what he wanted and probably got banned. ( refunding after you got the goods without talking to support first? Isn't THAT a recipe to piss anyone off? )

Either way, since he quit the game in his own words, we're probably not going to hear from him again. *shrugs*

#62 Fastwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

PGI i have active premium time it's time for a refund at least to some degree,especially if we have to probably wait till the next patch to get a fix as you stated here
https://twitter.com/...147465051578368

You know waiting like 3 weeks for a fix on a major problem while having payed to play it's not funny anymore.

#63 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostHeeden, on 23 July 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

So wait, you're suggesting that even though a PGI representative posted in this thread that they are aware of this issue, they are not actually aware of the issue and need someone to contact them through Reddit.

What kind of mental gymnastics do you do to twist your thoughts so thoroughly?

Because I don't have the stomach necessary to stroke their egos in either Reddit or Twitter to get a response from them. They don't reply to "there's a problem, please fix it" posts here or there...without telling them how awesome they are and what a great game they're making first.

It makes me vomit.

#64 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:21 AM

saw someone with a DEV tag in game last night........I think, and I can't prove it, but I think his team killed him early into the match
..and I think this cause someone typed in "frag the sarge" about three minutes into the game

#65 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 July 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Because I don't have the stomach necessary to stroke their egos in either Reddit or Twitter to get a response from them. They don't reply to "there's a problem, please fix it" posts here or there...without telling them how awesome they are and what a great game they're making first.

It makes me vomit.

I wouldnt be surprised if they just up and ran with the money any day now.... the game has been in a crappy state for over 2 years.....

Edited by Jiang Wei, 25 July 2014 - 05:01 AM.

#66 Heeden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 July 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

It makes me vomit.

How does that relate to my question? I was wondering how you can hold two contradictory ideas in your head at once (the idea that the devs are aware of the issue and need informing of the issue), you go off on a rant about Reddit then vomit.

#67 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostJiang Wei, on 25 July 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

I wouldnt be surprised if they just up and ran with the money any day now.... the game has been in a crappy state for over 2 years.....

I can't really agree to this.. It has improved significantly.
Next on the mile stone is CW.

The current lag/desync bug is a new issue was that was recently introduced.
I am sick of it though.. Going to wait or play much less until they fix it.

#68 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

Still serious intermittent rubber banding and server lag even when my ping < 100 ms and my FPS is solid 50-60.

#69 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

Just played a game with 3 disconnects in it. I like how support has no clue there is a problem while some dev is saying it is being looked into.

#70 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

Its starting to really take the piss. I shouldn't be getting 2 minute lagspikes/freezes on a 150mb connection, and its definitely PGI side as everything else internet related is working fine when this happens.

#71 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

As promised a quick update on this issue, we investigated and found some unnecessary hit effect messages being sent from the server to the client which have now been removed and also there has been some tuning done to the movement messages to ensure that we don't send too many deltas within too short a time period.

These changes have been tested on public test and found to be working very well so they have been moved into tomorrow's patch. We look forward to seeing how these improvements work on production and as always appreciate your patience while we investigated and looked for a resolution.

We don't know the exact reason at this time why network performance seemed to degrade suddenly our best guess currently is those redundant hit effect messages that were being sent by the server have been increasing due to Mechs like the Nova that are able to field larger groups of weapons and generate large numbers of these messages rapidly and are still gaining in popularity.

We'll continue to monitor after tomorrows patch and make further improvements as necessary.

#72 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

It is the Clans fault... I KNEW IT!

:)

Hehehe. Thanks for the update and look forward to tomorrows patch!

Edited by DarthPeanut, 28 July 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#73 Fastwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 28 July 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

As promised a quick update on this issue, we investigated and found some unnecessary hit effect messages being sent from the server to the client which have now been removed and also there has been some tuning done to the movement messages to ensure that we don't send too many deltas within too short a time period.

These changes have been tested on public test and found to be working very well so they have been moved into tomorrow's patch. We look forward to seeing how these improvements work on production and as always appreciate your patience while we investigated and looked for a resolution.

We don't know the exact reason at this time why network performance seemed to degrade suddenly our best guess currently is those redundant hit effect messages that were being sent by the server have been increasing due to Mechs like the Nova that are able to field larger groups of weapons and generate large numbers of these messages rapidly and are still gaining in popularity.

We'll continue to monitor after tomorrows patch and make further improvements as necessary.

Thx for the update i hope it resolves the problem.

#74 divinedisclaimer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 30 June 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

call your ISP and upgrade your 56k dial up.

I noticed things were occasionally less stable than in the past before I moved, now I've moved to a different state and I'm definitely noticing it. I don't know if moving was a contributing factor, but I don't think it was.

In this case I don't think it's the user's end. I'm seeing de-synch at least one out of twenty games conservatively. Reconnecting restores functionality, but you're usually dead. This is the condition where all other mechs freeze in place and the play can move about shooting them to no response (because they aren't connected to the server).

#75 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

Just captured during a major lag spike: a great mech migration!

Posted Image

#76 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

is anyone consistently lousing there team marker and getting torn apart by there team mates?

#77 tredmeister

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 112 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostFrost Lord, on 02 September 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

is anyone consistently lousing there team marker and getting torn apart by there team mates?
Wrong thread..... try here. http://mwomercs.com/...24-no-triangle/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users