402 replies to this topic

#401 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

Elo is based on weight class (heavy, medium, etc.) based on last comms I saw.

I wouldn't mind more granularity - either by high-level mech (Catapults) or variant (K2 vs J), but all that takes time.

#402 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 15 July 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

That is a GREAT point. I often take out mechs I'm crappy with simply because they are fun. It would be helpful if ELO WAS based on individual mech and NOT player.

Technically, Elo is measured by weight class for each player. You have one Elo score for light mechs, one for medium mechs, one for heavies and one for assaults, which is why if you've done real well with your Jagermechs as your only heavies, having mastered them and played them for a long time, and then go and buy a Catapult, it's hard to level that new mech because the matchmaker expects you to do as well as you did with your Jagermechs, which of course you won't because it's a different type of mech that takes some getting used to and it isn't mastered yet like your Jagermechs. To ease the learning curve on a new mech, or mechs with totally different functions within the same weight class, I also think they should track Elo by mech chassis, not just weight class. As it is, with the current system, it only hurts for a little while before you get up to speed with a new mech... ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users