12 Mans Rofl Stomping Pugs Again

Balance

372 replies to this topic

#361 KAT Ayanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

This is what us PUGs have to deal with for not having friends.... or not having a 'team Speak' type of sistem IN GAME!!!

#362 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostExilicus, on 03 July 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Bottom line entering the que with two people and being matched against groups of 12 isn't fun.

The 2-man that took on a 12-man with our 10-man and won would disagree.

#363 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

kind of makes me glad i dont have any friends and i solo drop......

god im lonely

#364 Davic Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 66 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 July 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

Depends how you pugboss. I do alright with it. Admittedly I've spent a year working on that skill. It's harder than poptarting, to be honest. Atlas or Jenner with NARC work well for it.

A NARC Jenner is actually a good choice - most pug player will chase little red triangles. You give them one that doesn't go away and they'll follow it and shoot at it.

It's almost like reverse herding. It works rather well.

Personally I love this comment made me chuckle no end ! .. thanks MischiefSC for making what was a shite day into a better one !

#365 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

What I find funny is it took about a hour after the patch went live for this to pop up.

#366 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

July 2, 2014: Dawn of Justice.

High noon is when we have a totally premade-free, solo only queue and brave solos can join the group queue.

#367 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

lions killing hyenas is perfect matchmaking. Thats how you keep mid level over-culling scavenger style predators in check.

#368 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostFade Akira, on 03 July 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

Then along came the new matchmaker. Suddenly, these tryhards had to face a whole team of people, who were good players by and large, also on comms, and not even a trial mech as far as the eye could see.

....Turns out they just relied on fighting uncoordinated teams with their cheese builds.....

Indeed, all those "3L33T" premades that were trolling the PUG queues are in fact no better than this guy:
Posted Image

Edited by Hellen Wheels, 03 July 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#369 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostFade Akira, on 03 July 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

This thread is brilliant. As far as i can see its basically this:

Everyone is happy except those 3 or 4 man tryhard premade lances. This is what happened.....

Once upon a time, there were some 3/4 man premades that used to roll around killing pug groups on comms, thinking that their poo could never stink. They liked to try really, really hard with meta and jump builds.

Then along came the new matchmaker. Suddenly, these tryhards had to face a whole team of people, who were good players by and large, also on comms, and not even a trial mech as far as the eye could see.

This is such a poisonous attitude and does absolutely nothing for the health of this game.

The majority of 2-4 player groups before the patch were either friends who wanted to simply group up, larger units broken down into smaller lances who ran diversified loadouts, larger units broken up into smaller lances who ran meta loadouts, or random people on NGNG and other servers who just want to play as a group vs solo.

The only groups that caused issues before were the hyper aggressive 4-mans from competitive units all running meta builds, and more often than not, if there was a 4-man on one team, there was a 4-man on the other team. The problem is the 4-man on the other team is usually a non-meta lance, and thus cannot balance out the game against the 4-man meta lance, so it ends in a stomp.

Sometimes there's a competitive meta lance on both sides who pretty much cancel each other out, so the outcome of the game ends up being largely determined by which team won the pug lottery with solo players.

Now the 2-4 man groups are mostly only comprised of friends that just want to play together, or random pick up groups. The larger units and competitive units have all increased their numbers to give them a better chance at winning.

There is no karma at work here like so many of you want to believe. The group players who were roflstomping the other team's 4-man and the rest of the pugs have all moved on to larger groups to continue roflstomping at their leisure.

The only thing that's different now is that pugs no longer have an option to group up with 1 or 2 friends. They're either confined to drop solo, or end up becoming cannon fodder for a larger 8-12man group on the other side.

Essentially this new matchmaking system does absolutely nothing but screw over the guy in the middle. The roflstomping premades from before continue to reign supreme:

Before it was:
Solo Players </= Small Groups of Friends < ROFL Premades

Now it's:
Solo Players = Solo Players
Small Groups of Friends < ROFL Premades

#370 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

Posted Image

#371 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostAresye, on 03 July 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

Essentially this new matchmaking system does absolutely nothing but screw over the guy in the middle. The roflstomping premades from before continue to reign supreme:

Before it was:
Solo Players </= Small Groups of Friends < ROFL Premades

Now it's:
Solo Players = Solo Players
Small Groups of Friends < ROFL Premades

Before it was:
Soloplayer -2
Small groups 0
Premades +2

Now its:
Soloplayers 0
Small groups -1
Premades +1

It gives a better overall customerexperience, while equalizing the personal enjoyment of all customers and giving a small focus to the largest customergroup but not letting out the vip clients.

Thats how i would have called it in my past, if you want i can post a translation to what we would have said after the door was closed.

Edited by Galenit, 03 July 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#372 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

Losing against a team which is better organized than your team is not the end of the world.

It is, in fact, what happens in any good competitive game.

#373 krash27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 582 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostGM Reppu, on 03 July 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Lots of interesting feedback in this thread with many different perspectives from different types of players. There's a lot of emotion behind some posts as well and it's great that you're all so passionate about the game, however please keep it classy: avoid taking jabs at each other and watch the language.

Hehe I guess a specific demographic getting roflstomped is "interesting".
Same old same old lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users