Changes To The Module Slot System

314 replies to this topic

#281 Tommy 5 Tone

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

I like the concept of module slots and how they affect role warfare but I think the AS7 D-DC got hosed on its number of module slots as compared to most any other chasis. It is, after all, supposed to be a command chasis.

#282 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 30 July 2014 - 02:12 AM, said:

I don't understand the OP, my D-DC had 4 mech modules now it has 2. any way you look at it I lost 2 modules!

So what.

Now Light mechs get more so they can at least help out a bit.

You either want or don't want role warfare, but majority of people do and that's where game is headed.

I can't believe how many people rely on modules, it's astonishing. I usually only bother tossing anything on if I'm grinding out a mech that can have a few LRMs.

Edited by shad0w4life, 30 July 2014 - 08:51 AM.

#283 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

View Postshad0w4life, on 30 July 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

So what.

Now Light mechs get more so they can at least help out a bit.

You either want or don't want role warfare, but majority of people do and that's where game is headed.

I can't believe how many people rely on modules, it's astonishing. I usually only bother tossing anything on if I'm grinding out a mech that can have a few LRMs.

I don't actually care how many modules I can put on this or that mech. I would have been perfectly happy with the change if I didn't now have modules sitting in my inventory that I have quite literally no use for whatsoever. On the plus side, I'll be using consumables for the first time and they'll be completely paid in full for the foreseeable future thanks to the sale of said modules. If my math is correct I'll have enough to fund 750 matches of full consumable use.

#284 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

I dont like it.

I used to have Target info gatering + Advanced zoom + Advanced seismic sensor on my Direwolf :P
Now I can use only two, however I dont care about any "consumable" slots.

Edited by DrSlamastika, 30 July 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#285 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Well for the curious I threw myself on the proverbial sword and bought a weapon module BEFORE fully upgrading it to test and see if the Rank 1 <Derp Increase> goes to a Rank 2 <Slightly Less Derp> when you upgrade.

Fortunately for PGI, it does; this means that if you buy a crappy weapon module now, and they release new ranks for it later you wont have to buy new versions of said module. However given that they will probably release different types other than range, some people will hold off anyways and ignore their weapon slots like red headed step children. (Im looking at you zak.)

#286 PharmEcis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSilver Spring, MD

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

The new direction to reduce consumables as just posted by Niko is a step in the right direction, but PGI STILL isn't listening to us. The beginning of this thread highlights some EXCELLENT things to do to make modules more "role" specific. I hope they've cleaned the wax out of their ears and not only hear what has been stated but also follow through and implement it. As it stands now, even by minimizing the consumables, the module system is STILL a joke.

#287 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

what I have found so far in regards to this change to the modules system is that the auto reload feature is a failure... I have several times now not been able to use the arty strikes I was expecting it to do it's job for yet didn't auto reload it...

#288 Blackscreen

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

Good job breaking modules in a private lobby, allowing you to only change consumables without going out of lobby to the mechlab makes a lot of sense...

#289 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:30 AM

Nice change to the Module System !

Maybe now you find someone out there who is willing to buy a Weapon Module ?

My favourite is the "Inner Sphere Small Laser Module Level 2 " which buffs the range from 100m to 104m.

I never spend 3.000.000 Cbills so usefully...

#290 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostUiA, on 29 July 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

Despite the overwhelmingly negative responses they received when they first announced the module slot change, they went ahead and did it anyway...

This the part that defies logic. Didn't someone at the staff meeting bring up the truckload of bad things that would happen in the game if they went ahead and did it?

#291 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostDesintegrator, on 31 July 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

My favourite is the &quot;Inner Sphere Small Laser Module Level 2 &quot; which buffs the range from 100m to 104m.

I never spend 3.000.000 Cbills so usefully...

I sense the Sarcasm is strong with this one, Obi Wan....

#292 Stile3081

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:40 AM

My ultra zooms that I purchased have now disappeared with this update put them back now!

#293 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:55 AM

For people missing modules: Modules equipped before the patch are not immediately visible. Fix: Save the Mech and reload the Loadout menu to make them re-appear.

[redacted]

Took me about 10 seconds of playing around to "solve" without reading the patch notes. How difficult can it be...

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 01 August 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#294 Ragnar Bashmek

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 60 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChandler, TX

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

PGI, don't you guys have a "Business Manager" sort of person on your staff that you could go to with questions like "We want to do something stupid and pointless that's going to piss off a major portion of our customers,..... Is that OK?"

I was going to by two more Clan mech sets next payday, but that is not happening now. In the spirit of Capitalism I'm expressing my appreciation of the loss of mech module slots by not spending another single $ on this game until they are restored.

#295 Opus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 July 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

And you will of course refund all my module purchases, yes?

Posted Image

#296 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostOpus, on 01 August 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

Posted Image

No **** on that one. [redacted] PGI. Modules automatically strip so we don't even know what they were and furthermore we don't get cbill credit for what was on the mech before it was stripped. Way to break the game more guys!

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 01 August 2014 - 03:20 PM.
Language

#297 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

View Postscgt1, on 01 August 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

No **** on that one. [redacted] PGI. Modules automatically strip so we don't even know what they were and furthermore we don't get cbill credit for what was on the mech before it was stripped. Way to break the game more guys!

uhm....
you mean tot ell me you don't know what your loadouts were for your favorite mechs?

As far as the module system.

Tried it out last night finally. Good stuff in my opinion. I like the diversity to modules now. Take it from a Stalker pilot, having more modules is nice. (weapon modules are still useless in my eyes and don't use them though). I dont' see what all the fuss is about. I went through last night and set up the modules on all my "normal" rides in every weight class. It was a little cumbersome PGI, get a better drag and drop system for the UI ASAP.

With that said, I know it does change a few minor things (yes minor, because if your ability to win a match rest solely on something like radar dep, adv sensors, or any other module, I got news for you, it isn't the module) on loadouts but nothing game breaking. I WOULD suggest that PGI refund all the modules though. There are a LOT of people that would set up their mechs differently under this system. It's not just a matter of "I lost this module", it's more of "Well I would have bought this module and/or that module instead of 5 of these modules". PGI needs to do a reset on the modules, other than that, good job on them so far.

Now get pilot quirks and skills, let players build ana ctual character, step the modules up to start integrating role warfare with mech and chassis specific modules.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 01 August 2014 - 03:20 PM.
Language in quote

#298 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostSandpit, on 01 August 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

uhm....
you mean tot ell me you don't know what your loadouts were for your favorite mechs?

As far as the module system.

Tried it out last night finally. Good stuff in my opinion. I like the diversity to modules now. Take it from a Stalker pilot, having more modules is nice. (weapon modules are still useless in my eyes and don't use them though). I dont' see what all the fuss is about. I went through last night and set up the modules on all my "normal" rides in every weight class. It was a little cumbersome PGI, get a better drag and drop system for the UI ASAP.

With that said, I know it does change a few minor things (yes minor, because if your ability to win a match rest solely on something like radar dep, adv sensors, or any other module, I got news for you, it isn't the module) on loadouts but nothing game breaking. I WOULD suggest that PGI refund all the modules though. There are a LOT of people that would set up their mechs differently under this system. It's not just a matter of "I lost this module", it's more of "Well I would have bought this module and/or that module instead of 5 of these modules". PGI needs to do a reset on the modules, other than that, good job on them so far.

Now get pilot quirks and skills, let players build ana ctual character, step the modules up to start integrating role warfare with mech and chassis specific modules.

Considering my game rig has been down for the better part of a month going through hardware changes and cooling upgrades and the fact I've been fighting off bronchitis for a week. Yea not so up on what each of my 60+ mechs have equiped at any given moment. ;)

#299 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

That reminds me that since we are not getting a good way to find quickly where a module/engine is, there should be a tool to strip all mech's modules and engines with a single click. I would use that often.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 01 August 2014 - 03:21 PM.
Language in quote

#300 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

RTFM.

You still have those modules; you didn't lose anything.

View Postsabujo, on 01 August 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

That reminds me that since we are not getting a good way to find quickly where a module/engine is, there should be a tool to strip all mech's modules and engines with a single click. I would use that often.

You mean, like the Strip Mech button, that can remove modules and such?

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 01 August 2014 - 03:21 PM.
Language in quote

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users