Module Slot System Feedback - 1.3.307

304 replies to this topic

#21 Greenskull

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

I dont like the new module system. Weapon modules are useless. I believe now everybody can take mech modules and consumbles so its more pay to win, because if you take consumbles you can take other modules too. At least i am pretty unlucky, because i bought before 1-2 days TBR and a second mech-module.

#22 RighteousFury

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Just remove any heat increase from any weaponmodule (the range gain is almost unnoticeable anyways) and it might be worth it.

#23 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

I just can't see the logic behind this change.

#24 Gladewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 464 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

Why do we insist on gimping certain random mechs in the module department?! Please standardize them and add more mech and less consumable/weapon please.

#25 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

So what do LRM boats get for weapon module slots? Why do command mechs have a decrease in their effectiveness?

#26 James Carlyle

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

we mastered the mechs to get an extra module slot, now we lose that slot just to put weapon and consumable slot's that most of us don't use.
I usualy played with advanced sensor, advanced target decay, and advanced seismic on the missile boats now I will have to drop the advanced sensor, same with the brawlers,and the sniper builds I will have to drop advanced zoom or target info gathering.
Again you are downgrading the IS mechs that are so underpowered compared to the clans. And we loose functionality on the mechs, so you should reset the modules owned giving back the cbils and gxp that we spent so we can decide which modules are we going to buy according to the new rules.

Patch feedback= major setback, this patch sucks and I was so pleased with your latest work.

#27 Eladrion

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

well, thx for removing 1 or more actually usefull Moduleslots and replace them with 4 totally useless ones that will ultimatly lead to even more strikes then we had before the patch.

Someone allready said it - the Raven will be pretty useless now as a scout with only 2 Modules instead of 4.

#28 Alexander Carlile

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSetúbal

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

not only ravens all 4module mech's were downgraded to 2, ddc's were downgraded from 4 to 2 slots and all other atlas kept the 3 module slots.
we mastered the mechs to get an extra module slot, now we lose that slot just to put weapon and consumable slot's that most of us don't use.
I usualy played with advanced sensor, advanced target decay, and advanced seismic on the missile boats now I will have to drop the advanced sensor, same with the brawlers,and the sniper builds I will have to drop advanced zoom or target info gathering.
Again you are downgrading the IS mechs that are so underpowered compared to the clans. And we loose functionality on the mechs, so you should reset the modules owned giving back the cbils and gxp that we spent so we can decide which modules are we going to buy according to the new rules.

Patch feedback= major setback, this patch sucks!.

Edited by Alexander Carlile, 29 July 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#29 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

I was actually never really a fan of any of the consumables. So, the old system worked great. If a person wanted them, they could take them at the expense of a module slot. Now however, every mech gets 2 consumables. Oh yay! Furthermore, In my 5D with 3 energy slots, myself and a lot of people run 3 medium pulse lasers. This build is already hot enough and you have crippled this build because there is only one weapon module that would be useful for it.

I have a suggestion. Give the majority of mechs only one consumable and 1 weapon slot, but 3 mech slots. (Realistically there are only 3 different consumables i.e, arty/air, UAV, coolshot.) So a mech driver would be required to pick which one is their favorite. Also, by allowing only 1 weapon slot, it will allow a bit more customization of mechs, rather than less, which is where the new system is going.

The long and short of it is that I really dislike the new system. I do not feel there was anything wrong with the old module system.

#30 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

good thing I do not run modules except for deprivation and target decay

#31 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 565 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

I was trying to quote something someone else had said, but that isn't working for me now.

There is no reason to take a JR7-K now.
JR7-K should have the module loadout that the Oxide has.

Edited by Ertur, 29 July 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#32 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

View Postecued, on 29 July 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

command mechs, (you know, the ones that used to have the extra module slot) seemed to have lost that and other mechs, (i.e. raven 4x) were given the extra slot. why? seriously don't know why we wasted any time on the module system itself, other than changing and saving them faster, the module system didn't need to be touched at all.

Because the command 'Mechs you're referring to all have ECM, and had ECM on top of the extra module slot(s) --- which allowed them to overshadow non-ECM variants of the same 'Mech until now.

Now you have a reason to consider non-ECM variants of the chassis: you can choose ECM or an extra 'Mech module, instead of getting overpowered both. :(

View PostAlexander Carlile, on 29 July 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Umm, no you don't. The master slot is a 'Mech slot for all 'Mechs.

Edited by Sandslice, 29 July 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#33 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 29 July 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

Please let us know about your experience and your feedback on the new changes to module slots! For more info, please refer to the latest patch notes:http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/166189-patch-notes-13307-29-jul-2014/

HATE IT ALREADY!!!

Now everyone will carry arty AND air strike! These are OP as it is! And removing A MECH MODULE SLOT?!? I don't even use weapon modules cuz of added heat.. so I hate this new setup!

WHY !?!?

WHO ever complained about the module system needing revamp? You obviously put alot of time and effort into this when there are many other issues that need fixing, NOT THIS!

Give back the lost mech module slots STOLEN from our mechs!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 29 July 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#34 ArtimusClydeFrong1

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

I personally like the name module system. The only issue I have is that my mech was showing invalid in the mech bay, when I clicked on the loadout a message appeared indicating (and im paraphrasing) that my modules were invalid and they would be stripped. It seems that the modules were not just stripped but actually removed from my account. In total I lost an Advanced Zoom, Advanced Sensor Range, and AC/20 range. Please look into this and give them back.

#35 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostArtimusClydeFrong1, on 29 July 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

I personally like the name module system. The only issue I have is that my mech was showing invalid in the mech bay, when I clicked on the loadout a message appeared indicating (and im paraphrasing) that my modules were invalid and they would be stripped. It seems that the modules were not just stripped but actually removed from my account. In total I lost an Advanced Zoom, Advanced Sensor Range, and AC/20 range. Please look into this and give them back.

Resave your 'Mech.

#36 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

So under the new system and I have over 120 million in modules sitting in my inventory. Pretty sweeping change PGI.

#37 Kelenas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

I don't get why you seem to think we need more C-bill sinks in this game. You force us to need 3 of a given mech to function at all, you force us to move our modules around instead of just being unlocked on all mechs, and now you want us to blow millions and millions more on weapon modules that don't really do anything at all. Maybe if the weapon module system was actually fleshed out this would make sense, but all we have access to is trading range for heat, which is a bad trade in most cases.

#38 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Mixed feelings here. The basic idea makes sense. Modules do naturally fall into these three categories, and if you want to make all three types useful it would be nice if they didn't compete with each other, especially weapon modules. It also offers the chance to customize and tweak individual mechs in a more finely detailed way. However, in my opinion you kinda missed the chance to implement this properly.

For starters, there should have been a lot more use of this to balance weaker classes. *ALL* lights and mediums (with the possible exception of the nova and stormcrow) should have gotten the +1 mech module, and then some specific ones should have gotten additional module boosts on top of that. These two classes still lag behind their heavier compatriots in a big way, and this system is the absolutely *perfect* way to start addressing that. if all lights and mediums could bring 2/2/3 after mastery and then some of them could bring a 4th mech module or a 3rd consumable, it would be a chance to actually partially represent in-game the utility/versatility benefits that medium and light mechs are supposed to have in lore in addition to providing a much needed boost in power.

Similarly, the relative balance between weapon, consumable, and mech module slots would have given a chance to differentiate the classes. For example, imagine that assault mechs got only 1 consumable but 3 weapons. Once weapon modules actually get fully fleshed out to be *useful*, this would be a neat way to emphasize assault mechs as the kings of all dakka. Lights might do the reverse and sacrifice a weapon module for a consumable. Mediums could have 2/2/2 stock to emphasize their roles as jack-of-all-trades. None of those *particular* suggestions are set in stone, but you could do things along those general lines to try and differentiate classes.

Instead, most stuff is all the same as everything else, with a few weaker mechs getting a bonus out of pity. And some of the individual mech choices are really strange. What is so special about the SHD-2H that it deserves an extra module when none of the other 55 tonners get one? Why leave out one of the non-ECM cicadas? Why does the stormcrow lose a module slot but the equally problematic nova or dire wolf not? Why an extra (useless) weapon module for the BJ-3 but an extra mech module for the BJ-1? Why did kintaros, the red-headed stepchildren of the 55-ton bracket, not get any extra modules? Why give extra modules to the COM-3A, FS9-S, RVN-4X, RVN-H, and JR7-O but not other widely acknowledged lower-tier members of those chassis? Why is the dedicated information warfare and support raven stuck with only 1 slot? What is the point of the JR7-K now? What are locusts, who can barely carry any weapons anyway, supposed to do with 3 weapon modules? Why buff one underperforming 60 ton chassis and not the other? What is the rationale for buffing only one random treb? Why buff the most commonly used centurion and not the other two? Why on earth does *any* awesome need a nerf?

And, of course, while the total number of slots goes up, the limiting of the number of slots in any category further highlights the balance problems that individual modules have. This isn't a problem that the module *system* causes, mind you, but this system is just going to make it even more obvious that strikes, seismic, and radar dep rule the module world and that weapon modules are so utterly worthless that even *with* dedicated slots most will go unused. Right now, there might as well not exist any other mech modules than radar dep and seismic. I have 4 sensor range modules from back when it was the only thing you could do to try and fight ECM lights with streaks that will never ever be equipped to a mech again. Advanced zoom will *never* displace one of the power two or even modules like cap accel or target info gathering. The entire category of support mech modules might as well not exist except for cap accel. The vast differences in power between various modules in the same category isn't something that a revamp of the module system is going to be able to fix, of course, but it *is* something you're going to have to address at some point.

#39 Samual Kalkin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

This whole cluster-**** is just one more reason to maintain my stance of not ONE MORE RED CENT to PGI and
IGP.

Give me something worth paying for if you want my money PGI, until then you have received all of it that you ever will.

#40 Nooee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 155 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

The UAV reload is failing to auto reload. Also thanks for NERFING THE DDC SLOTS PUAL.
Another brilliant idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users