304 replies to this topic

#61 osakashogun

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

I have always disliked consumables, not sure why, nothing to do with other MW games since I haven't played them. I don't care about cannon or lore tabletop stuff either. I just think they are stupid and add another level of disparity, but I didn't care THAT much really. But If PGI gives back our mech slots in the middle of the rest of this crap since I love 4x zoom and don't even like have to mod for it, OR just makes 4x zoom a normal function of the game and refunds all C-bills, either of those would shut me up and I would go be quiet and just play and spend money occasionally. Removing the auto refill goes without saying, that seems even more important than the mech slots. But all my friends who got me into this game don't seem to play anymore from some of the other annoying stuff. I think almost everyone hates consumables, not just the nerdy canon guys, adding refill to that guarantees many of us will be moving on since it was already a sore point for many and the main reason people started to dislike PGI. I read many articles about it because I didn't see what the big deal was. My main concern is whether I can get refunds for the modules I can't use anymore or partial monetary refunds. They are taking the game so far from what it was back when I paid with enthuism that I'm not sure I can really even play it anymore. Clan mechs have made most IS stuff obsolete, I regret paying money for those hero mechs that are so pathetic and worthless now. I'm gonna wait a week or two and see what they do next before I close my account and just walk away, I got other stuff I should be doing with my life anyways. Distractions are supposed to be fun and refreshing, not a source of continuing frustration and negative moods. I don't even care that PGI wants to make money, thats fine, but there are limits to this crap and they just found mine...

#62 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

Reduce consumable slots for assaults and heavies. We need less arty spam, not more.

Weapons modules are bad, and should feel bad. Not going to bother to equip them.

That is all.

#63 Vermithrax Rex

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

Jacked up! That's what this is. I don't care about weapon modules. I don't care about consumables. I unlocked all those master slots so I could run 360 target retention, advanced sensor range, and advanced seismic sensor. So now I have to only pick 2 of those?.......Master slot should be able to be assigned to 'mech if we want.

I've spent plenty of money in this game with all clan chassis, all phoenix and saber, and several hero 'mechs.....Just bought another hero this weekend for crying out loud......so It's not like I'm not helping PGI make money.

Edited by csmonkey, 29 July 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#64 Baylien

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

What I like:

The auto-refill OMG THANK YOU!!!
That the modules are broken out into categories, especially the consumables.
The extra keybind options to the module slots.

What I dont like:
The modules that I like and use the most are the "Mech" modules. For the mechs that had three or four slots before this patch, the changes all together feel like a nerf because I never use more than two consumables (usually just arty) and I dont use most of the weapon modules. I would really like for the mechs to get their original max number of modules slots back as Mech module slots. None of the Mech modules are particularly OP so I dont see the need to reduce the number of them that can be used.
The removal of the ability to change non consumable modules from the awesome new "Mech Selection" screen.

Thanks for continuing to make the game better.

#65 Cash Wilson

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

I am not a fan of the new module set up. I like the idea behind it, however I worked hard to master three chassis styles for different mechs and now that is useless. Also the DDC now has less slots than any other that I have when before it had one more. That was the perk in purchasing it. The idea is solid but why not allow the mastering of three chassis to give you a third slot or something?

#66 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostBlackIC, on 29 July 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

so the prime adder comes with 2 weapon module slots. its stock loadout is 2 er-ppcs. it only has one mech slot and one to unlock.

so as developed by PGI the prime stock mechs has 2 useless weapon modules.nothing on the prime variant uses any of the weapon modules.very poor design and implementation. The prime adder should have additional mech modules

that aside the whole module system is a big screw you to the clan owners. You dropped modules slots from scarecrow and timberwolf but add them to IS.

what the theory here, the clans developed inferior technology?

What are you talking about? They took them away from IS mechs too (the most useful mech module ones)! Weapon modules are useless and consumables, well, they are for the skilless that like to arty spam..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 29 July 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#67 Jake 451

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSidney BC Canada

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Very disappointed. I was never big on consumeables or the weapon modules and I like to run Improved Gyros and Hill Climb on my Heavy Mechs and Atlas DDC mechs. Now I am short one slot for those items. Bring on Artillery and Air Strikes!

#68 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 29 July 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

I can understand evening things out module wise. I don't understand removing the mech slots. I expect you to see more strikes. Well, people put 2 strikes on most of the time anyway but why not let me take two uav's if I so choose if that is the case. Also, we have said multiple times to make the master slot an "any" slot. You didn't do that. Need it.

Now we can drop an arty while being artied, and retaliate with an air strike while being air struck.. without sacrificing any mech module or weapon module slots.. what's to complain about?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 29 July 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#69 Ancient Demise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 189 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior: Living Legends

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

What pretty much everyone else here said^^^

You are ENCOURAGING more spamming of arty/air strikes without any tradeoff while limiting the versatility of the existing mech modules.
80k cbill loss for a easier win? Not a problem A lot of players have loads of cbills and could easily shrug off the money loss, especially if they make a profit with premium time.

I cannot imagine why you would take this route unless this game really is P2W and you have developed an unhealthy apathy towards your customers.
This must be a bug - please fix it.

THINK before you act.

Also, the weapon modules are nearly useless. There are so many things modules could have done instead....

#70 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

View Postwarner2, on 29 July 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

*cough* Jenner K *cough*

Is (was) he the only mech with 4 mech module slots?

View Postzaepp, on 29 July 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

I know better ways to spend my GXP/MC/MC than on weapon modules and/or consumables.
For example the ability to save specific load-outs and switch them in drop preparation?
Mechwarriors could unlock up to three loadout-slots for each variant/chassis with GXP and then buy them with C-Bills.

View PostIsabelle, on 29 July 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

I honestly rather like the change except for a few small details (Jenner-K strictly inferior to Jenner-D, and such). Limiting the number of mech modules allowed, means that people actually have to chose which ones they want as they now can't have all the ones they want. Keep in mind that while you might not be able to put on all the mods you want, neither can your enemy.

What are you saying? This is a step backward! We spent lots of TIME mastering mechs for the extra slot and LOTS of MC for purchasing modules.. just because both sides face the same difficulties doesn't make this ok.. now many modules I bought are never going to be used.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 29 July 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#71 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostZekester81, on 29 July 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

I do not like the new module system. I am now forced to have two empty slots(in most cases) because of the weapon module slots.

Consider yourself lucky you only have 2 empty slots. I pretty much don't use consumables or weapon modules, so now I have 4 wasted slots, and every mech in my garage has been effectively nerfed to carry one less useful module than they could before.

Gee, thanks PGI! If you care, here is a clue: if people don't want to buy lame, useless modules, you aren't going to be able to force them to buy them just by making specific slots for those lame, useless modules. The only thing you accomplish is making more players disgruntled by your indiscriminate and poorly thought out nerfing.

#72 L3GR0DANCER

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Well PGI, what can I say? You've done it again. Nobody liked/wanted the acrros the board JJ nerfs, and we got them anyways. (good job taking down the JJ change feedback thread by the way. I'm sure our concerns there will be adressed with a healthy dose of go ***** yourself.) Now, you've taken it upon yourselves to **** upon a system that was working fine, and again (gasp!), replace it with something that is stupid, does notihng to fix the relative balance of modules, and indeed, nerfs the christ out of things i enjoy playing (3L scout/ GRF lrm harrasers, i could go on...).

Dafuq is wrong with you clowns? Weapon Modules? WTFROFLCOPTERBBQ, they are terrible and no one wants to use them, period. You could've just made the weaker modules on par with the ones everybody takes, but no, you give us this convoluted BS instead. And more arty douche-baggery? Yeah, that's really what this game needs more of. I could've lived with the default mech module cap being set at two, but one? You've got to be joking me. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you even know anymore? Just stop it.

Absolute fail: 0/10

Another patch like this and I'm unistalling and never coming back. Glad the only thing I ever gave these sh1tbirds real money for were mech bays.

#73 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostIsabelle, on 29 July 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

As for the 2 consumable slots, while yes having everyone using both artillery and air strike would be annoying, I doubt most players will be willing to reduce their income by 80k per match in order to use both. I personally would have preferred 1 consumable slot per mech for most mechs (with cool-shots only taking 1/2 a slot so you can take both a 6 and a 9x9/18).

Having two consumable slots won't help either... only makes it worse. Again.. a step backwards..

One consumable slot is better but PGI won't go for this.. they want u to spend money.

Just give us back our lost mech module slots and all this will go away.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 29 July 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#74 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

View Postosakashogun, on 29 July 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

I have always disliked consumables, not sure why, nothing to do with other MW games since I haven't played them. I don't care about cannon or lore tabletop stuff either. I just think they are stupid and add another level of disparity, but I didn't care THAT much really. But If PGI gives back our mech slots in the middle of the rest of this crap since I love 4x zoom and don't even like have to mod for it, OR just makes 4x zoom a normal function of the game and refunds all C-bills, either of those would shut me up and I would go be quiet and just play and spend money occasionally. Removing the auto refill goes without saying, that seems even more important than the mech slots. But all my friends who got me into this game don't seem to play anymore from some of the other annoying stuff. I think almost everyone hates consumables, not just the nerdy canon guys, adding refill to that guarantees many of us will be moving on since it was already a sore point for many and the main reason people started to dislike PGI. I read many articles about it because I didn't see what the big deal was. My main concern is whether I can get refunds for the modules I can't use anymore or partial monetary refunds. They are taking the game so far from what it was back when I paid with enthuism that I'm not sure I can really even play it anymore. Clan mechs have made most IS stuff obsolete, I regret paying money for those hero mechs that are so pathetic and worthless now. I'm gonna wait a week or two and see what they do next before I close my account and just walk away, I got other stuff I should be doing with my life anyways. Distractions are supposed to be fun and refreshing, not a source of continuing frustration and negative moods. I don't even care that PGI wants to make money, thats fine, but there are limits to this crap and they just found mine...

That's true.. they shouldn't make drastic changes like these.. only tweaks. Many modules I spent time/money on will never be used again. How is this progress?????

And worse for PGI.. MANY modules will now go UNPURCHASED!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 29 July 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#75 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

Module slot update fail.
1) Why are there 20 weapon modules in one page, but the 14 'mech modules are split into 4 different pages? Reduce the 'Mech modules to one page or give me an All 'Mech page. Split the weapons modules into Balisitics (AMS goes here), Energy, and Missile catagories, but give people an All Weapons page too.

2) The slide out info for the modules covers the weapons module slots (Not that I think anyone will use them).

3) Why are the module slots labled 1,2,3,4,5 in the inventory, but are labled Modules, Consumables, and Weapons in the mechlab? Be Consistant!

4) How can I tell what extra modules were installed on my (F), (S), (P), and (I) Mechs if they aren't displayed in the inventory, and now the game tells me I have a module slot violation?

This was really a buff to the ultra competitive meta 'mech pilots. Now they can take an extra mech module with their prefered module and both strikes. Maybe, a few of those pilots used 3 consumables... but now that'll just shift to my previous example.

Please revisit this issue by limiting strikes to 1 per 'mech.

#76 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

Every single one of my mechs now run arty and air. This was a fail to the most extreme.

Thanks for Artillery Game Online.

Posted Image

Edited by SLDF DeathlyEyes, 29 July 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#77 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 29 July 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

Is (was) he the only mech with 4 mech module slots?

No, it had 3. However, this came at the cost of a CT missile hardpoint:

-D: RA 2E, LA 2E, CT 2M @2 mods
-K: RA 2E, LA 2E, CT 1M @3 mods
-F: RA 3E, LA 3E @1 mod

Now all Jenners except Oxide have the standard (2/2/1) module set - which causes the -K to be strictly inferior to -D. -D and -F are fine with respect to each other; but -K needs a buff now.

#78 MaxFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

There are no Clan AC weapon modules, only Clan UAC modules.

#79 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

You guys had the chance to introduce actually useful weapon modules, using the clan weapons as test bed, but instead you just made them as bad as the IS ones are.

Nobody with any sense used them before, and that was not because mech modules and consumables were so much better, it was because the weapon modules are 98% COMPLETE RUBBISH. I just watched Heimdelight's live stream on twitch, and when the pro players set up their mechs with "WEAPON MODULES: EMPTY SLOT, EMPTY SLOT", you can be pretty sure something's wrong with your system.

Why on earth would anyone want to decrease their damage output for marginal increase in range?

Basically, you now have 2 module slots on every mech just for AMS and MG buff modules. If your mech doesn't have those, it's best to leave them empty. I'm sure anyone with half a brain can figure out why the AMS and MG buffs are better than the others, ie. worth having at all?

I'm sure that you will finally see this when you look at module use statistics, but anyone could see that modules that make you deal less damage are a bad concept that nobody wants. How many months will it take before you realize this as well?

#80 Pope RW

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Massive fail. The reduction to the mech module slots is a giant step backwards in game development. As an example my scout raven which was mastered and had the ability to field 4 modules has been nurfed to 2 modules. Eliminating the mech's ability to be and effective scout.

My last purchase will be my last purchase in this game. Once my premium time expires I will probably scale back my game time or eliminate it completely and find something else to play.

Thanks PGI for fixing something that was not broken. No more cash from me.

Edited by Pope RW, 29 July 2014 - 06:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users