164 replies to this topic

#1 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

When the Module System Revamp was first announced I made this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...gi-refund-them/. Bryan came on and assured us that if there was a "radical change" to modules then there would be a refund, as they had done things like that in the past. Now, I have over 120 million c-bills in modules just sitting in my Inventory.

That seems like a radical change to me.

#2 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Or vote in a thread to take feedback to suggest a "fix" to the system:

http://mwomercs.com/...e-roles-better/

#3 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

He didn't assure us of anything. He preceded his comment with "No promises yet..." Granted, a refund would be a nice gesture, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

PGI probably doesn't consider this to be a radical change, since the modules themselves are the same. Only their implementation is different.

#4 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

When I read that you were calling him out, I was expecting something far more gangster than this.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

I still blame Paul and NuPaul for the module overhaul.

#6 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostZolaz, on 29 July 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

When the Module System Revamp was first announced I made this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...gi-refund-them/. Bryan came on and assured us that if there was a "radical change" to modules then there would be a refund, as they had done things like that in the past. Now, I have over 120 million c-bills in modules just sitting in my Inventory.

That seems like a radical change to me.

View PostBryan Ekman, on 12 July 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

No promises yet, but I will review this with the team and see what/if anything makes sense based on the design change. i agree with the thought in principle, if we make radical changes that alter the experience, we should offer a solution. We have done this in the past several times.

"No promises yet..." doesn't seem very assuring.

#7 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 July 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

I still blame Paul and NuPaul for the module overhaul.

What's the NuPaul joke? I must have missed it.

Makes me think of this "guy."

Posted Image

Edited by Crotch RockIt, 29 July 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#8 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

You should start more threads complaining about the module changes, two certainly isn't nearly enough.

#9 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 29 July 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

When I read that you were calling him out, I was expecting something far more gangster than this.

forum winner of the day

View PostCrotch RockIt, on 29 July 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

What's the NuPaul joke? I must have missed it.

Makes me think of this "guy."

Posted Image

can't wait for the photoshoppers to get ahold of this one

#10 damonwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

I find it interesting how they choose to implement bad decisions they KNOW will upset most of their player base. Why do such a thing? They asked for, and deserve all the grief they receive over this poorly planned and implemented module system change.
It's also convenient how they implemented them after most people have stopped buying the Clan packages.

Edited by damonwolf, 29 July 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#11 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostR Razor, on 29 July 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

You should start more threads complaining about the module changes, two certainly isn't nearly enough.

You should complain about more threads, one comment certainly isnt nearly enough.

#12 Ph30nix

• 2,442 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

Im just glad they changed the idea of having the mastery bonus be a weapon slot.

with that i dont see too big of a problem with new module layouts 2 mech modules is plenty anything more than that should be an extremely limited situation.

#13 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

View Postdamonwolf, on 29 July 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

I find it interesting how they choose to implement bad decisions they KNOW will upset most of their player base.

They know no such thing; they think everyone will understand how wonderful, well thought out, and frankly amazingly well implemented these new changes are that will only make the game better.

Because nobody at PGI has the intestinal fortitude to stand up to Paul and tell him his ideas are bad and he should feel bad.

It's called groupthink and PGI has a major case of it.

#14 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

View Poststjobe, on 29 July 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

They know no such thing; they think everyone will understand how wonderful, well thought out, and frankly amazingly well implemented these new changes are that will only make the game better.

Because nobody at PGI has the intestinal fortitude to stand up to Paul and tell him his ideas are bad and he should feel bad.

It's called groupthink and PGI has a major case of it.

dunno about WHO in particular it is but yea, someone needs to go 3 stooges in the office on some of the things I've seen them do

#15 Draykin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostSandpit, on 29 July 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

dunno about WHO in particular it is but yea, someone needs to go 3 stooges in the office on some of the things I've seen them do

Or it could be that they are releasing something early to prepare for other changes later.

#16 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

View Postdamonwolf, on 29 July 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

I find it interesting how they choose to implement bad decisions they KNOW will upset most of their player base.

Change no matter what almost always upsets the playerbase because in general people don't like change. The only real bad decision here is the always 2 consumables as it has heavily increased Arty strike use. The others are basically making you choose what to bring, rather than always take what you view as best. Now the otherside of that, they do need to change the number of modules on some of the mechs and make the other bad module better.

#17 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

I spent a long time getting the gxp to get the radar module. At the end i spent the last few hundred mc i had and transferred it to gxp so i could get it on my last day off. Then they update the module system where i can only have one module on my dire.

Want a zoom module and a radar mod so lrms are a little better? nope can't have. Want to drop 2 strikes every game? Sure no problem

Im never using to use the shock module or the hill climb. I only got one flippen spot.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 29 July 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#18 damonwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

View PostNoth, on 29 July 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

Change no matter what almost always upsets the playerbase because in general people don't like change. The only real bad decision here is the always 2 consumables as it has heavily increased Arty strike use. The others are basically making you choose what to bring, rather than always take what you view as best. Now the otherside of that, they do need to change the number of modules on some of the mechs and make the other bad module better.

Most people don't like change, that is true. But, here are good changes that add to the gaming experience, and bad changes that add little, take away, and generally piss people off because there are more negatives that positives.
The module changes are more negative than positive...and were not asked for or even discussed with the community. People are losing a mech module that enhanced their play, and gaining a weapon module that doesn't (they are THAT bad), and 2 consumable modules that most people don't need, cost $$, and will use for strikes..that will totally make matches #$%@ to experience with the potential for 48 strikes. And then here is the wasted GXP and CBills used to buy modules that will no longer bed used, and the added cost to have to buy modules to replace them.

#19 FlyNointment

Rookie

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

See my post in support and feed back ..under mods messed up my mech... they are going to $$ themselves right out the door...

#20 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

View Postdamonwolf, on 29 July 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

Most people don't like change, that is true. But, here are good changes that add to the gaming experience, and bad changes that add little, take away, and generally piss people off because there are more negatives that positives.
The module changes are more negative than positive...and were not asked for or even discussed with the community. People are losing a mech module that enhanced their play, and gaining a weapon module that doesn't (they are THAT bad), and 2 consumable modules that most people don't need, cost $$, and will use for strikes..that will totally make matches #$%@ to experience with the potential for 48 strikes. And then here is the wasted GXP and CBills used to buy modules that will no longer bed used, and the added cost to have to buy modules to replace them.

I'm not disagreeing with the consumables issue, I think they need to fix that. I do disagree with what enhances gameplay. I don't find being able to use pretty much all useful modules on a mech as enhancing gameplay. There is no choice, no reason to think. Choice is an important part of making gaming interesting. DId they go about it the wrong way? Possibly. This is also only a first step in the system, not the final product of the change. I just fail to see most the complaints about losing module slot as little more than "they took away my toy, now I have to choose."

You can add in that always in a game that will be in development for its life (any online game pushing content will be), you should expect that things will change in both good and bad way, ways you like or ways you hate. You can also expect the developers to make changes to fit what they want their design to be and not to what the forums cry for. Yes they will change some things that players complain about (see mastery slot now being a mech slot instead of a weapon slot, the quirks for the awesome and CN9s).

They do need to balance the modules more though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users