111 replies to this topic

#1 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

Gotta love the way PGI's community manager and support team work.

A little while ago the Black Spikes Merc Corps brought up an issue with assigned unit tags. You can check the discussion over here ...

Long story short, Black Spikes Merc Corps and Black Sheep Merc Corps didn't get tags they wanted, Black Sheep got the unit tag Black Spikes wanted (BSMC) and were willing to surrender it if they got the tag they originally wanted (BSM) in return. Black Spikes registered the tag Black Sheep wanted to swap with them and then both teams agreed on swapping between themselves.

Both unit representatives and both unit leaders wrote multiple letters to community manager, mr. Nikolai Lubkiewicz, which he reads and ignores for 4+ days now, making no reply whatsoever. So, both unit leaders wrote tickets to support team, here is one as example ...

Aug 28 05:46
Greetings.
I'm writing you on behalf of the Black Spikes Merc Corps. This ticket is
regarding the dispute for the BSMC tag between Black Sheep Merc Corps and
Black Spikes Merc Corps. The Black Sheep Merc Corps registered the BSMC tag
in the unit pre-registry topic, however, originally they wanted the BSM tag.
Black Spikes wanted the BSMC tag but it was given to Black Sheep. However,
when we brought up the dispute on
forum(http://mwomercs.com/unit-tags/page__view__f
indpost__p__3671549) , Black Sheep unit leader, Splitpin, agreed to
surrender the BSMC tag provided they get BSM tag in
return(http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/169077-unique-findpost__p__3671781
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/169077-unique-unit-tags/t__p__3671978 ). For that purpose one of the members of our unit was asked
to register the BSM tag so that no other unit takes it. Both teams are now
willing to exchange tags. We have already made posts on forum and wrote
personal messages to the community manager (Lubkiewicz), however, there is
no reply from him for more than two days. Black Sheep unit leader also wrote
personal message to him and also had no response. We hope that this ticket
will help both teams resolve the issue and aquire tags they want.

Black Spikes Merc Corp unit leader, skatenok.

And here is what they got as a response ...

Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:43 PM
To: Staritsyn Ilya
Subject: [MechWarrior® Online™] Re: This ticket is regarding the dispute for the BSMC tag

# Please type your reply above this line #
Your request (#134362) has been updated. To respond, simply reply to this email as you would any other email. Any relevant files can be attached as a normal attachment.
Vox Potentiae
Aug 28 09:42
GOD MODE ACTIVATED
Vox Potentiae
GameMaster
MechWarrior® Online™

In case you didn't quite get it let me stress the informative part of the support team response ...

GOD MODE ACTIVATED

Yep, thats it. Really helpful isn't it? Here is the "informative part" of the response the Black Sheep unit leader got...

GOD MODE ENGAGED

And you wonder why so many people hate PGI? In a normal company if a person working in support would have made an answer like that he'd be fired the next day. Same goes for community manager, who obviousely just ignores his resposibilities. Is this the way things work now in PGI?

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 30 August 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

You do realize that PGI has been real busy during the last few days right? Add to the fact that it is already the weekends now...give them a break until Monday.

Edited by El Bandito, 30 August 2014 - 10:09 AM.

#3 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 August 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

You do realize that PGI has been real busy during the last few days right? Add to the fact that it is already the weekends now...give them a break until Monday.

You do realize that neither community manager nor support guys are responsible for anything connected to server migration, right?
You do realize that it takes exactly one minute to solve the problem, right?
You do realize that the bullsh!t support replies is exactly that, right?
You do realize that it takes exactly 30 seconds to make at least some sort of reply on forums or in a personal conversation, right?
You do realize that people responsible for this are getting their salary while doing nothing, right?

#4 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

Dang... Groups have been in for a week and we have drama already?

#5 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 30 August 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

And you wonder why so many people hate PGI? In a normal company if a person working in support would have made an answer like that he'd be fired the next day. Same goes for community manager, who obviousely just ignores his resposibilities. Is this the way things work now in PGI?

If I said the answer everyone is expecting me to repeat, well, I don't think it would get stuff resolved.

I want it done and over with ASAP, but see the thing is being a Community Manager is NEVER to shirk responsibility... rather to embrace it and "git' er done".

I'm only going to give it a weekend (they had the server move, so whatever I guess), but I'll be extra grumpy on patch day Wednesday if this doesn't get solved.

#6 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostLauLiao, on 30 August 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Dang... Groups have been in for a week and we have drama already?

Well, this was the most likely time for drama, really.

#7 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 30 August 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

Well, it's a change of pace from all of the "baby balance drama llama" that we're all used to... :)

Edited by Deathlike, 30 August 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#8 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 30 August 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

Touche

#9 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

The video might seem silly, but bear with it, it might clear some misunderstandings. it's made that way for a purpose if you delve into it's first episodes and by people very experienced in the field.

That being said, the company should look into a more formal way their staff should behave, "Politically Correct" as some call it. But instead, have taken a "Comm's Offline" approach, with a handful of CM's and STS's taking the entire brunt of representing the company.

#10 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 30 August 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

You do realize that neither community manager nor support guys are responsible for anything connected to server migration, right? You do realize that it takes exactly one minute to solve the problem, right? You do realize that the bullsh!t support replies is exactly that, right? You do realize that it takes exactly 30 seconds to make at least some sort of reply on forums or in a personal conversation, right? You do realize that people responsible for this are getting their salary while doing nothing, right?

You are trying to simplify an issue that might not be so simple in actuality. Wait until Monday when the dust settles.

Edited by El Bandito, 30 August 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#11 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 August 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

You are trying to simplify an issue that might not be so simple in actuality. Wait until Monday when the dust settles.

That is best option at this point. Does them no good with use speculating, and People making the situation worse.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 August 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#12 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 August 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

lol ... Wonder if you were in hospital with a broken leg, and you were told exactly this, how would you react? Truth is simple, people just don't/can't/whatever do their jobs. So, how about ... NO.

#13 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 30 August 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

Gotta love the way PGI's community manager and support team work.

A little while ago the Black Spikes Merc Corps brought up an issue with assigned unit tags. You can check the discussion over here ...

Long story short, Black Spikes Merc Corps and Black Sheep Merc Corps didn't get tags they wanted, Black Sheep got the unit tag Black Spikes wanted (BSMC) and were willing to surrender it if they got the tag they originally wanted (BSM) in return. Black Spikes registered the tag Black Sheep wanted to swap with them and then both teams agreed on swapping between themselves.

Both unit representatives and both unit leaders wrote multiple letters to community manager, mr. Nikolai Lubkiewicz, which he reads and ignores for 4+ days now, making no reply whatsoever. So, both unit leaders wrote tickets to support team, here is one as example ...

And here is what they got as a response ...

In case you didn't quite get it let me stress the informative part of the support team response ...

Yep, thats it. Really helpful isn't it? Here is the "informative part" of the response the Black Sheep unit leader got...

You're right. Someone should lose their job because they made a joke in an email. And the joke doesn't harm anyone.

I've seen that kind of thing from Blizzard Customer support.

Edited by Tezcatli, 30 August 2014 - 10:32 AM.

#14 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostTezcatli, on 30 August 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

You're right. Someone should lose their job because they made a joke in an email. And the joke doesn't harm anyone.

They are there to do their job and they get payed for doing their job, not for making jokes.

#15 Maerawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 114 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

i dont know if this is possible but for the time being why not just have the Guy who has the BSM tag, invite a guy from the group who has the BSMC tag and switch ownership of the unit, then the guy with the BSMC tag invites a guy who wants the BSM tag and switch ownership, then each invite their own unit guys to the said tag...

Maybe im just over simplifying it, but in game i dont know what BSMC means... nor do i know what BSM means... to me your all just big stompy robots i shoot at... so bringing the issue to the forum pubicly just makes you all look childish...

Edited by Maerawn, 30 August 2014 - 10:42 AM.

#16 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostMaerawn, on 30 August 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

to me your all just big stompy robots i shoot at... so bringing the issue to the forum pubicly just makes you all look childish...

Calling someone childish because you don't share the same concern for the issue as they do is pretty childish, just saying...

#17 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

Maybe im just over simplifying it, but in game i dont know what BSMC means... nor do i know what BSM means... to me your all just big stompy robots i shoot at... so bringing the issue to the forum pubicly just makes you all look childish...

Missing the point. We have resolved the issue ourselves. Then when asking for one simple thing from PGI team we got ignored by PGI community manager for 4+ days and plain trolled by PGI support team.

#18 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

i dont know if this is possible but for the time being why not just have the Guy who has the BSM tag, invite a guy from the group who has the BSMC tag and switch ownership of the unit, then the guy with the BSMC tag invites a guy who wants the BSM tag and switch ownership, then each invite their own unit guys to the said tag...

The issue would actually be funds (PGI called them "coffers") and that wouldn't be transferred properly under that suggestion.

As far as announcing this, there was no intent to air this publicly... as nobody on the Black Sheep side of this matter fed this out to a 3rd party (although, the GOD MODE message was actually a true statement used in the message/letter by the GM). It is what it is, but realize this should've been addressed much quicker than it is right now.

Edited by Deathlike, 30 August 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#19 Zul99

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostTezcatli, on 30 August 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

I've seen that kind of thing from Blizzard Customer support.

You're forgetting that the people from Blizzard support actually do their job as well. I don't think PGI had any customer support experience or community management before this game. I've seen indie games with better support than this company.

#20 Maerawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 114 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 30 August 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

The issue would actually be funds (PGI called them "coffers") and that wouldn't be transferred properly under that suggestion.

As far as announcing this, there was no intent to air this publicly... as nobody on the Black Sheep side of this matter fed this out to a 3rd party (although, the GOD MODE message was actually a true statement used in the message/letter by the GM). It is what it is, but realize this should've been addressed much quicker than it is right now.

Easy fix, the two units being respectable people and understanding CBILL have no value once so ever other then what you think they might, agree to each have XXX million Cbills in the coffer, that the persons getting the tag verify is correct prior to switching....

OH NO, LOGIC WINS!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users