Haters Gonna Hate

56 replies to this topic

#1 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

Jumping is a feature. and I suggest it gets fixed.

That is all

#2 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostSICk Nick, on 02 September 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

That is all

no idea what the issue is...

No suggestions in how to fix it...

No clue as to want to fix lol...

0/10

#3 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

well, JJ suck super bad since the nerf. The only people that like them as is are the ones that hated jump-snipers. My Highlanders, which are known for crushing mechs in DFA attacks in the lore can now barely clear a boulder. It's sad, frustrating, and not fun. This is a game, and hence, should be FUN.

" ...its most useful asset were the three Hildco jump jets giving it a jumping range of 90 meters." http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Highlander

My Heavy Metal has 5 JJ for 33 meters! lol
the others' distance is like 25 meters and with barely any lift.
SO. Thats' what I mean about fixing it. I want to jump up on obstacles and clear terrain. I want them to be useful.
Hell, I'd even like thrust-vectoring, that would be cool. Which would be closer to...yes..TT...

Anyway. Thats what I meant.

Edited by SICk Nick, 02 September 2014 - 03:57 PM.

#4 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

Boosted forward thrust would be nice.

#5 Tiberius Augustus

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 02 September 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

Boosted forward thrust would be nice.

why do we want to be armored cores?

:ph34r: armored cores stomps mwo mechs :ph34r:

#6 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

I'm with you. I loved jump jets and I hate everything right now.

But we already fought that battle and it was and lost. Over a year ago. Or was it two years ago? **** I can't remember anymore...

I used to jump around like a man insane in my ballistic Raven. Then they nerfed and renerfed and I moved to the spiders and the jenners because they will had some jump, then they changed the way JJs worked, and then they "fixed" them. Now jumping is like Walking+. It's for "increased mobility' only. Meaning you can jump over waist high obstacles, or maybe jump during a brawl and flash your dangly bits in your enemy's face while they fire SRM missiles directly into your crotch. You know, a defensive maneuver. No more jumping over your enemies head and landing behind, no more skilful games of mouse & cat.

these are not complaints, for I know complaints fall on deaf ears and only meet with derision. These are merely observations. The nerfs will continue until morale improves.

Edited by ArchMage Sparrowhawk, 02 September 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#7 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:03 PM

I agree but...sigh.

2LDR; JJ + Tons(ThereIsAPunInThere) of things need fixing.

Let's sit down for a second and think about it.

The amount of things that need fixing/balancing/unbugging/etz. is, without a doubt staggering. With next to no communication with PGI on what it's currently working on aside from "New map" and "Community Warfare" the latter of which was announced years, years ago and is still not even fully functional is, heart breaking.

What's PGI holding back on, with holding back information? Or what their resources are currently focused on? Or what the Q list of "to do" is like?

As the game is now, no one new to battletech is going to stick around long enough to spend money on this game the way it is now. Trust me, I've gotten quite a few interested and forced some to play, none of which lasted more than 3 weeks. They could not decide which mech to get, the grind is and was beyond horrible, and as a beginner the "cadet bonus" will earn you 1 Mech, which you will need 3 of with a grind worst than it was before.

This community which PGI has cut off all contact with is all it's going to get to work with, until, and that is if, it gets better...Not just for current players, but for future ones as well.

PGI, stop trying to mimic TT hard points if you are not going to follow the TT logic. Seriously, at this point you should just take your own approach as did all the other simulators had to do, for the same reasons of balancing the game for multiplayer, instead of a half heartened approach of trying to stick to the TT rules.

#8 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:38 PM

I really wish CW was developed first, then clans. All the bugs/balancing worked out...ect..

#9 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

View PostTiberius Augustus, on 02 September 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

Well, I don't know much about Armored Core yet to comment further; but a single BattleTech Jump Jet has the capacity to lift the mech 6 meters for one vertical Level or 30 meters to an adjacent hex in the original.

So using that starting point with the fact that most mechs have the art with the thrusters on an angle, more forward thrust should fit in for MWO.

So a mech with 5 JJs could get up to 30 vertical meters or go 150 horizontal meters (the question I have is how fast would the mech be going, traversing that distance). Diagonally, we'd see a reduction based on how high or how far a mech is traveling.

But being a real-time game, another variable that needs more refinement, than what we currently see, is having acceleration play a much greater role for distance traversable. Carry one JJ and you accelerate slower than going with 5 JJs.

JJ count impacts burn time more, and really should modify acceleration also.
And, off the top of my head, as soon as you tap the Space Bar we get instant lift, which is something else that needs tweaking.

Edited by Praetor Knight, 02 September 2014 - 08:34 PM.

#10 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

I fail to see a real suggestion in the OP and therefore move it to GD

#11 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:29 PM

Better JJs might look something along these lines:

They make you feel awesome, and also make poptarting harder due to a much longer exposure time and being much harder to control (can easily "overshoot" your jump).

#12 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

Im not sure what people are complaining about but JJ are working fine for me and my mechs, oh but I don't poptart.

#13 FDJustin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:34 PM

View PostTiberius Augustus, on 02 September 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

Which gen? Take out the superboosts, and you actually have JJ's that feel awefully close to AC5.
... Actually, AC 5 has a lot of stuff going for it people in this game might enjoy. There was a lot more focus on teams and holding strategic locations and stuff.
Not my favorite title though, the damage mechanics don't do it for me. It's annoying to do piddly damage unless you use the big guns that can break the armor thresh-hold. Interesting idea, but.
Anyway...

Poptarting wouldn't be much of an issue if the physics weren't made with super gravity to alleviate that floaty feeling we get when things fall at a proper rate.

#14 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:57 PM

I wish JJs were more... jumpy. I don't know why they didn't just make it impossible to accurately aim at a distance when jumping, both ascending and descending.

#15 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:18 PM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 02 September 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

I wish JJs were more... jumpy. I don't know why they didn't just make it impossible to accurately aim at a distance when jumping, both ascending and descending.

Because the community* declared itself to be motion sick, when they did try that.

*I believe that the motion sickness was true for some, but not for all who jumped on that bandwaggon.

Edited by Egomane, 02 September 2014 - 11:19 PM.

#16 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:22 PM

View PostEgomane, on 02 September 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

Because the community* declared itself to be motion sick, when they did try that.

*I believe that the motion sickness was true for some, but not for all who jumped on that bandwaggon.

... so all this time, I was blaming PGI, but in reality it was a good part of this community that declared it didn't want something like that?

Why am I not surprised...

#17 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:09 AM

I do not know if it was a "good part", but it was a "noisy part". I feel for those who really had a problem with this. I do not believe that it is half the player base, like it appeared to be.

We had reticle shake all the while the mech was in the air and a few people started complaining that they get motion sick from it, while moving with jumpjets. It is my believe (and I can not prove it in any way), that this caused the ones, who didn't want their toys to be taken away, to use it as a valid complaint to get PGI to make a compromise (though I guess they wanted it removed completly). The forum literally exploded with users who were unable to play the game, because they became motion sick.

#18 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:37 AM

Egomane is right, actually. The amount of complaints related to screenshake was absurd.

But we have to differentiate between reticule shake and screenshake. People didn't get sick from reticule shake, they just argued that it shouldn't happen too much (because "big strong robots don't shake when they jump"). They did claim to get sick from the screenshake, which, to be fair, was like getting pounded by 10 AC2-boating Jagermechs and 10 LRM-boating Stalkers at the same time.

It didn't give me motion sickness, it just made jump jetting very hard even for maneuvering, because you basically couldn't see where you were going. It was quite hard to estimate whether or not you would make a jump, or doing tricky jumps like landing on the top of a building.

What we have now is actually close to what we need, although it's a shame that light mechs are punished on equal terms as assault mechs, because neither Jenner with lasers nor Spiders with PPCs were ever the most effective poptarts.

#19 nonnex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:34 AM

Some tips on this:

Watch your consumption of foods, drinks, and alcohol before and during playing MWO.
Avoid excessive alcohol and foods or liquids that "do not agree with you" or make you feel unusually full. Heavy, spicy, or fat-rich foods may worsen motion sickness in some people.
Avoiding strong food odors may also help prevent nausea.
Try to choose a seat where you will experience the least motion. On a Mech, those in lower level Parts near the center of a Mech generally experience less motion than Pilots in higher or outer cockpitss.
Do not sit facing backwards from your direction of travel.
Sit in the front seat of a Mech.
Do not read while piloting if you are prone to motion sickness.
When piloting a Mech, it can sometimes help to keep your gaze fixed on the horizon or on a fixed point.
Open a vent or source of fresh air if possible.
Isolate yourself from others who may be suffering from motion sickness. Hearing others talk about motion sickness or seeing others becoming ill can sometimes make you feel ill yourself.
Ask a doctor if you repeatedly develop severe motion sickness.

These tips are for free but you can donate tenbux if you feel better after using them.

Edited by nonnex, 03 September 2014 - 01:53 AM.

#20 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:07 AM

View PostSICk Nick, on 02 September 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

That is all

My Victor Jumped pretty well yesterday. Being honest I haven't jumped much at all in CBT and only slightly more in MW games. But my Victor did everything I expected it to. :huh:

View PostEgomane, on 02 September 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

It was a good excuse to use. And Odd that no DEVs experienced this motion sickness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users