300 replies to this topic

#1 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:15 PM

So, I have openly and covertly been accused of being a White Knight for PGI. I agree with this accusation and never lost the faith. Now that the dead carcass of IGP has been thrown aside, I and many other White Nights have been vindicated! So far it has been proven that it was IGP holding MWO back. The floodgates have been opened!

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!

Thank you PGI!

#2 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

There have been some good developments recently, which is awesome, but the real test is to see if they stay the course (fingers crossed).

#3 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostCarrie Harder, on 15 September 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

There have been some good developments recently, which is awesome, but the real test is to see if they stay the course (fingers crossed).

Keep the faith, stay the course. I haven't lost yet (though setback do occasionally occur.... :ph34r:).

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

View Postcdlord, on 15 September 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

Keep the faith, stay the course. I haven't lost yet (though setback do occasionally occur.... :ph34r:).

I am polishing my shield, and seeing if King Arthur has indeed returned from Avalon to restore Camelot.

If the next few months, the rumors prove true, I will indeed take up the cause again.

In fact, I intend to change the colors on my new CN-9AH to white or White and Maize in anticipation of this Crusade!

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 15 September 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#5 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 September 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

I am polishing my shield, and seeing if King Arthur has indeed returned from Avalon to restore Camelot.

If the next few months, the rumors prove true, I will indeed take up the cause again.

In fact, I intend to change the colors on my new CN-9AH to white or White and Maize in anticipation of this Crusade!

We really need a metallic finish camo now. How else can my CN9-AH flaunt a glittering silver shield?

#6 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostCarrie Harder, on 15 September 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

yea, they haven't strayed from the course since December. Its has been a good year hasn't it. my word, my armor needs some polishing. -_-

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 15 September 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#7 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

Yeah nothing like Transverse being completely demolished and on a course for failure thanks to their misdeeds followed by Niko summoning countless angry founders with the reddit gaffe to remind PGI how much damage they have done to their own brand through past misdeeds.

Now they know they won't be getting any space money so suddenly its time to treat robot players like they matter again.

Oh? What's that? Its just in time to sell another grab deal?

Hmmm where have we seen this script before.

-CW in 90 days. Check. Notice we have seen no screenshots of these supposedly engineered aspects yet.
-Grab deal on the horizons.
-Promises in the air.
-Sudden open lines of communication and attempts at reconciliation.

Look, its possible that finally PGI realizes what a good thing they have with this IP and this community who has stuck with them DESPITE all their bs. Maybe they will finally start treating MWO and its players a lot better now. Anything is possible. But that they are buttering you saps up before another grab deal should not be surprising. The 1 year stuff is generous and the posts have been nice but we still aren't seeing real verifiable work being done on CW and there's no sign that map production has become faster so I find it strange that you lot are chortling as if some major new era has begun. I truly hope so but this victory lap thread is premature to say the least.

All we have so far are napkin plans and vague outlines and the promise that they have actually been working CW for real this time.

I'm sure some of you think I should thank you for funding the game but I also believe that people falling for this exact song and dance over and over is why PGI has never actually tried to do better as caretakers of the BT brand. Until the chickens came home to roost and their new game's crowd funding was stillborn they could continue to lie and cheat their way around doing hard work in favor of just producing mechs and selling MC while ignoring anything else that required more than spreadsheet variable tweaks.

Edited by Hoax415, 15 September 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#8 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

PGI is killin it!

#9 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

The TRUE TEST is if they Can Deliver CONTENT that REAL MONEY is not Charged for ;)

#10 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

I already have a few choice mechs in my all-Titanium White ComGuard colors.

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 15 September 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

We really need a metallic finish camo now. How else can my CN9-AH flaunt a glittering silver shield?

I'd love some kind of metallic overlay effect, or better yet, metallic paints that include a shiny effect.

View Postcdlord, on 15 September 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

So, I have openly and covertly been accused of being a White Knight for PGI. I agree with this accusation and never lost the faith. Now that the dead carcass of IGP has been thrown aside, I and many other White Nights have been vindicated! So far it has been proven that it was IGP holding MWO back. The floodgates have been opened!

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!

Thank you PGI!

I'm not sure I've ever been specifically called out as a White Knight, but I've certainly been there with you, still dropping, still posting constructively, still trying to counter some of the rank negativity that has suffused these forums from time to time.

PGI's new leaf in the last week or two has been really impressive, and today's announcements have been like mana from heaven, or water falling on a parched and dying land. Here's hoping they can sustain it.

#11 headbasher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

They haven't turned me around yet .

BUT

TAKES DEEP BREATH

"they are doing ok"

#12 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

I don't think I've ever been called a White Knight...but I've always considered myself a Green Knight...supporting PGI with my wallet, but critical of some of their design decisions...but also quick to defend them because I think they catch way too much flack.

Edited by Bhael Fire, 15 September 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#13 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

It's too early to announce that they're on course. Getting rewards for being a founder and purchasing MC since is getting me some free stuff, but CW needs to be released in a non-glorified-leaderboard style before I'm willing to declare that they've regained my trust.

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 15 September 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

It's too early to announce that they're on course. Getting rewards for being a founder and purchasing MC since is getting me some free stuff, but CW needs to be released in a non-glorified-leaderboard style before I'm willing to declare that they've regained my trust.

Never recall seeing you at the Meetings of the Round Table anyhow. ;)

#15 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

#16 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

I am polishing my shield

When you're done, I have a helmet you can work on next. ;)

#17 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

View Postcdlord, on 15 September 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!

Thank you PGI!

The greys would like to have a word with you ... in private.

Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 15 September 2014 - 04:43 PM.

#18 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:44 PM

Certainly, all of this recent upsurge in goodwill thanks to Piranha dumping free stuff on us like it's ice in our ALS buckets will vanish in a flash if they end up forced to delay CW again, or start missing every deadline they kick out there the way they did back in The Dark Ages.

That said...I'm going to be cutting them a break until and unless they prove they're big screw-ups again. Russ FINALLY seems to be taking IW half-seriously, community involvement has never been higher, and oh hey I'm getting an entire friggin' lance of free stuff plus spacebux and cockpit swag. I'll admit it, I'm a cheap date, and if PGI wants to buy me lovely trinkets prior to taking me home and ravishing me in the spare bedroom, who'm I to turn them down?

#19 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

Keep up the good work...

Have fun :)

#20 FactorlanP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

The Jury is still out for many of us...

I am hopeful, but not yet willing to resume spending money on MWO... Heck, I don't even see a good reason start playing again... Yet...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users