Bring Back The Phoenix Pack So Is Purists Don't Have To Buy Clan Packs To Get A King Crab

356 replies to this topic

#21 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 16 September 2014 - 05:39 AM, said:

OK - the problem is - if you really want the King Crab -you have to pay $240.
SRY mistake
You can buy the ManOWar for $120

The Overlord package would cost only $80 -110?

So we need additional $130 Worth of IS mechs (maybe alll 4 Mastery Packs?)

OK - i second the propsal - Overlord + Sabre + Faith Penalty for $120. :D

Or wait until the wave 2 is available, Man O' War package should could as a top tier purchase and it will be $120.

nvm, ninja edited :ph34r:

Edited by Rouken, 16 September 2014 - 05:45 AM.

#22 Verdic Mckenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 454 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEastern PA - USA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:46 AM

I'd actually pay for the Pheonix pack now. I was on haitus - but my accounts been here almost 3 years now. I'd be down with being given a second chance as long as your account was established prior to the sale date.

#23 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostEmpyrus, on 16 September 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

The King Crab is among the mechs SLDF took with them when they left the Inner Sphere. Clan Brian Caches are full of old IS/Star League mechs...

Bu i may probably not be able to use the Crab in the clanwars as a clanner. Or maybe the Crab will be an exception. That would be awesome, even if it would have to use old tech normal IS version lasers and AC's. I would put it in my dropship because its lookign better than a Direwolf.

atm, i would fill my dropship with a

Adder
Nova
Vulture/Loki (not sure both llok great)
Crab. (Otherwise DW but it so ugl :/ )

#24 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:49 AM

i would buy a pack.

#25 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:50 AM

Maybe a "Clan Response Pack" might be a better solution.

#26 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:52 AM

I hear ya, I missed getting the Founders pack, really wanted those unique geometry variants, besides also getting a Founders tag! oh well, sh** happens, PGI pretty much has kept their word on once a pack is gone, that's it not available no more!, I really wanted that Founders Atlas :)

#27 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

how about if you've spend XXX dollars of real money on the game, you get one? :)

#28 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:57 AM

Well at least the KGC will be there for C-Bills or later for MCs - do you really want to pay now - for mechs you can already buy for C-Bills?

#29 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

We may not, but some might. and if there are players who were not members in time, it would be a nice gesture on PGIs part to offer the packages again. It wouldn't cost them anything as far as I can tell.

#30 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:16 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 16 September 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

We may not, but some might. and if there are players who were not members in time, it would be a nice gesture on PGIs part to offer the packages again. It wouldn't cost them anything as far as I can tell.

Credibility. That's what it would cost. They said very clearly that once gone, those packages were gone forever. Right now, they're obviously working hard to rebuild credibility. This would be a terrible move on that front.

#31 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

No a bad idea for a one week only thing, but at the same time, it was a limited time offer that many spent money on because of the exclusiveness and deadline. Ultimately, you'll get your King Crab for CBills rather than MC.

View PostEmpyrus, on 16 September 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

The King Crab is among the mechs SLDF took with them when they left the Inner Sphere. Clan Brian Caches are full of old IS/Star League mechs...

So you're saying the clans have hidden parts of Brian Eckman across clan space?

;)

Edited by Bront, 16 September 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#32 Phex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 16 September 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

Credibility. That's what it would cost. They said very clearly that once gone, those packages were gone forever. Right now, they're obviously working hard to rebuild credibility. This would be a terrible move on that front.

Then make a " Conter-Clan" Pack.
New Mechs for IS, or at least new variants.
Its all about naming the child.

Greetings Phex

Edited by Phex, 16 September 2014 - 06:27 AM.

#33 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:29 AM

It would be wise of PGI to allow the purchases of all past packages even a variant model of the founders mechs.

#34 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostVandul, on 16 September 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

Maybe a "Clan Response Pack" might be a better solution.

Sounds like the perfect time for Operation Clanbuster!

The Hussar. The Wyvern. The Champion. And, of course, the King Crab. One of each weight class, matching the Clan Wave 2. If you already own the Overlord Phoenix pack and buy the King Crab pack, you get the Black Knight thrown in too, just like the Mad Dog for the Clanners. Of course, if you buy the highest rank of the (hypothetical) Clanbuster pack, you've already got the King Crab, so instead you get a free Gargoyle.

#35 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 16 September 2014 - 05:57 AM, said:

Well at least the KGC will be there for C-Bills or later for MCs - do you really want to pay now - for mechs you can already buy for C-Bills?

We've learned the hard way that if you don't, mechs like the Timbergod will dominate for months.

View PostSparks Murphey, on 16 September 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

Sounds like the perfect time for Operation Clanbuster!

The Hussar. The Wyvern. The Champion. And, of course, the King Crab. One of each weight class, matching the Clan Wave 2. If you already own the Overlord Phoenix pack and buy the King Crab pack, you get the Black Knight thrown in too, just like the Mad Dog for the Clanners. Of course, if you buy the highest rank of the (hypothetical) Clanbuster pack, you've already got the King Crab, so instead you get a free Gargoyle.

This sounds awesome!

#36 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:50 AM

Heck, I'd upgrade my founders to legendary if I could. Mostly because I'm a sucker for those C-Bill bonuses on 'mechs.

Sure, I'd buy all the pheonix packs in a heartbeat.

#37 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:15 AM

View PostPhex, on 16 September 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

Then make a " Conter-Clan" Pack.
New Mechs for IS, or at least new variants.
Its all about naming the child.

Greetings Phex

Exactly no issue with that, but it's a very different thing.

#38 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

View Postlockwoodx, on 16 September 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:

Dear PGI, like many of your dedicated followers we've elected to create second accounts for the purpose of the upcoming clan wars. While the announcement of getting a free King Crab mech is very generous of you, unless we bought a top tier of the Founders/Phoenix pack eons ago, the only option IS purists have is to purchase clan mechs in order to get the King Crab onto our IS accounts.

That sucks.

On the other hand, the Phoenix variants of the Phoenix package were pretty spiffy, and I'd be willing to throw down on an Overlord package if it was made available again for the purpose of making sure only IS mechs along with the Crab reside in their proper place. I'd even be willing to forgo the Overlord forum badge and pre-order camo/paint so the early Phoenix adopters still feel like they got something special.

Please consider it,
Thank you

I'd like to mention, we who ordered the max on a bundle will get the King Crab (and a mech bay) for free upon it's MC release (December 16th). If you want the King Crab, you should be able to just purchase one for MC, which would be cheaper for you in the long run for the single mech than it would be purchasing the Overlord. It will then be out for C-bills come Janruary 20th.

Besides a spiffy paint job, the free mechbay and the 30% c-bill boost (and different body shape) on the King Crab we will be getting, it wont be anything different than what people could get for free from my understanding.

I'd like to end with, I'm not against the concept of having an IS pack available next to the clan pack, but I'm just pointing out that one doesn't need to purchase an expensive pack to get a King Crab. You could buy it cheaper if you only wanted the King Crab come December 16th for it's MC cost, especially if you pruchase it's mechbay (if you need one) during the anniversary's 50% off mechbay deal... (Which, if you haven't purchased any MC yet, would then also net you the Centurion AH, with different paint job, 30% c-bill boost and mechbay.)

#39 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

Idea is good as long as the pre-order bonuses are not included... you know... because alot of us did pre-order.

That given... I think this would be a good move as well.

#40 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users