Weapon Invasion, New Intershere Weapon Options!

72 replies to this topic

Poll: Weapon Invasion, New InterShere Weapon Options! (193 member(s) have cast votes)

which if any, would you endorse?

1. Blazer(E) (95 votes [19.83%])

Percentage of vote: 19.83%

2. Rifles(B) (94 votes [19.62%])

Percentage of vote: 19.62%

3. Mech Mortars(BM) (110 votes [22.96%])

Percentage of vote: 22.96%

4. Rocket Launchers(BM) (106 votes [22.13%])

Percentage of vote: 22.13%

5. Arrow IV Artillery(M) (70 votes [14.61%])

Percentage of vote: 14.61%

6. None, (4 votes [0.84%])

Percentage of vote: 0.84%

On account of RocketLauncher & MechMortar?

1. implimented just as Missiles, (39 votes [25.66%])

Percentage of vote: 25.66%

2. As Missiles and Ballistics, (75 votes [49.34%])

Percentage of vote: 49.34%

3. Dont Mind Ether, (38 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:44 PM

How about a bus ticket launcher, with pre-wetting system and slap detection targeting in keeping with IS capability vs Clan tech?

#42 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

majority of the weapons requested are simply worse versions of the same thing we have now
they likely weigh more and do less damage (dont know but given how BT balances things its a pretty good bet)

straight up no vote for most of them from me

i want to see weapons that add quality options to the game for IS
LBX20 and 5
plasma rifles
inferno SRM
cluster LRM
arrow IV
long tom artillery
SSRM4 and 6
RAC
heavy gauss
light gauss

#43 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostNaduk, on 06 March 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

majority of the weapons requested are simply worse versions of the same thing we have now
they likely weigh more and do less damage (dont know but given how BT balances things its a pretty good bet)

straight up no vote for most of them from me

i want to see weapons that add quality options to the game for IS
LBX20 and 5
plasma rifles
inferno SRM
cluster LRM
arrow IV
long tom artillery
SSRM4 and 6
RAC
heavy gauss
light gauss

yah but all thoughts are years off it the time line where as the weapons he brought up are stuff that exists now in 3050

#44 Uthael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:10 PM

OK, I've just posted a suggestion for LAMS and noticed this topic just after. Anyway, here's a quote from
http://mwomercs.com/...missile-system/

View PostUthael, on 07 March 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

I'm suggesting an addition of a piece of equipment familiar to the IS since long ago, adopted by Clans in 3049.

Uses Small Pulse Laser to more effectively shoot the incoming missiles. Also uses no ammo. The drawback is that it builds up heat during combat.

Would this be a good addition to MWO? Leave a like if yes. If not, comment why not and leave a like at the comment you agree with.

#45 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

Love the list. But on this...

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 22 September 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

Rifle(L-M-H)(Ballistics)
The precursor to modern Autocannons, Rifles were based on weapons used by older tanks,
phased out of service because it lacked stopping power against heavier battlefield units,
The Light Rifle used heavier rounds and larger propellant loads to fire its shells,
-
acting similar to slow firing Autocannons and as direct fire weapon systems,
much slower firing, but with much faster rounds make rifles good sniping weapons,
(if added, its likely they would act as slow firing Primitive Gauss Like Alternatives)
-
LR- 3Damage,....3Ton,...1CritSpace, 1heat,....0min-range 360norm-range 720max-range,
MR- 6Damage,...5Ton,....2CritSpace, 2heat,....0min-range 450norm-range 1350max-range,
HR- 9Damage,....8Ton,...3CritSpace, 4heat,....0min-range 540norm-range 1080max-range,
(Rifles are ballistics, they fit between Machine-guns and ACs, but have Very long reload times)
(also the one of the few weapons here Available to both InterSphere and Clan)

We already have Rifles. PGI has misnamed them and given us erroneous appearances, weights and damages.
MWO calls them Autocannons, but we have them.

In comparison, we need 'autocannons'.

Short-hand
Rifle

Autocannon (of the smallest caliber)

Autocannon (127mm; highest average BT caliber is 120mm, though they currently go up to 203mm).

Long-hand. Enjoy. Note this is 1987, written by FASA and Battletech's first novel writer, with many of the contributors from the original Battletech's construction from rules to so on. Click to zoom.
Posted Image
It goes on to read that a typical AC/20 fires about 4 shells per second, and in 10 seconds that (4*10 =) 40 shells = 20 damage.

Edited by Koniving, 07 March 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#46 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostKoniving, on 07 March 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

Love the list. But on this...

We already have Rifles. PGI has misnamed them and given us erroneous appearances, weights and damages.
MWO calls them Autocannons, but we have them.

In comparison, we need 'autocannons'.

Short-hand
Rifle

Autocannon (of the smallest caliber)

Autocannon (127mm; highest average BT caliber is 120mm, though they currently go up to 203mm).

Long-hand. Enjoy. Note this is 1987, written by FASA and Battletech's first novel writer, with many of the contributors from the original Battletech's construction from rules to so on. Click to zoom.
Posted Image
It goes on to read that a typical AC/20 fires about 4 shells per second, and in 10 seconds that (4*10 =) 40 shells = 20 damage.

except that we know firing a weapon in bt takes less then the full turn and that we know how meany shells some auto cannons fire in there burst like the ac20 on the hunchback fires 5 shells in its burst and if you remember the 2.5 second turns rules used for dueling and Solaris 7 matches all weapons still deal full damage meaning no weapon in bt takes more then 2.5 seconds to deal its damage

and 2 you are missing the point of adding rifles to the game is the gap filler between the mg and the ac2 .5 and 6 tons respectively and the rifles will not push out there nearest ac counter part do to ammo some thing we dont talk about in mwo is minimum usable tonnage devotion and what it is practical tonnage devotion for example an ac5s minimum tonnage devotion is 9 tons but its minimum practical tonnage is 12 here in mwo where as the m rifle minimum tonnage would be 6 and its minimum practical tonnage would be more like 15ish assuming they left the number of rounds per-ton alone

note this assume that you plan to use the rifle the whole match and not as a short term weapon like the 1 shot srm 2 a lot of bt battle armor carry

Edited by kosmos1214, 09 March 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#47 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

I know its 3050 and alot is a bit far ahead.

I remember the X pulse lasers that the IS made to compete with Clan tech, the mini gauss, x clan light clan machine guns, bombast lasers (building killers), plasma cannon (bigger more devestating flamer). Heavy lasers (small, medium, large). MRM's, Thunderbolt missiles, Long tom, rotary autocannons (these jam). Mini gauss designed for lights. Also the continious laser beam weapon, semi conducted clan ppc's? Crazy!

The list goes on... but stick with the lore and tech timeline, PGI.

Edited by Tordin, 09 March 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#48 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

yah thats the advantage of this list all these weapons are in line time wise

#49 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

I think its about time we got some More weapons,
mostly those to Aid in Ballistic Lights and Mediums,

#50 The Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

You forgot what the inner sphere needs most MEDIUM RANGE MISSILES

#51 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

View PostThe Black Knight, on 26 March 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

You forgot what the inner sphere needs most MEDIUM RANGE MISSILES

thoughs are 8 in game years off the year is 3050 now MRMs come out in 3058

#52 Uthael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

You can't expect the timeline to advance when we even lack some technology from the (relatively recent) past.

#53 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:31 PM

I was just talking to my team the other night about how much I wish I had Mortars on my Mech, Would make some of these CW maps a lot easier to flush out defenders and attackers. I would LOVE to see all these put in.

#54 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

I honestly think Mortars would be a huge item to put in the game.

#55 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:08 AM

Thumper and the Heliopolis mech? While I like Arrow IV, its a non starter unless in a group match with someone actually actively working tag and another actually willingly expending on the weight and crit requirements in bringing in the Arrow IV system which is useless without the tag. (unless in artillery mode) and we know MWO cannot do ammo switches. that means that majority will go for artillery mode rather than guided missile mode.

#56 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:41 PM

I wish LRM can use only LOS mechanics without indirect fire. It would activate passive (ballast) gamers.

#57 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

We just had the battle of Turkyad, that's 3052. On topic, I hope pgi adds these in timeline weapons. They can fix them if needed to be more than just niche. The Binary laser would be good for mechs with a single E slot.

#58 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:09 AM

How about Thunder LRMs? Mines would be a great layer to tactics.

#59 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:34 PM

@TA
Ah yes Thunder LRMs are sweet to have, though the way many people ***** about normal LRM players, we would see a massive b**** fit over them.

though we would have to be able to switch between normal & thunder rounds.

Infernos would add a bit of fun if you can hit energy heavy enemy units. but how would they be implemented though? how much heat would they do?
will they follow the dumb tw rules where it last a moment or the better BT:MR where it last for a while dealing heat for x-amount of time per missile hit?

I would vote for the Better one from the Master Rules over tw.

#60 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:01 PM

You should message a dev. Or bother them on Twitter. Either of those tend to help get attention.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users