144 replies to this topic

#41 Bhodi Li773

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts
  • Locationwww.PhoenixDominion.com

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

they r encouraging 4 man groups to get community ready for CW.You drop a mixed lance, better rewards, you que up way faster .As for the 1 point per kill,its about u working with your lancemates instead of trying to run in front of a lancemate to get the kill for points.Again CW preparation for all,even LNW who have no group/clan yet.

#42 Martallica

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

Love'n the 4 man drops but the rewards this time around :huh: .........C'mon guys.

#43 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

Too bad I don't voice chat, or else I would join a group. Nobody likes mutes, though. Still though, a solo player that generally avoids groups willing to group up is a sign that the challenge is serving some of its purpose.

#44 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

That 1.5x bonus will make this go fast

#45 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 26 September 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

No, that bonus applies in any Public group or solo match. :)

Thank you Niko!

#46 Form

Rookie

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostOnyxian, on 26 September 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

Kinda ridiculous IMO to run a group requirement and have NO in-game way for primarily solo players to easily find and get groups.

Couldn't have said it better.

#47 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

Time to bust out my ECM Spider :D I was plowing through the last Lance Challenge using that little pest :P Nice they added the weight class multiplier too!

Any Lone Wolves still looking to join a unit? Now would be an opportune time to do so. ;)

Edited by Grendel408, 26 September 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#48 Fractis Zero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, Canada

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

Do UAV spots count?

#49 Hidirian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 26 September 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

Well, this is only the second Lance Challenge PGI has hosted, and they are only offering it after many of the group gamers begged for some representation in the Challenges. Everything prior to this has been solo challenges, so this hardly constitutes a "trend."

As for not wanting to make a fourth friend to form a 4-Man, that sounds like a personal problem to me. TeamSpeak 3 is a pretty cool tool that you could use to meet with a bunch of other MWO pilots. You could join a Unit or just PM random people on the forums. Sitting on your hands and griping that PGI isn't including you in the free stuff is rather lame.

Case in point, I'm a solo pugger right now. However, you can rest assured that I will obtain some of the awards because I will make an effort to get them. PGI is already giving away freebies; I don't expect PGI to giftwrap and hand deliver them too.

Sorry, but this is bunk, for a game to not have an ingame chat system for people to find other players and socialize like the 99% of all other games out there since 1997. You shouldn't be forced to use 3rd party programs for basic gameplay in this day and age especially to group for event where you HAVE to group. Btw grouping with people you don't even know does not make a good team anyway, that's no different than a pug as you don't know them or had a chance to get to know them.

Edited by Hidirian, 26 September 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#50 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostFractis Zero, on 26 September 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Do UAV spots count?

#51 Jespiry

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

seriously.... lrm challenge lol
hate this....

#52 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 26 September 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

I'm curious, why are kills worth less than assists? I think it'd be the other way around.

To try to limit those annoying people who hang back and only try to get the kill shot on damaged Mechs.

#53 Bad Andy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

Gxp? I just converted 100k last weekend

#54 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

4 heros I also don't have, but that's okay.

May I just say I think the rewards are a bit meh.

Couldn't it be like a colour or maybe ... I don't know. An ingame item or the 6.5mil again.

Sorry, just a gripe but it seems the rewards are diminishing over time, which is okay, but gxp after the x2 weekend... just seems like an after thought. Oh well.

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 26 September 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

4 mans.. Yawn! How about 2-12 mans? oh wait, MWO is live, but its still in beta testing.... I get it.

What are you even talking about?

You're not even being witty.

#55 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostIronClaws, on 26 September 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

If you have that much trouble finding three other people to group with, then you may want to consider switching or joining a unit, or switching factions.

It's not that finding three other people is hard, it's that you often end up with a group of 3, or 5, or 6, and invariably somebody who wants to play gets left out. =P

#56 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostHidirian, on 26 September 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

Sorry, but this is bunk, for a game to not have an ingame chat system for people to find other players and socialize like the 99% of all other games out there since 1997. You shouldn't be forced to use 3rd party programs for basic gameplay in this day and age especially to group for event where you HAVE to group. Btw grouping with people you don't even know does not make a good team anyway, that's no different than a pug as you don't know them or had a chance to get to know them.

I never said that the lack of voice-comms was a good thing, and I never implied that group pugging with strangers was preferable to dropping with friends. My point, was that the pilot I quoted could go out there and win some free stuff by putting forth a bit of effort, rather than sitting around and bemoaning the fact that the challenge wasn't tailored exactly to his tastes.

For the record, I fully support in-game voice-comms and dropping with friends over Pugs. However, you only make new friends by first meeting strangers. If someone is reluctant to drop with strangers, then he'll never grow his friends list and acquire more people for drop partnering. Optimally, someone wanting more drop partners would join a Unit. I know several good ones that I could recommend, if anyone is interested.

I'm afraid that your post is bunk since you failed to apply any critical thinking to what I said, and instead formed hasty assumptions. Nice attitude you got there. ;)

View PostAppogee, on 26 September 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

To try to limit those annoying people who hang back and only try to get the kill shot on damaged Mechs.

Yeah, I figure it was something like that. The downside is that it makes folks hold off shooting to try and let someone else get the kill and lose a point. I've had a couple matches where an enemy Mech was on the verge of dying with three of us on it, and then everyone stopped shooting except me. The enemy Mech then got an extra salvo before I finished it, causing more damage to my Mech in the process. It's pretty annoying; I think I'd rather have cherry pickers to contend with rather than folks who try to hold back at the last second.

Still, I think the Challenge is pretty cool all around. :)

#57 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

I still wish this were a "Lance" challenge, allowing any group from 2-4 players. 4 exactly is so much harder to arrange.

#58 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:14 PM

Looking for a challenge where you get 2x bonus for AWS-8Q, any QKD/LCT/KTO/VND, any non-ECM Commando.

#59 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostDesintegrator, on 26 September 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

Great !

But only 1500 + 3000 points of GXP for playing the whole weekend ??
You are kidding me...

not sure played now for 4 hours already have gathered 527 points. So not a whole weekend job

Edited by Lily from animove, 26 September 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#60 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostDasaDevil, on 26 September 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Lurmageddon 2.0 ;.;

My cute fox weeps
1: Wut?
2: Lurmageddon 2.0 was a while ago. The third or fourth one was when LRMs were upped to 175mps flight speed.

View PostOnyxian, on 26 September 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

That's what I did last time... The problem is, your "sooner or later" was always much later. Would easily spend an hour or more on the Comstar or NGNG LFG room. I'm not a pushy guy, everyone told me to go to drop ships with 2-3 people and ask them, but it's not in my nature to force myself into a group.

And I'm one of the bad players folks were complaining about being forced to drop with in the first challenge, so players would play a couple games with me and then quit the group.

View PostZacharyJ, on 26 September 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Ive never dropped in a group ever and would like to, but do not have a mic.

If anyone needs lance mates, Im a very competent 27 year oldStormcrow pilot happy to work with you, send me a PM. Ill be able to play the next few hours. :)
For both of you, I'll send PMs, but really, if looking for folk to play with, include your Time Zone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users