• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 09 October 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

If y'all go to your Profile page, click Stats, then click Challenges, you'll see some of the "research" on this issue PGI has planned for the weekend.

PGI needs to offer me a mighty nice carrot if they want me to tolerate the Skirmish-stick.

#142 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostEscef, on 09 October 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

PGI needs to offer me a mighty nice carrot if they want me to tolerate the Skirmish-stick.

Unless it's a free hero mech of my choosing or 3 mechbays, it ain't a big enough carrot for me to do that.

#143 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 09 October 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Unless it's a free hero mech of my choosing or 3 mechbays, it ain't a big enough carrot for me to do that.

What if it were a carrot cockpit item?

#144 gamingogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:28 PM

"Repeal the soft Game Mode Voting system and restore hard restrictions previously used."
Yes! I hate skirmish and never pay that mode unless I am in a group. Thank you for restoring my ability to not play what I don't want to play.

#145 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 09 October 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

What if it were a carrot cockpit item?

:blink:

#146 Firebahl

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:07 PM

Looks like a great Challange
Might be even better if it was a Challenge

October 10th 5:00 pm UTC
Conquest Game Mode Challange

October 11th 5:00 pm UTC
Assault Game Mode Challange

October 12th 5:00 pm UTC
Skirmish Game Mode Challange

Edited by Firebahl, 09 October 2014 - 09:14 PM.

#147 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:20 PM

good catch! drives me nuts to read things and keep tripping over the typos.

but back on topic - I don't know why people keep saying conquest needs to pay better... for me, it pays 99.91% as much as assault (seems pretty balanced to me), but not quite as well as skirmish (104.68% of assault CB/match).

Edited by Blalok, 09 October 2014 - 09:22 PM.

#148 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:01 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 09 October 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

:blink:

But it would look so dashing swinging around in your cockpit from a string.
Posted Image

#149 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:02 PM

You're causing me grave spiritual pain here Futuza.

#150 GrayDawn

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:32 PM

I didn't read trough all the comments I just want to say that I think this was a sudden and hectic move from PGI.

Also I thought this change went through yesterday so I jumped in expecting no change to my previous games overall. But it seemed to me that it was still in. Nevertheless I played a couple matches and they were some of the closest I ever had. There was communication and more tactical gameplay. Not sure if I'm just flipping or it was just my imagination.

That put aside...since Russ told this in the podcast I removed my restriction on conquest. It is not my favourite mode either but when played with tactical teams it can be a lot of fun and I have come to enjoy it - in the long run it's another, more dicy deathmatch.
So let me get this straight for you: You who objected "soft restriction" match making, are whining because of a game mode that is a glorified DM and in the beginning you yourselves, the playerbase said that it is only marginally different than a basic deathmatch. What's the point then? Either way it is 90% the same playstyle every time. If conquest didn't exist you would have nothing against this "soft restriction" mode. Maybe the amount of rewards...but I really don't get it. Even if you didn't like it THAT much this is just a minor inconvinience for drastically better games.

My two cents.

#151 ultraFloon

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

thank you pgi .ce morning I played my dual warwank LB20 and my jagger dual AC20 built for model Skirmish .I lost and win the game and u fun playing. you made ​​good gaming. work mechwarrior and between good hand depui a time continue your work and thank your passion :)

#152 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:42 AM

Now that I got THIS patch installed my FPS is now stuck in the sub 20s. With everything set to low. Ran repair tool once, doing it again.

Edit: Repair tool will not fix it. (This game remains unplayable.)

Edited by Nathan K, 10 October 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#153 Rayne Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVickers Mining Co. Trellshire Province, Lyran Commonwelth. Hollers, Derf

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

Can't say I've had any FPS issues, has been the same (40s on average) pretty playable. Some spotty ping and connection issues, but that could be my ISP as much as anything.

#154 MountainCopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationUU, Ankh-Morpork

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:10 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 08 October 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

The goal of this hot-fix is to resolve three issues:
  • Repeal the soft Game Mode Voting system and restore hard restrictions previously used.

Looking into my stats for this time period, it showed that I had to play 13 Skirmish matches. In a Light Mech, won 2 and lost 11... making this the worst of my ratios.
  • It looks to me as if Lights have little to no purpose in this game mode compared to the others. Where it is team deathmatch in Assault and Conquest, Skirmish seems to be worse still.
  • Skirmish came up most frequently when looking at all 3 modes. Which was surprising why a large group of players would want to play this lessened version of Assault. But also explains one or two things.

As a personal conclusion and confirmation of previous impressions, I say: "Go far, far away with Skirmish..."

#155 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

I am glad it is gone. Was quickly tired of skirmish only with the people bringing the big pain mechs only knowing there would be no drawbacks in the form of base or conquest caps.

Will still probably leave it on any. But Will be glad to see other than skirmish skirmish skirmish

#156 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

Question: Since the hotfix, was 4x3 broken, or is it being broken by the challenge and everyone jumping around specific queues? I have NEVER seen 4x3 broken in the solo queue, since it was implemented, but all this weekend (since the hotfix), it's been broken left and right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users