219 replies to this topic

#181 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

Here was the lower half of that previous screen if you missed it:

Posted Image

Its missing the actual capture bonus and first capture bonus, about 12k there.

Previously, being the guy tagging their two Atlas's and narcing them to death, doing the heavy lifting when it comes to capturing, and winning the match...would have paid me around 45-50k.

Edited by KraftySOT, 23 October 2014 - 06:25 AM.

#182 Duran Vancor

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:30 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 October 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

You carried the team from the look of it. And 165K per match is good pay, 660 thousand C-bills an hour... Thats about a Raven every 4 hours of play(every 6 if you take bio breaks). And its not good enough for you why?

It's not about it "being good enough". First of all, that is not an average game. It is the single highest earning I have had this patch when not using tag + narc. Secondly, such a match would have given me a ridiculously high amount of c-bills pre patch, way more than 164k.

Now imagine I would have lost with the new system. I'm surprised UAVs and strikes are still used. They went from "helps but at a cost" to "not worth when you win, you lose c-bills when you lose"

Addendum:
I personally don't care about the amount we earn. My 3 new Stormcrows will entertain me for a long time and I have enough saved to not feel poor. I can still have an opinion though and it's that the new rewards are overall too low. They are also very punishing for new players. Those suffer the most from the change while veterans can "deal with it".

Edited by Duran Vancor, 23 October 2014 - 06:35 AM.

#183 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:49 AM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 22 October 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

And again, DWF this time.

Team win, 3 components tore off, highest damage, 7 assists, 2 kills etc etc. 100k

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im satisified now this is just a ploy to get people to invest in premium time. Makes business sense really, especially as mechs are starting to come out now that people actually want, and if they want to buy them for c-bills, prm time is the way to go.

Completely agree. The first night of the new system i had several monster games (the 2-4 kills, 8-10 assists, 600+ dmg kinda games) that would have previously netted me $300K+ easy. But with the new system (and premium time active) i was only getting in the low $200Ks.

That's pretty pathetic and a definitive drop in rewards.

#184 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 October 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

You carried the team from the look of it. And 165K per match is good pay, 660 thousand C-bills an hour... Thats about a Raven every 4 hours of play(every 6 if you take bio breaks). And its not good enough for you why?

Not to wade into someone else's fray... but before the patch i was averaging $280K per match (with PT). In an hour i expect to be banking OVER 2 MILLION.

Since the new system (granted i've only put in two half-hearted nights of play on it) i'm down to an average of $190K per match with PT.

I find that to be a far too great a dip.

Edited by Mott, 23 October 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#185 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:55 AM

View PostDuran Vancor, on 23 October 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

It's not about it "being good enough". First of all, that is not an average game. It is the single highest earning I have had this patch when not using tag + narc. Secondly, such a match would have given me a ridiculously high amount of c-bills pre patch, way more than 164k.

Now imagine I would have lost with the new system. I'm surprised UAVs and strikes are still used. They went from "helps but at a cost" to "not worth when you win, you lose c-bills when you lose"

Addendum:
I personally don't care about the amount we earn. My 3 new Stormcrows will entertain me for a long time and I have enough saved to not feel poor. I can still have an opinion though and it's that the new rewards are overall too low. They are also very punishing for new players. Those suffer the most from the change while veterans can "deal with it".

Your loss is my gain I guess. Cause 165K is a improvement over my normal haul, and With a little patience, I can buy what I want in time. Unless its a MC only build. We are buying Multi MILLION dollar (C-Bill) war machines, and for some reason think we deserve a bank account the size of a medium size country. The game isn't about the collection, its about the (eventual)Conquest. If you lose with the most toys you still lose. :rolleyes: So if I can win with less "Stuff" who's the better player? :huh:

#186 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:56 AM

View PostMott, on 23 October 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

Not to wade into someone else's fray... but before the patch i was averaging $280K per match (with PT). In an hour i expect to be banking OVER 2 MILLION.

Since the new system (granted i've only put in two half-hearted nights of play on it) i'm down to an average of $190K per match with PT.

Get better?

#187 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

View PostMott, on 23 October 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

Cause you are not playing according to the new team oriented reward system for a game about combat, and like I've been preaching, 'The better team always wins'. Now the better Team player gets a fatter check. I have been enjoying my increased rewards.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 23 October 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#188 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:47 AM

Also, if you haven't read, they are increasing some rewards.

I'll be anticipating the 300k matches, without the use of Premium. Maybe a Hero.

#189 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 October 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

Cause you are not playing according to the new team oriented reward system for a game about combat, and like I've been preaching, 'The better team always wins'. Now the better Team player gets a fatter check. I have been enjoying my increased rewards.

I'm 100% team player. I don't leroy, i don't go off on my own. I ride mediums (foraying into lights and heavies) and always do my best to support the damage dealing assaults. I perform fast flanks to distract and hurt the enemies, to get a target lock on a hard to reach enemy, etc. I always go to throwing as much damage into an enemy's weakest spot and once he's hurt and my team's biggest damage dealers are focusing him down i switch to the next best threat and go to work on weakening/distracting him as well.

My near-total focus on teamplay - rather than stealing all the kills for myself - is actually the one knock that anyone has ever voiced about my piloting.

#190 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostMott, on 23 October 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

I'm 100% team player. I don't leroy, i don't go off on my own. I ride mediums (foraying into lights and heavies) and always do my best to support the damage dealing assaults. I perform fast flanks to distract and hurt the enemies, to get a target lock on a hard to reach enemy, etc. I always go to throwing as much damage into an enemy's weakest spot and once he's hurt and my team's biggest damage dealers are focusing him down i switch to the next best threat and go to work on weakening/distracting him as well.

My near-total focus on teamplay - rather than stealing all the kills for myself - is actually the one knock that anyone has ever voiced about my piloting.

i don't know what to tell you then Mott. My way of playing is paying more not less and I do all those things you listed as well. Except I am the Assault not the battle armor! ;)

Also expecting over 2 mill an hour is silly.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 23 October 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#191 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 October 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Also expecting over 2 mill an hour is silly.

I don't see why. I've played for 10 months now. I've become pretty decent for the last 6 months and have had no problem banking 2-3 million an hour when i get to drop 6-8 times an hour.

I've been able to expand my mechbay to 70 mechs (not including my clans) all bought with Cbills, despite only playing about 6 hrs a week.

The biggest impact on me has been the assist payout decrease. And i've tried to adjust for it - and i welcome a deeper rewards system - but the reduction of rewards has been noticeable and has me a little miffed.

I will endeavor to get more kills now. And figure out some other ways to sneak extra rewards like swapping 1x ml for tag on most of my builds.

#192 Lasertron3000

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

Yup somebody has to take the hit so they could pay the lights better. They can't have everybody getting more spacebucks. They should try to actually work on gameplay improvements, and maps maybe and quit trying to tweak the paywall constantly.

#193 stache1

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostXetelian, on 21 October 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

Take away the scouting and the hit and run and you have a 30k match with 504 damage...Posted Image

that's just rediculous,how i heck do they expect us to grind for new mechs and equipment and modules ect,ect,ect, with such low income and xp for a 500+ damage game??!!.

#194 Phashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBuckeye stuck in Michigan

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostDuran Vancor, on 23 October 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

Addendum:

THIS. +1 Sometimes I wonder if they want to KEEP new players OUT... they are so insensitive to the beginner plight.

#195 BlackIronTarkus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationBehind you, breathing on your neck.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

Logged simply to say that the OP is such a fool. His stupidity actually made me laugh out loud. Especially the part about taking screen shots... what a moron... and this guy is in a clan? Bwhahaha...

#196 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostBlackIronTarkus, on 23 October 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

Logged simply to say that the OP is such a fool. His stupidity actually made me laugh out loud. Especially the part about taking screen shots... what a moron... and this guy is in a clan? Bwhahaha...

Methinks you should have actually read what he said. Because now you look like the fool.

He said there's no way to take screenshots AFTER the match is over and one has returned to mechbay. He's right, there isn't. There also isnt any sort of stat tracking where we can get our after action reports.

Furthermore, numerous others have flashed plenty of images proving that the rewards are ridiculously low whenever you lose, despite how good you may have played individually.

#197 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 October 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

• Play Locust
  • Stick with team
  • Shoot up the opponents, run support and take aim at open components
  • Be a good buddy
  • Win
  • 100K payout where I used to get 180K

Reasons:
  • Damage output is too low on the Locust
  • Inability to hit and run because of low damage output

Other than that it's been crushing defeats, with 30-40K payouts.

Reasons:
  • Locust is fragile

Meanwhile, the small income buff patch just hit, so I'll take screenshots now and see how it does. Fingers crossed.

#198 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

You dont get kill rewards if you do a lot of damage but the enemy mechs stay alive.

You also dont get a lot of rewards if you do lots of damage spread out over enemy mechs but fail to get most damage, killing blow or solo kill rewards.

If you are in a light or medium, play conquest, its a lot easier to make c-bills that way. And bring a TAG/NARC.

#199 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostMott, on 23 October 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

I don't see why. I've played for 10 months now. I've become pretty decent for the last 6 months and have had no problem banking 2-3 million an hour when i get to drop 6-8 times an hour.

I've been able to expand my mechbay to 70 mechs (not including my clans) all bought with Cbills, despite only playing about 6 hrs a week.

The biggest impact on me has been the assist payout decrease. And i've tried to adjust for it - and i welcome a deeper rewards system - but the reduction of rewards has been noticeable and has me a little miffed.

I will endeavor to get more kills now. And figure out some other ways to sneak extra rewards like swapping 1x ml for tag on most of my builds.

I've played for 3 Years. and even at my best (when 8 mans ruled the roost and was just shy of 3.0 KDr) and we had a generous Payment plan, 2 Mil an hour was not a goal. You are complaining about 1st world problems sir. Its not about the Kills, its more about the assists. an extra 2,000 C-bills was just put back in the cash bonus, You'll be making more money now. And so will I.

View PostMott, on 23 October 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Methinks you should have actually read what he said. Because now you look like the fool.

He said there's no way to take screenshots AFTER the match is over and one has returned to mechbay. He's right, there isn't. There also isnt any sort of stat tracking where we can get our after action reports.

Furthermore, numerous others have flashed plenty of images proving that the rewards are ridiculously low whenever you lose, despite how good you may have played individually.
As well as others proving they are just fine. Other than that I liked/agreed what you posted.

View PostCavale, on 23 October 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

• Play Locust
  • Stick with team
  • Shoot up the opponents, run support and take aim at open components
  • Be a good buddy
  • Win
  • 100K payout where I used to get 180K

Reasons:
  • Damage output is too low on the Locust
  • Inability to hit and run because of low damage output
Other than that it's been crushing defeats, with 30-40K payouts.

Reasons:
  • Locust is fragile

Meanwhile, the small income buff patch just hit, so I'll take screenshots now and see how it does. Fingers crossed.

For Me its Run(waddle) an Atlas-S... Profit.

#200 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

Well, I think the floor needs to be increased on rewards. I've had big ones, and I've had a few die-early stinkers.

What I will also say is I didn't work my butt off for the die-early stinkers ... those low ones were due to ... dying early and not contributing much. On matches when I did lay out a ton of damage, I got seriously better bank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users