63 replies to this topic

#21 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:27 AM

If we look at it from the fluctuation point of view, then it's around 40 to 50 percent downwards and 10 to 15 percent upwards.

which means that the amount of punishment (read cbill nerf) is higher when you have a one-sided or bad-average match than the rewards when you have a very good match.

#22 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

Interesting to me that PGI is reporting a flux of 5-10% but the players base is reporting much higher. It would be nice to see the proof on both sides of this. From PGI their hard data that point to their average vs players here show their before and after scores. Maybe the players here reporting to heavy loss are out-liars? I have not had a chance to login and play yet, but Im already prepping my pre patch scores so I can compare.

#23 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostSyNooB, on 22 October 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

Well 80% of my time is spent in medium's and in a good match I averaged about 130 to 180, and now it's more 50 to 90. I doubt it is 5 to 10%.

What do you call a good match, when you earn 50-90k now?

#24 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:52 AM

before the new system my average cbills per match was 118,000 (based on the stats page)
before the clans the number was around 97000 (with no bonus)
the increase after the clans are because of the 30% more cbills for the (I) variants.

i will snapshot my end match scores from now to have a solid number for post patch matches.

Edited by Navid A1, 22 October 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#25 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:54 AM

I noticed absolutely no change in income last night. In fact, in a few drops I noticed an increase.

Perhaps the players complaining about a decrease are the ones that spend far too much time hiding and not nearly enough... fighting--that's the only idea I can come up with.

#26 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:05 AM

Unnecessary, un-called for, over complicated, confusing C-bill nerf just encourages P2W. Another PGI subliminally perverted IGP inspired cash grab :ph34r: :rolleyes: :o :P

**EDIT** this is meant to be Humerous but seeing as this is a forum i best set it straight first!

Edited by mad kat, 22 October 2014 - 07:09 AM.

#27 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 22 October 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Interesting to me that PGI is reporting a flux of 5-10% but the players base is reporting much higher. It would be nice to see the proof on both sides of this. From PGI their hard data that point to their average vs players here show their before and after scores. Maybe the players here reporting to heavy loss are out-liars? I have not had a chance to login and play yet, but Im already prepping my pre patch scores so I can compare.

To be honest I'd take PGI's word before anyone elses on here.
You have to remember people will only claim what they want to if it fits their arguement.
You have to remember that PGI is looking at a total for all players, so that's a much larger sample size than a person playing a few matches.
And also you'll have to remember that where people are now making less than 50k (which takes tallent in my opinion) is offset by those making 260... 300.. 350k c-bills.
When everything averages out, It's only 5-10%. Things just got a lot spikier, That's all.

#28 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

my cbill income went up about 10-15% based on the numbers, and since I don't have screenies or anything, you will have to take my word on it, but....

I have also taken a 10-15% hit to my xp earnings

#29 Grom181

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

I have noticed a bit of a change, but for me Its more along the lines of ELO grouping. I have been playing for a good while, and have the mechs that I want (and have them mastered). In matches where the team I'm on gets royally stomped I see the highest cut in earnings, but for me that tends to be 90k (with PT). Now I do have some money but I blew it to buy parts for mechs and stuff (mostly omni parts). Then turning around and having a good game, I can net nearly 300K. I understand how this is going to hurt new players, because they are still learning and they may not always get the winning hand, so they may only net 100K-40K. That grind is going to take a good long while. At my level of skill, and having played way to many games, I like the way the system is set up. You should get more payout for winning, contributing more, ect., but if you lose, you should not get paid as much. What may help is add a few more achievements for new players (especially with clan mechs being so freaking costly). The way they are now, they can only hope to get a basic atlas, which is going to get rolled six ways from Sunday.

#30 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:34 AM

I'm definitely averaging less c-bills from before, I should hope the see an increase in rewards to at least balance this.

#31 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:57 AM

We will be looking at a pile of data today in the community averages. But also cherry picking some volunteers and looking at their pre and post earnings.

#32 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 22 October 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

We will be looking at a pile of data today in the community averages. But also cherry picking some volunteers and looking at their pre and post earnings.

Ooh, ooh, pick me! I'm just super curious and don't wanna number crunch by looking at old screenshots! lol

#33 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

My Raven has become a money maker since yesterday so no complaints here! I am happy and pleased I get rewarded for actually being a scout, or if I pilot a skirmisher, hit and run tactics. Over all, good job PGI!

#34 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

I find it not so clear how the rules work. That needs more attention

Make a video or write a text based on each each-mechclass.

Ps: you need more context anyway, since WARFARE is 2yrs overdo.
There is very litle Lore in the game.

#35 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating here. I might add, in the example below, I was the last team member to die:

I had one match last night with 2 kill assists, around 400 dmg, and some of the new flanking/lance rewards. My team pretty much got rolled. It was a 2-12 loss.

I earned 38k and I used a cool shot. So I netted -2k. :huh:

Here in lies the problem for new players. I remember my W/L ratio being .25 for a looooong time. After playing for 6 months or more that average climbed to .8 W/L ratio. Since the stat reset, my overall is 1.10. Since the earnings are so much lower for a loss, a new player is not going to last very long, imho.

Maybe PGI should consider extending the Cadet bonus to 50 or more matches. Or better yet, a gradually decreasing percentage bonus. After the initial 25 matches, apply a 50% bonus to the next 50-100 matches and gradually drop that percentage to normal earnings. I can't see new players sticking it out with the meager earnings.

Jody

#36 Snowcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:13 AM

I just want to say, THANK YOU! I can now make money in my commando :D Loving the new reward system. I don't know what people are complaining about. My earnings have increased. People need to adapt to the new system. It's not just about getting assists anymore.

#37 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 22 October 2014 - 04:33 AM, said:

"Role Warfare"

Play it and reap the rewards then all will be well. ;)

Love it.

Start using your classes how they were meant to be used and you should see a increase. it doesn't matter if you got 10 kills with 700+damage; What would matter is what you did in that mech to get those scores.

#38 Shlkt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:25 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 22 October 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Interesting to me that PGI is reporting a flux of 5-10% but the players base is reporting much higher. It would be nice to see the proof on both sides of this.compare.

It's possible that both are correct. If a small segment of the player base is earning significantly more then their earnings could skew the average to within 5%-10% of the old system, while at the same time the majority of the player base is earning less than they used to.

I'm not saying that's what's happening, but it's something to consider. Averages don't tell you everything.

Edited by Shlkt, 22 October 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#39 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

I haven't been having a big problem, but even without too much experience with the system, I do think that losses should still give 25,000 C-Bills. Elo projects wins and losses, and there's just matches you can't win. There's only so much you can carry. By reducing the payout on losses, you're basically punishing players for an inevitibility caused by the matchmaker.

#40 Syncline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:35 AM

I think the system is working fine. If you want those fat bonuses, play like a member of a team instead of an individual in a group of individuals.

PGI has access to everyone's statistics. If they are seeing an overall 5-10% change in C-Bill disbursement but you are seeing some other change in your earnings, perhaps it's because you play the game as an individual rather than as a member of a team.

The data doesn't lie.

Edited by Syncline, 22 October 2014 - 09:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users