13 replies to this topic

#1 JSmith7784

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 139 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:47 AM

I couldn't find anything that shows what the critical hit chance is for SRM's. I'm assuming it's nothing great. I was hoping PGI would increase the critical hit chance for SRMs to make them more useful. They should do normal damage to armor, but once you have open internals the SRMs should really tear people up with critical hits. Assuming an unarmored location takes a hit from explosive SRMs you would assume massive internal damage to components. Just an idea.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:49 AM

SRMs are already very good weapons and a staple of play (especially in "Ultracomp" land).

That being said, letting Inner Sphere SRMs have a little nudge like a bit more critical chance and/or slightly reduced heat might help them against Clan SRMs (Clan SRMs are fine as-is, excluding the CSRM2).

#3 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:04 AM

Just straight up bump up damage for IS SRMs. 2.5 if you want to be safe, or 3 damage if you want to keep it Lore friendly.

http://www.sarna.net...d-Fire_Missiles

They crit just like any other weapon, that 42% chance to deal at least 1 crit, dealing 2 crit damage per missile.

#4 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:30 AM

SRMs are in desperate need of projectile speed increase.

#5 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

Critical hit % is the same on SRMs is the "normal" amount.

IS SRMs already do slightly more damage than Clan SRMs. If you want to buff their damage up further, then you should either buff Clan SRM damage as well, or give them limited tracking ability.

SRMs are fine how they currently are, however; they don't need buffing.

#6 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

Here's my suggestion:

Raise IS SRM's and SSRM's to 2.5 damage a missile. Raise clan SRMS and SSRMS to 2.15, or whatever minor damage buff we have now on them.

If that won't happen, give 150% ammo per ton for SRM's just like all other weapons.

#7 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:31 AM

Oh yea half tonnage SRMs clearly are not overpowered at all.

The fact that the SMN-B can mount 5x SRM-6s with artemis, plenty of ammo, near full armor, decent heatsinks and goes 5/8/5 with a XL engine that lets you survive the loss of a side torso clearly is not massively more powerful than a IS mech that cant mount anywhere near that kind of speed, firepower and cooling.

When do the clans get their half tonnage gauss rifles btw? You can make the clan ones do like 13 damage per shot to compensate.

#8 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 23 October 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

The fact that the SMN-B can mount 5x SRM-6s with artemis, plenty of ammo, near full armor, decent heatsinks and goes 5/8/5 with a XL engine that lets you survive the loss of a side torso clearly is not massively more powerful than a IS mech that cant mount anywhere near that kind of speed, firepower and cooling.

When do the clans get their half tonnage gauss rifles btw? You can make the clan ones do like 13 damage per shot to compensate.

Calling the Suckoner OP? Oh my...

Also, 12 tons isn't half of 15. Can you please Maths?

Anyhow, buff the IS SRMs to where they should be, or give them tracking. Dead-Fire warheads are what we have, except at 66% damage.

#9 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:35 AM

I miss the twirly flightpath SRMs.

#10 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 23 October 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

Calling the Suckoner OP? Oh my...

Also, 12 tons isn't half of 15. Can you please Maths?

Anyhow, buff the IS SRMs to where they should be, or give them tracking. Dead-Fire warheads are what we have, except at 66% damage.

Nope. Dead fire were a separate missile type and was phased out quickly in favor of MRM's. (Your link describe it actually)

The SRM (Short Range Missile) is alive and well thanks. ;)

http://www.sarna.net...t_Range_Missile

#11 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 23 October 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

Nope. Dead fire were a separate missile type and was phased out quickly in favor of MRM's. (Your link describe it actually)

The SRM (Short Range Missile) is alive and well thanks. ;)

http://www.sarna.net...t_Range_Missile

We've been through this before...

The Dead-Fire SRM is a type of SRM munition, much like Inferno, Artemis, NARC, Frag, ARAD, Tandem Charge, Listen Kill, etc...

MWO doesn't have MRMs, nor are they introduced until 3058. They haven't been phased out yet.
They are used in conjunction with SRM launchers.

MWO has removed their guidance, and given them a MG bullet and a half as reward; that's a fairly borked ratio. Do it properly by giving them tracking, or by making them true Dead-Fires, with a damage buff, as little as 2.5 will do.

Edited by Mcgral18, 23 October 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#12 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

The fact that you are calling the Summoner overpowered kinda negates your whole whine.

Griffins make better bombers than Summoners, and they're Mediums.

#13 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:48 PM

5 SRM6 is basically the only intimidating and powerful Suckoner build that I've seen so far. The rest of the builds are basically obese mediums more than heavies.

#14 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

I had a great game to end the night on a Centurion-AH. I was getting frustrated with the build I had on it (it sucked, really) and just went back to sheer ASRM6s. I wrecked face... (although, I probably beat up my Elo enough from losing a number of games straight).

It's all about the brawl.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users