Misery Builds

26 replies to this topic

#1 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

I just purchased misery from haunted sale and for the life of me can't seem to find a build that pleases me. So give me your builds!!!! Don't have a preference over ac20 or Gauss.

#2 Patu

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hey mate, I felt EXACTLY the same way. And I am still not quite comfortable with the misery. But then again, its my very first assault mech, so I blame it on that. ^_^
This is what I am running at the moment:
MISERY

Well I'll just keep playing with it, because I really want to love Stalkers (they look amazing B) )

P.S: I know that I could fit FF on the misery and upgrade it a little, but I don't really know what I am going to do with it yet, so I am still waiting and testing!

Edited by Patu, 03 November 2014 - 02:40 PM.

#3 Trumpetteer

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostPatu, on 03 November 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

Hey mate, I felt EXACTLY the same way. And I am still not quite comfortable with the misery. But then again, its my very first assault mech, so I blame it on that. ^_^
This is what I am running at the moment:
MISERY

Well I'll just keep playing with it, because I really want to love Stalkers (they look amazing B) )

P.S: I know that I could fit FF on the misery and upgrade it a little, but I don't really know what I am going to do with it yet, so I am still waiting and testing!

Do you have Endo Steel already installed?

#4 Lictor

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:55 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ccc01fac0ababcb

#5 Patu

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

View PostTrumpetteer, on 03 November 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

Do you have Endo Steel already installed?

Yep, I do. Why, is that bad?

#6 Trumpetteer

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostPatu, on 03 November 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

No, I just didn't want you to install FF over Endo.

#7 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostPatu, on 03 November 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

Not bad at 14 slots for Endo or Fero on IS mechs its the better choice over Ferro. Endo saves the most weight 4 tons on Stalkers or 80 ton mech vs Fero Saving up to 1.9 tons depending on your armor load out.

Always upgrade to Endo first.

I'll post my build when i get a chance but if i remember right
CT - ER Large for beginning of battle sniping, stopps me from rushing in.

Then for rest 4 M. laser, AC20, SRM 6 all combined have similar ranges and make for a devastating smack when up clsoe which stalker can do very well. 52 damage 40 of which pretty pinpoint especially after battle goes for a bit is evil. Add on very low heat to just keep going.

Stick to STD engine, Slaker can Zombie like nothing else with that ER LL. but get bigger engine at least 300 to move ya and twist ya better and AMS for swatting a few missiles to give you a few bits more "Armor"

Edited by Mad Ox, 03 November 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#8 Patu

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

Well thanks for the info about endo and FF (even though I already knew that).
That is why I upgraded endo already anyways, but havent uped FF (even though the slots are there, they may be not in a different build).

It is actually funny how you did not even look at my build.
I have endo and no FF, I have a STD engine and it is a 300 aswell.
My weapon choices are different, fair enough. I might give your setup a shot, doesnt look too bad.
The only reason why I currently dont have a CT weapon is because I love symetrie too much :wub: (needs another ballistic slot in RT).

#9 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostPatu, on 03 November 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

Well thanks for the info about endo and FF (even though I already knew that).
That is why I upgraded endo already anyways, but havent uped FF (even though the slots are there, they may be not in a different build).

It is actually funny how you did not even look at my build.
I have endo and no FF, I have a STD engine and it is a 300 aswell.
My weapon choices are different, fair enough. I might give your setup a shot, doesnt look too bad.
The only reason why I currently dont have a CT weapon is because I love symetrie too much :wub: (needs another ballistic slot in RT).

God if it had 2 ballistics...... 2 AC20s so fast!!! Also your misery build is too hot for my taste. I really wanted 2PPC 1 Gauss to work but PPCs heat up way to fast.

#10 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWhere I'm needed

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

I know it's not for everyone, but I like this x2 PPC, AC/20, ML build.

#11 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

Mostly, nobody like it. I don't know why.. But here is my: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...85da0c5f95d40a7

Edited by Sky Hawk, 03 November 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#12 Triban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 202 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

I think after tomorrow I'll be trying this: MISERY

Edited by Triban, 03 November 2014 - 05:46 PM.

#13 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:49 PM

THERE ARE NO GOOD STALKER BUILD LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLL TROOOOOOOLLLLLLL
ok now that my joke is done i wish you luck i owned a stalker and never found a good build for it and im impressed every time i see a stalker doing well but i do like cool runing mechs and stalkers tend to run a little hot soooooo.........

#14 Daoa Hakoke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

When I run my Misery, this is what I run. AC/20, 4 ML, 1 LPL. Works great, lots of fun, save the LPL for when you really need that extra punch to put someone down and gives your zombie some good damage as well.

#15 Patu

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:58 AM

View PostSpeedingBus, on 03 November 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

God if it had 2 ballistics...... 2 AC20s so fast!!! Also your misery build is too hot for my taste. I really wanted 2PPC 1 Gauss to work but PPCs heat up way to fast.

Yeeeeahhhh, pretty much all my builds on all my mechs, tend to run hot. Sometimes even reaaaally hot :)
Thats the kind of guy I am. The hotter the better :P !

Edited by Patu, 04 November 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#16 CimaGarahau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWesternmost Germany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:02 AM

I drive the Misery with Ac20, 2x ER Large lasers and LRM15.

#17 Najek Yuma

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

I see several of these builds have 5 tons of AC20 ammo - does anybody ever actually get off 35 AC20 shots in a match? If you never, ever run out of ammo it means you have too much ammo (at least on a mech like the Misery where you can bring significant backup weapons). I carry 3 tons of AC20 ammo and very rarely run out. I also think AMS is a must given the Stalker's relatively low speed and the current number of LRMs flying around. And I vastly prefer a 300 engine over a 310 - the 310 only gives you 2.1 more kph for an expenditure of 2.5 tons - not worth it.

I used to run a 2xPPC, 1xML, 1xAC20 build before the PPC speed reduction. It was effective at all ranges, with a sweet 40dmg pinpoint alpha between 90 - 270m. But the PPC speed decrease made it much less effective beyond 270m, so I swithched it up.

Here's what I've been running: MISERY - 2xERLL, 3xML, AC20. It's a half-ton short, but I just couldn't figure out a better build (unless I wanted to spend $2 million c-bills on a 305 engine).

But with today's Large Pulse laser changes I'm going to try a 2xLPL, 3xML, AC20 version when I get home, with an LPL in the center torso slot for some sweet zombie action.

#18 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:27 AM

300 standard engine,ac20,3 erll.Or ac20,2erll and a srm4 and ams.This thing can tank like a mofo and with the new quirks it's even better.Misery was my goto mech before I got my MadCat and now that i'm pretty much bored with clan mechs now I find myself playing my DS,Misery and Firebrand more and more.
Stick with the Misery,it's a great mech especially once elited/mastered.

#19 Blackwolf 1 1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

I run mine with the largest standard engine the mech can carry, maxed armor (I think, might need to shave a few points off on the legs haha), ac20, large pulse laser in the center, 4 medium lasers in the arms, and a couple tons of ammo. I tend to do pretty well in it most of time, but it's definitely not built for long range combat if you're interested in going that route.

#20 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:47 AM

MISERY

Is what I used during leveling. I use LL range 5 and Gauss cool down 5. Play it as a mid range fighter.Only 2 weapon systems, with 1 in the CT, for zombie action. 2PPC, 2ml, AC20 is the other build I played with. Neither build is fancy. They're just simple 2 system builds which I try to run on all my stalkers b/c I've found I can only really manage 3 weapons systems when it gets hairy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users