150 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:21 AM

Leave us your qualitative feedback on the Viridian Bog map!

If you have an issue to report, such as a collision issue, please try to include:
  • The game mode used.
  • The grid tile affected.
  • The Mech and/or weapon used to achieve the collision issue.
  • A screen or video capture to help locate the bug.

#2 Shivaxi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:17 PM

Looks great. Running around in Testing Grounds now. However I already came across a bug. There's a place where you get completely stuck and cannot do anything, in grid tile E3.

Screenshot and Coordinates here

http://i.imgur.com/0idzUZE.jpg

Posted Image

Edited by Shivaxi, 18 November 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#3 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

very nice look, it is ok. problem: too much rush ecm ac20+srm friendly

you said in the davlog that it will be difficult to rush in this map

i wander to know why

you can not see over 300 meters and the spaces are all small: THIS MAP WILL BE PUSH SRM AC20 NOOB FEST, same as mining collective.

mining collective = pac man

you are creating too many short range maps, we need more alpine peaks, canyon network, tourmaline desert, forest colony, my four favourite maps.

AH, EXCELLENT JOB ON THE LIGHT\SHADOW EFFECT

Edited by IL MECHWARRIOR, 18 November 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#4 Bracchus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 125 posts
  • LocationThe cold north of Sweden

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

First thought, way too much fog... All the colors that you said you would bring with this map are washed out in the ever present haze. Really big downer :(

Edit: Will try and see how it looks on low settings, have a feeling that we with computers more modern than Texas Instrument calculators are getting punished again.

Edited by Bracchus, 18 November 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#5 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

now i noticed a huuuuuge tactical error

the team that spawns in B6 has an abnormous advantage: there are 2 poits to access higher areas without jj: one in c4 d4 and the other in c4 b4:

THESE PLACES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO THE TEAM THAT SPAWNS IN B6, huge disadvantage for the others

th team that spawn in e2 only has the d2 Platform, and it is useless since there is not lrm cover

Edited by IL MECHWARRIOR, 18 November 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#6 Paikanx

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

Laser affect crab skeleton elements as it should but AC bullets (ac20 at least) pass through.

Video tomorrow.

Edited by Paikanx, 18 November 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#7 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

i think you want rushers to go water under ecm and fog, and pro snipers use Thermal vision at 700 meters too, i noticed that Thermal vision is way good here: you miscalculated that all those water plants make impssible to aim, it hurts eyes to snipe in that mess and that higher team can not snipe from above because of the trees

#8 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 18 November 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

i noticed that Thermal vision is way good here

Yeah I noticed that as well. Everything should look like a washed out light gray to white with Thermal.

#9 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:29 PM

View PostPaikanx, on 18 November 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Laser affect crab skeleton elements as it should but AC bullets (ac20 at least) pass through.

Video tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up. No need for the video though, we've got this in our QA database already. I've recorded another video displaying this issue and have updated the bug database.

#10 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:37 PM

Greetings all,

Reference the ballistic rounds going through the shell objects,
- This would be a normal feature of armour penetrating rounds, they would loose some impulse, but keep going. (punching a nice clean hole in the shell)
- The lasers would need to be-on-spot for a second or two to burn through, a swiping pass would only burn or cut into the surface.

So both weapons types are working as it should.

If the shell actually stops that AC round, then I want that material applied for armour on my Mech.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 18 November 2014 - 01:54 PM.

#11 Paikanx

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 18 November 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads up. No need for the video though, we've got this in our QA database already. I've recorded another video displaying this issue and have updated the bug database.

Roger that.

By the way, at least on some elements, it seems to happen only at a specific angle

#12 August55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

PGI really likes the color green. This is the second map in a row that's primarily green. It looks nice though and really makes me think of lobster rolls. :(

I think PGI needs to add a new color to their mapping palette. Perhaps purple?

IMO, the game in general could use a small tint of blue. But that's my opinion.

Edited by August55, 18 November 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#13 Draven Darkshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:52 PM

after playing at least 20 matches i havent landed once on the viridian bog. you need to change the frequency to heavy, im getting tired of not getting this map and getting forest colony 5 times, canyon 3 times, hpg 3 times, alpine peaks twice, terra thermal 3 times caustic valley 4 times, mining collective twice

#14 Ulfgar Snorrison

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStanding stoically at the longship's prow.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

So maybe this isn't the kind of feedback you want but in my opinion your team has REALLY drop the ball on this map's backstory. I will not fight for drug lords. Period. And I'm not real happy with a creative team that puts young people in that role. You can count me as a disconnet when it roles around. Too bad, the map looked great in the testing grounds.

#15 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

Would love to give some feedback.

Unfortunately I played for several hours and did not get to play the map once.

#16 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

View PostPaikanx, on 18 November 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Video tomorrow.

View PostAlexander Garden, on 18 November 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Wanted to add, that also PPC particles and SRM's pass through the exoskeletons.
The same happens also on the "legs" of the "four legged" trees.

Laser doesn't pass:
Posted Image

But PPC does:
Posted Image

SRM's also pass the "tree legs", but the screenshot doesn't show it in a good way, so you have to trust me on this ;)

I only tested on one tree (on the border in C4 coming from D4). Coordinates on the screens are on the elevation next to the tree. I think it affects all those "quadruple-legged-trees" (how they're called btw? ;) )

Edited by Ballimbo, 18 November 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#17 August55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostUlfgar Snorrison, on 18 November 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

So maybe this isn't the kind of feedback you want but in my opinion your team has REALLY drop the ball on this map's backstory. I will not fight for drug lords. Period. And I'm not real happy with a creative team that puts young people in that role. You can count me as a disconnet when it roles around. Too bad, the map looked great in the testing grounds.

Seriously? You're going to abandon your team over a blurb of text inspired by Dune that maybe a handful of people actually bothered to read while reading the patch notes? I think you have issues.

#18 ANGRY Ike

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

Very bad graphical artifacting all across the map on the upper terrace elevations. This is not graphics driver related, as NVidia hasn't updated drivers today or for more than a week before the map dropped in today. Nor heat related, I checked mobo and GPU temps to make sure. This does not happen to me on any other map, and no artifacting was experienced on any map before today.

As I do not have any way to host and link images, I cannot currently post the screenshots I saved. I shall try and find out a way to get them linked here later.

Currently running Nvidia GTX 660 on Nvidia drivers ver. 344.65, non-beta.

#19 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:22 PM

This map needs its rotation bumped up quite a bit. I have yet to drop on this map at all.

#20 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:47 PM

Overall, I like the map a lot. I found it difficult to maneuver in a Light Mech due to the amount of material on the ground (kept running into stuff or getting hung up on stuff), but I thought it was a good challenge that provides a real test of piloting skill. I definitely like the fact that the map favors close range combat. We have so many long range maps in this game already that a short-range one is nice. I will say that I found LRMs to be far more useful than I had anticipated. Though there is a lot of cover, it is not necessarily tall enough to protect from LRMs. It's more like protection from LOS Lock-on and tracking (think Radar Dep).

That being said, I only got to play the map one time. I kept getting Canyons and Tourmaline instead, so these are merely first impressions.

All-in-all, great job making the new map! The bug stuff weirds me out a bit and feels Star Warsy (Felucia, anyone?), but it's pretty cool overall. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users