Community Warfare Pillar

34 replies to this topic

#34 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

We may need to get a moderator to help organize the discussion. There are three main threads going now that hold what I consider to be the key ideas. Primary source material: SS' epic 3025 post, secondarily Pringles thread on merc Comm. Warfare and my own thread both in General Discussion advocating for a system more akin to EGA/MPBT 3025. All are addressing different but key issues. At the moment, one of the key points in contention is the basic framework of the map mechanics resulting in a fairly major split in the discussion.

Along one path, we have Pringles approach advocating some form of World of Tanks-Clan War Map tournament system following the devs original idea of having completely split battle space by classifying planets as "merc", "faction" or "Core" (untouchable/dev controlled). Key concerns are setting a timezone for scheduling attack/defense battles, unlimited Corp size, and separation within "merc space" based on clan size possibly (among other alternatives mentioned.) I reiterate my opposition to this approach in the strongest possible terms on the grounds that I hate a system that schedules my play time for me; and it also by implication demands that faction and mercs operate in non-intersecting planes. I advocate a unified approach.

On the second path, we have a more House centric approach distilled in SS' posts on MPBT: 3025. I personally want this system. However, I posted a detailed set of suggestions that de-emphasize top-down authority in favor of a softer rewards based approach before seeing SS's post. I would suggest merging my thread with SS's thread as these are at least internally consistent and restart the discussion on how heavy a command authority is suitable for this environment. As outlined above, the key distinction is the use of one single map with mercs operating for the Houses; shared attacks and defenses for both merc and faction.

Too tired to report the links to everything, but I have posted the links in a previous post ... at least I think I did. :-)

At some point I hope PGI will give us some clarity to know in what direction we should focus ourselves on when they are able to do so. I understand fully that the priority is getting work on the fundamental framework of the game so I know this will be weeks in the coming.

#35 Cerebus179

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I dont know if theyll implement this but it takes quite a while to travel from each jumpoint to a planet. It may take weeks in real time to travel in a dropshop to reach a planet, let alone jumping across from one front to another. Jumpships are fast but they have to recharge their drives with jump sails out. So its not like you can jump like a machinegun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users