Command Console

39 replies to this topic

#1 Future Perfect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

I have read some about this Command Console that's in the Atlas AS7-D-DC.

I guess that you install it in the cockpit so what does it look like and how does it improve the control of your mech?

#2 ShadowDarter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSydney city Mechbay

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

This might come under the NDA of those that know this information..

So don't expect a answer until open Beta.

#3 killer panzer

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

no, a command consol is used by a field commander to issue troops on the field in the firefight. in TT, it can also be used as a backup cockpit if the primary is killed, ie the commander takes control. its more like a radio intercept officer in the F-14 in appearance.

i know the admins frown on this, but here is a link to the BT wiki about the command console
http://www.sarna.net...Command_Console

Edited by killer panzer, 26 June 2012 - 03:52 AM.

#4 Future Perfect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:56 AM

View Postkiller panzer, on 26 June 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

no, a command consol is used by a field commander to issue troops on the field in the firefight. in TT, it can also be used as a backup cockpit if the primary is killed, ie the commander takes control. its more like a radio intercept officer in the F-14 in appearance.

i know the admins frown on this, but here is a link to the BT wiki about the command console

Ah, I see.

#5 Devils Wrath

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:00 AM

What every good soldier needs....a second pair of eyes and a back-up plan. LOL

#6 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

Anyone knows what mech variants, besides the Atlas AS7-D-DC, have Command Console? (not in MWO, in TT)

#7 Potato0707

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostShadowDarter, on 26 June 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

This might come under the NDA of those that know this information..

So don't expect a answer until open Beta.

First of all, the "you don't have to be in beta to access the MWO wiki" wiki says that the AS7-D-DC exists, and aside from the regular AS7-D, has a "command console", it's a legitimate question, and deserves a non-weenie answer, and I'm curious as well, because not even the BT wiki explains what it does in any computer game, be it 1, 2, 3, or 4

#8 latdheretic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

In TT the command console provides your team with a +2 bonus to initiative. It is definitely a command type equipment like C3 but how that is going to translate into MWO is not yet know.

#9 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

BLR-1C - This rare Star League era command version of the BattleMaster mounted a Command Console and was equipped with Double Heat Sinks. The Machine Guns have been removed. House Kurita received at least one such vehicle from ComStar in full working condition, unmodified and without downgrades, and it served as Theodore Kurita's command vehicle (piloted by Fuhito Tetsuhara) on Exeter in the War of 3039.

#10 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeft behind as a smoking ruin on Tukayyid

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Thats it? We need a sticky updating & detailing the 'still not in effect' equipment...

#11 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

I would suggest checking the announcements that are pinned at the top of the forums. If it isn't there try searching.

#12 Lad

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Anyone figure out exactly how it works, and what it does?

#13 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostLad, on 24 October 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Anyone figure out exactly how it works, and what it does?

its a place holder for now but it takes up weight like ECM and the Beagle so its best to remove it and to recover those lost 3 tons.

#14 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

well they'll most likely implement it as a second chance type of buff for heavy mechs, since the head is the least armored most enemies will try to aim for it. the CConsole will most likely be a second head just in case some guassmech gets lucky and shears the first pit out. it can be interesting with the second "pilot's" viewscreen as either a different viewpoint (ie. the chest of the mech) or in a darkroom with a different colorscheme (probably not).

#15 Kaylos Thex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

View Postgavilatius, on 24 October 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

well they'll most likely implement it as a second chance type of buff for heavy mechs, since the head is the least armored most enemies will try to aim for it. the CConsole will most likely be a second head just in case some guassmech gets lucky and shears the first pit out. it can be interesting with the second "pilot's" viewscreen as either a different viewpoint (ie. the chest of the mech) or in a darkroom with a different colorscheme (probably not).

More likely if they did that, It would be from the "right eye" of the skull.
A mirror image of the virtual cockpit they already have, which is offset to the left side of the skull as the right seems to be a sensor of some type.

#16 Raze RoughNeck

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 39 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAbilene, Texas; United States

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

In the pc gamer it mentions that the command console will be used mainly in conquest(a new drop type to be implemented). The command console will allow the MechWarrior to drop turrets, call in air spy like drones, air strikes and artillery strikes.

#17 SL the Pyro

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationI snuck into your room as you read this sentence.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostRaze RoughNeck, on 24 October 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

In the pc gamer it mentions that the command console will be used mainly in conquest(a new drop type to be implemented). The command console will allow the MechWarrior to drop turrets, call in air spy like drones, air strikes and artillery strikes.

If that's true, then I think I'm going to enjoy it alot. All I ever use are Assault mechs. :)

#18 Flump

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 24 October 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

its a place holder for now but it takes up weight like ECM and the Beagle so its best to remove it and to recover those lost 3 tons.

Is this still true now in Open Beta?

#19 Alfred VonGunn

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Yes.. currently no effect other then tonnage... I expect it to in time work with teh Command Modules they talked about.. Maybe even allow a Team CO to have more input on the map, maybe call targets that light up for the entire team ect... Allowing Teams with people NOT in chat to still see the focus fire target..

#20 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

I hope Command Console will allow to split team in two/three - with both Marker and a waypoint system for mechs.

Given more information about the enemy position rather than red arrows.

With the actual map and the waypoint system it is really hard to command all the different Mech Types... a waypoint for example that is set for defense and heavy/assault mechs shouldn't be used by light or fast medium Mechs...they have to flank or harass enemy positions...

hope to see a good tool to allow those settings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users