#21 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 12 December 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

... Why do people think we will follow zellbrigen? First you have no way to easily identify to an opposing force who is challenging who aside from chat which takes away a lot of time. Unless you have a twelve man you cannot easily Id your challenge to your team.

Plus the Clans are not at the severe advantage that was the reason for the implementation of zellbrigen in Battletech. CGBI would love to figure out a system for zellbrigen in community warfare, sadly, like in lore, few opponents would follow it, and would take advantage of it.

OT I agree we need a unified front of the Clans to focus on taking worlds from the inner sphere.

No arguments here. Zell can be applied when all players involved in a match are part of Clan units that agree. Otherwise play to win. And we do NOT need Clan in-fighting right now. IS with their mercs outnumber us handily.

#22 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

IS lights are soooo much better... lol... what usually 4% of players are lights until a good one actually logs in and inspires others? ROFL

Give me capture the flag, then IS lights are better.

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 12 December 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#23 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

LOL. NO.

Mercstar is taking Skallevol tonight

Edited by HBizzle, 12 December 2014 - 05:15 PM.

#24 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

Knew it wouldn't be long before Clan Troll came out of hiding. :ph34r:

#25 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 12 December 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

LOL. NO.

Good luck.

#26 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 December 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

I eat King Crabs for lunch in my Dakka Wolf. The thing can make an entire lance retreat screaming for cover. And the Timber Wolf.. speed of a medium, firepower and resistance of an assault mech - it couldn't be better. But I have to agree about the lack of real light mechs (is not that Clan lights are bad, the problem is the IS light are unnaturally too fast).

If you are losing battles because you have less players, PGI needs to review how CW matchmaking works.

I will eventually be joining the Clans, anyway. Playing with omnimechs is much more interesting.

i love how IS pilots make these claims about our mechs yet don't use them in CW.

View PostM4NTiC0R3X, on 12 December 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

IS lights are soooo much better... lol... what usually 4% of players are lights until a good one actually logs in and inspires others? ROFL

Give me capture the flag, then IS lights are better.

your so full of shitte, the single que last night was 19% lights where u get these 4% stats from is utter shitte anyone can claim this kinda crap but lgihts flux like every other weight class, so it's not friggin 4% what utter lies

View PostOdanan, on 12 December 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

No, you aren't at disadvantage.

You still have the best heavy (Timber Wolf), medium (Stormcrow) and assault (Dire Wolf) mechs of the game. Your XL engines don't blow with the loss of one side torso and your weapons still weight less, do more damage and have better range. And besides having better mechs, you are fighting with the same drop weight and using the same dishonorable artillery/air strike.

So much for zellbrigen.

Well first free birth scum, Zellbrigen only applies to those who fight with honour, you show me you fight with honour and i'll use Zellbrigen, till then i'll scrap you off the feet of my mech as i stomp on your guts

#27 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 12 December 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

LOL. NO.

tonight as in tomorrow night?

#28 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:00 PM

I'm so glad CW has brought us all closer together as a community.

#29 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:41 PM

This thread lol.

We took Apollo. We ran probably over 60 matches on it. We only lost 1. However, during our multiple 4mans we ran into other CJF units. I'm sure this applies across all clans, but the reason that some units aren't doing well is that they're using bad builds and bad playstyles, and this made it ridiculously hard to take that stupid planet. Clans are incredibly more effective than the IS if you don't bring things like 4 Ice Ferrets or rush against IS mechs in laservomit builds. Or completely fail to reposition with superior speed. Or suck at tanking. Gyrok has been arguing that clans were underpowered since they were released, and I hope that other units don't try to use that as an excuse as to why they aren't performing well, because it simply isn't the case. You can ask any successful clan unit that and they'll tell you the same thing. Or you can wallow in your wrongness. Either one I suppose.

Anyways, I don't care personally care about infighting, but Lords will mainly be focusing on Steiner currently. Eventually we'll go through FRR into CGB, but for now, Steiner. The other strong CJF units are following suit.

Edited by Adiuvo, 12 December 2014 - 10:42 PM.

#30 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

View PostPoptimus Rhyme, on 12 December 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

Nope...as in took. Tonight.

#31 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:16 AM

View PostAodh, on 13 December 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

Nope...as in took. Tonight.

#32 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:22 AM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 12 December 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

I do agree that at this point we should refrain from any in fighting amongst ourselves. Im sure we all know that any other critical subjects should be handled on, lets say the Strana Mechty ts server, as the freebirths can come and go here at will. Not to memtion how good they are at derailing a subject.

Guys, stop by any time us Smoke Adders are mostly EST though. We are having trouble at this time keeping territory from CGB, we need to turn out guns on the IS and stop this land grab at our front doors for now.

That can come later... :ph34r:

As far as i know we are trying to keep what we have from CGB and trying to assault Davion as much as possible on all fronts.

Strana Mechty TS
IP: 198.37.118.56
PW: StranaMechty

Edited by DarthRevis, 13 December 2014 - 03:25 AM.

#33 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostJoanna Conners, on 12 December 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

Good luck.

Didn't need luck. LOL.

View PostPoptimus Rhyme, on 12 December 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

Been took!

#34 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostGriggio, on 12 December 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

Knew it wouldn't be long before Clan Troll came out of hiding. :ph34r:

Will wear this badge with pride.

#35 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostGyrok, on 12 December 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

We should be projecting a united front as clans. Infighting is only going to cost us taking worlds. If we spend time attacking each other, we will not be taking planets of the IS and only the few worlds we already possess will stay in our possession.

So, even though worlds may be available to attack amongst ourselves, we should be focusing on common goals.

After last night, this will be an uphill battle to be sure. I am not sure anyone successfully took any worlds at all considering even the lords were not out gaining the IS success rates. We are outnumbered trothkin. The enemy possesses spies in our ranks who have tuned our weapons poorly, so we are at a general disadvantage for tech at this point. We need to coordinate together strongly to take these worlds.

are you sick of ghost bear beating you around?
sorry we wont stop, MercStar never stops

Edited by hybrid black, 13 December 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#36 Azerius Mezinar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostGyrok, on 12 December 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

Those being the best in their weight classes are all debatable, save the SCR, and even then, I would say that the IS mechs are not far behind...(see: WVR with "God Hand" quirks)

The KGC is better than the DW, pretty much outright. 60 PP FLD Alpha inside 300m is better than spraying 100 2 damage rounds at a mech any time.

The TBR is good, but only at being versatile. There are mechs in the IS that out perform the TW at their specialties.

Getting pretty sick of the "Clans are far superior" BS...if you had paid any attention, it really is not true anymore...

When IS mechs are quirked to the point they out perform clans with STD engines...you cannot say we are more survivable...

No clan medium can tank like a YLW for example. With quirks, I would even say if it had JJs it might be the best medium in the game...again.

Clans have no lights to compete. IS lights are greater than ours across the board.

As for having an advantage...well, considering that we do not have enough teams to repel attackers completely, there is no way we can not suffer countless matches where there are no defenders, hence losing worlds we may have held otherwise. With tech being so close, the fact that we are outnumbered severely, and everyone wants a piece of the clans, means we may not even be able to hold what we have, let alone actually take any worlds.

All it takes to be unable to take a planet is to have 1 more team attacking than you have defending. The attackers will get free victories for every match they drop that you cannot defend. Regardless of tech advantages, population is the big difference maker here...and while we have some numbers...an organized House Davion could control the entire map by itself by sheer numbers.

Without logistics to limit these things, it will not be a war of attrition, it will be a war of throwing cannon fodder numbers at a lesser force to take planets.

I strongly concur with Gyrok on this one. NONE of the groups I ran with yesterday were even able to score a single victory against the defending Innersphere groups, and not only that, but the Innersphere players had led on the kill count on a 2-1 ratio, in our BEST GAMES!. Many players on the I.S. had exhausted, at most, only 2 of their 4 mechs, while we had exhausted 3 or more...

That being said, I second Gyrok's motion for unity among the Clans. We can't be infighting one-another like our counterparts in the lore did.

#37 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostGyrok, on 12 December 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

We should be projecting a united front as clans. Infighting is only going to cost us taking worlds. If we spend time attacking each other, we will not be taking planets of the IS and only the few worlds we already possess will stay in our possession.

So, even though worlds may be available to attack amongst ourselves, we should be focusing on common goals.

After last night, this will be an uphill battle to be sure. I am not sure anyone successfully took any worlds at all considering even the lords were not out gaining the IS success rates. We are outnumbered trothkin. The enemy possesses spies in our ranks who have tuned our weapons poorly, so we are at a general disadvantage for tech at this point. We need to coordinate together strongly to take these worlds.

we have been taking one of yours a day one IS and one CSJ since its all we can take so count your self lucky you don't have one planet

#38 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

Lol, it's the way of clans. Plus the GB's turn filthy warden traitor soon enough so might as well hate on them sooner then later :)

#39 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

A Wolf calling a warden a 'traitor.'

I weep for the misguided Wolves under Vlad.

#40 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

I weep for those who follow the traitor Ulric.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users