+++ News From The Front +++

251 replies to this topic

#201 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:48 AM

Quick question. Can anyone direct me to a thread where you can see the overall gains/losses in numbers? Has anyone done something like that?

And as always...keep up the good work.

#202 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:58 AM

Special update: a "thirty days overview" of the Clan Invasion.

I have prepared a low version (viewable, 3,7 mb) and a high quality version (hidden, 8,1 mb).

Low version
Posted Image

High quality version
Spoiler

Sorry for the different qualities of the map, I made the screenshots on different computers.

#203 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:54 PM

Good God... Please... Enough of using those betty voice systems. :angry:. I rather hear a real voice actress reporting than what ive been hearing on audio. Even this YouTube news was worse. it cant pronounce things right.

#204 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:59 AM

Thanks for this great addition. I edited my first post and put in links to Tennex' time lapse and Hann Solo's IS news channel. Great work and it's nice to see that the information war increases every week.

Quote:
Two more useful additions to this news-thread:

If you want to see the progress between day 1 and today, please watch Tennex' thread:
CW time lapse

And Hann Solo is doing a weekly IS-news Youtube video, please visit his channel:
Inner Sphere News Week

#205 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:24 AM

This is the daily report from the military intelligence service.
(these maps don't include the new map after the last ceasefire)

Houses report
This is the map at Day 31, Start +738h
Spoiler

And this is the map at Day 32, Start +760h
Spoiler

Here you can see the progress of conquering (during the last 22 hours).
Posted Image

Won/lost territory

Steiner lost territory against Jade Falcons.
Steiner lost territory against Marik.

Marik won territory against Steiner.
Marik won territory against Davion.

Davion won territory against Liao.
Davion lost territory against Liao.
Davion lost territory against Marik.

FRR won territory against Wolf.
FRR lost territory against Ghost Bears.

Kurita lost territory against Smoke Jaguars.

Liao won territory against Davion.
Liao lost territory against Davion.

Jade Falcons won territory against Steiner.

Ghost Bears won territory against FRR.

Wolf lost territory against FRR.

Smoke Jaguars won territory against Kurita.

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 13 January 2015 - 08:25 AM.

#206 RedSail

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 137 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

++ Incoming Merc News Broadcast ++
https://soundcloud.c...erc-news-jan-15

Get daily news on twitter by following @mwomercnews

Merc News is a Beer Warrior Production. Join us at beerwarriors.net

#207 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostRedSail, on 15 January 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

++ Incoming Merc News Broadcast ++
https://soundcloud.c...erc-news-jan-15

Get daily news on twitter by following @mwomercnews

Merc News is a Beer Warrior Production. Join us at beerwarriors.net

I love the format you guys use - just cannot stand listening to another Siri/Cortana....I turned that off on my phone for a reason, lol

#208 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

These are the reports from the last three days.

Houses report
This is the map at Day 33, Start +788h (before ceasefire)
Spoiler

This is the map at Day 34, Start +788h (after ceasefire)
Spoiler

This is the map at Day 35, Start +834h
Spoiler

#209 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

These are the reports from the last four days, including today.

Houses report
This is the map at Day 36, Start +850h
Spoiler

This is the map at Day 37, Start +878h
Spoiler

This is the map at Day 38, Start +901h
Spoiler

This is the map at Day 39, Start +920h
Spoiler

#210 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:43 AM

I decided to quit the front news because of the new patch. It's impossible to give you the news without any lack of information.
The new patch was necessary and an improvement to the gameplay but also a death sentence for this kind of news.

Feel free to use this thread to post your own news and to collect links of other information threads (I will always try to update my first post to link the best information threads of this forum).

I will also try to make random news (maybe a long term animation of the CW). The most important task of this thread was the idea that we need something like "propaganda threads", "information warfare" and "news". And the community created a lot of these threads, blogs, programms and other stuff.

Thanks for reading this thread for forty days now. It was fun to make this thread and thank you all for your participation and dedication to make this thread better.

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 22 January 2015 - 05:20 PM.

#211 MonkeyDCecil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

https://soundcloud.com/merc-radio

#212 Merit Lef

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:38 AM

Thanks for putting this all together. Enjoy the reads. And thanks Monkey for the link to MercNews.

#213 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:02 AM

I know what you mean Catalina. The new patch has made the MWO news gig a lot tougher.

There is a great reddit post created by a Bot these days that goes out every day by ComstarBattleReports. Latest one can be found HERE

For the Comstar Chronicle, I am only updating the time-lapse map once a day but I've added a Clan Invasion Daily Report to the CC as well as posting it on the MWO forums HERE

Not as comprehensive as your reports, they just focus on the Clan front, but hopefully it will be enough to satisfy our fellow MWO pilots.

#214 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostDracol, on 23 January 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

I know what you mean Catalina. The new patch has made the MWO news gig a lot tougher.

There is a great reddit post created by a Bot these days that goes out every day by ComstarBattleReports. Latest one can be found HERE

For the Comstar Chronicle, I am only updating the time-lapse map once a day but I've added a Clan Invasion Daily Report to the CC as well as posting it on the MWO forums HERE

Not as comprehensive as your reports, they just focus on the Clan front, but hopefully it will be enough to satisfy our fellow MWO pilots.

Thanks Catalina, you did some great work and it was always fun to read your news.

Dracol, CC is great too, you are all doing this for the betterment of the game. I applaud you all.

#215 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

Thanks Catalina for your efforts! :-) Really enjoyed this, but completely understand how three changes of the fronts per day can be tough to keep up on! I admit I have not been following any of the other "broadcasters", so I will start checking some of them out. Since I usually do my "update" checks using my mobile phone, is there any particular one that stands out as being better for that device?

#216 Corbon Zackery

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

The dragons should be throwing money at mercs with shovel they need a lot of help. Best case the mercs make a lot of money worst care the population eats rice for a decade.

Seriously there is no hope for Draconis Combine right now. Soon to be renamed slaves of the Clans.

Edited by Corbon Zackery, 29 January 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#217 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

DC will merge with the Smoke Jags and be known as the Smoke Jaguar Dominion.

#218 RedSail

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 137 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:23 PM

Merc News Feb 5 https://soundcloud.c...merc-news-feb-5

#219 Evogenesis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:29 AM

>>>Incoming Transmission from SoloCorp Media Inc<<<

Bringing you the latest and greatest in news and entertainment from around the galaxy and into your home. The definitive source, proudly broadcast from the Free Worlds League.

---BREAKING NEWS---

The Conference of Wazan

The sheer speed and success of the Clan invasion has caught everyone by surprise. The FRR is facing extinction. Both the Draconis Combine and Lyran Commonwealth are suffering huge losses. To counter this existential threat delegates from House Loyalist Units and Loyalist Mercs gathered on Wazan. For the first time in centuries the dream of a new Star League was alive among all citizens of the Inner Sphere as the delegates ratified the creation of the new body. It is hoped that a new spirit of cooperation will lead to better quality battles across the Inner Sphere and Clan borders.

Notably absent from the proceedings at Wazan was the influential galactic powerbroker MercStar. The Mercenary Star Coalition is an alliance of highly skilled merc units which has so far led a controversial policy of supporting both Clan and IS factions. Amid accusations and counteraccusations a breakdown in talks between the budding coalition and MS is potentially setting the stage for future battles to come.

---Brought to you by SoloCorp Media – Where Your Business is Our Business ---

#220 Greyhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 894 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:30 AM

I think that they are missing a trick on CW for community involvement and creating a narrative for the game. I think what they should do is have a ticker type feed (or a twitter feed) stating what planets have been lost. The site should also have a potted history of each of the factionThen they could ask players to submit their reports from the field in sort of a journalistic stlye (or make up stories regarding the fighting or political events.links to videos could be used as part of the reporting.I was thinking about CW and wondered if there was a news site that gave reports on what was going on.

I think that they are missing a trick on CW for community involvement and creating a narrative for the game.

I think what they should do is have a ticker type feed (or a twitter feed) stating what planets have been lost. The site should also have a potted history of each of the faction.

Then they could ask players to submit their reports from the field in sort of a journalistic stlye (or make up stories regarding the fighting or political events. links to videos could be used as part of the reporting.

Anyway something to set it up in the style of this is a news site reporting on what is happening and giving a natrative to it. I am sure the battletech universe has all of these sort of things in a timeline somewhere.

It would provide a place for infomation to new players and a flavour of the universe and provide an outlet for players and units to post stuff and get noticed.
Anyway something to set it up in the style of this is a news site reporting on what is happening and giving a natrative to it. I sure the battletech universe has all of these sort of things in a timeline somewhere.
It would provide a place for infomation to new players and a flavour of the universe and provide an outlet for players and units to post stuff and get noticed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users