97 replies to this topic

#81 DEN_Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

BAGr Group is getting pissed off over here because we keep seeing red alerts on New Earth. Trying to fight the clans and do something meaningful. Seriously need a way to blacklist the dissenting merc groups. This includes the troublemaking Steiner ones that keep trying to take freaking Graham.

A high command my kingdom for a high command!

Edited by Tichorius Davion, 20 December 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#82 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostSaxie, on 20 December 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

Grendel has never struck me as the unreasonable type, Vettie, as I've worked with him before. Is there a way gentlemen/ladies we can hit the reset button here, we all started off on the wrong foot. The better we can work together the more powerful we as a faction become.

~Saxie -MS-

Saxie, I have followed many of your posts since (possibly) Closed Beta. I have respected your point of view whether I agreed or not with your position. You and i have never had conflict or even a disagreement as far as I know. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I did not say Grendel was unreasonable. As a Leader of a Unit I asked him via PM to meet so we could discuss the actions / statements of our pilots in this thread. My pilot has apologized for his 'stirring' the pot continuously. My pilot has his opinion and is entitled to them, but should know where to draw the line. He, nor I made any statements concerning another Unit nor did we speak on behalf of any other unit.

I feel certain that if Grendel's UNIT or his pilot was 'attacked' on this or any forum , that he would have gone into defensive mode for his unit and his pilot. That is what I did.

Speaking derogatory of another unit or pilot is not something I condone, nor something I tolerate from my own pilots and I would take that issue up with any unit leader regarding his pilot if it were made at my guy or unit. I expect most would do the same.

I have no problem with a reset and as mentioned intend to confer with some Unit Leaders. I appreciate your defense of Grendel. I appreciate your concern.

#83 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

View Postvettie, on 20 December 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

I feel certain that if Grendel's UNIT or his pilot was 'attacked' on this or any forum , that he would have gone into defensive mode for his unit and his pilot. That is what I did.

Speaking derogatory of another unit or pilot is not something I condone, nor something I tolerate from my own pilots and I would take that issue up with any unit leader regarding his pilot if it were made at my guy or unit. I expect most would do the same.

I would defend the pilot or unit as needed. But I do not condone behavior MWO would also consider against their rules of conduct and have reminded my team I would report their conduct just the same as some random dude on the forums here. Consider your comment about derogatory comments and what was conveyed to me. Attitudes and tempers flare, I get that.

Unit leaders need to be the example to follow by. Not once did I insult you privately, or here. We're a community of folks who have to work together for a greater good. Unfortunately, sometimes **** happens and things like this pop up. If I wanted to deal with drama, I'd go back to high school. Be glad I didn't report that statement.

Now, as I said before. Let's all drop the animosity and bullshit and start working collectively. Davion and Steiner working together is a good thing given the balance. Yes, it's canon... but how can that not work well for us here too? As I told my boss at work one time, "I don't have to like someone personally in order to work with them, work is work, and not everyone is going to like me. I'm blunt, direct, and sprinkle some sarcasm on ****."

Moving on... let's focus on the greater good of things:
Marik/Liao, the Clans... because of they hit too hard along the Clan front.

If the Clans push too much along the Kurita front, where do you think they are going to push toward? Davion. If they push too much on Steiner without our help, they get sandwiched between Marik and Falcons and Wolves while the FRR get gobbled up. Not good either. Davion has Liao and Marik to contend with, along with assisting on the Clan front. Without some sort of coordination, Davion is going to get sandwiched as well... if both Davion and Steiner allow that, it's going to be hard to get out of.

With Liao, Marik, and Kurita allied in their own canon alliance makes our situation a precarious one at best if we don't focus. All the while, the whole IS needs to fight the Clans. Welcome to the 31st century.

#84 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:33 PM

While composing a PM to a couple of leaders that invited the Blood Pearls for some talks I had a bit of an Idea.

Take it for what it is worth.

Altho there is a coalition of units here working on a Non Aggressive Pact with Steiner, as evidenced by this thread alone, not ALL Davion supporters are aware of this. My unit was certainly not aware. Not all units read the forum, except to look for sales, events, upcoming patches and patch notes. Can not force them to do so and there is nothing in game that makes a pilot or leader 'go look'. Most just want to play the game and have some fun.

That being said, I purpose that the units here start an OutReach Program. That is reach out to the Davion supporters that have not joined in or may not be aware of this Pact (as we were) and get them on board. Even the smallest 2 to 4 man groups can help out. I see some 4 mans (maybe pugs, maybe not) attacking New Earth. It may be they just want to play. It my be they dont know.

Simple enough to do, every Davion pilot / leader you see in a CW drop (if you are not in a 12 man) jot them down and send them a PM to discuss what it is you / we are trying to do. I am positive some will happily join in. Obviously there will be some that dont care and wont join in or abide.

Again, just a suggestion for what it is worth...

#85 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

Honestly I think this got taken out of proportion. It took a couple of days to get everyone up to date and onboard. That's not to big a deal.

We have a very, very strong alliance with Steiner. Liao and Marik as well as Kurita have alliances as long as it suits them; Steiner and Davion have ties that run deep. I think we all overreacted to some degree and things are quickly falling together.

Next focus is party on Atreus. Steiner brings the beer, Davion brings the wine, Marik brings the women.

Doesn't that sound like a great plan?

Edited by MischiefSC, 20 December 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#86 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 December 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

Honestly I think this got taken out of proportion. It took a couple of days to get everyone up to date and onboard. That's not to big a deal.

We have a very, very strong alliance with Steiner. Liao and Marik as well as Kurita have alliances as long as it suits them; Steiner and Davion have ties that run deep. I think we all overreacted to some degree and things are quickly falling together.

Next focus is party on Atreus. Steiner brings the beer, Davion brings the wine, Marik brings the women.

Doesn't that sound like a great plan?

Exactly. I was merely trying to get the word out. I realize I was a little brusque about it, but I was also in the middle of a multi-hour campaign against Marik and if I were actually angry about it, it would have been along the lines of "Cut it out, you ***d*mn m&*%$#@%&*#$@!"

#87 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

View PostValar13, on 18 December 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Whoever is attacking New Earth needs to stop. You're endangering the integrity of the united Federated Commonwealth. We're fighting on every front as it is. We do NOT need to provoke a civil war with Steiner.

Cut it out.

Who knew people won't/ don't give a ****! Bring on single player / co-or baby where we all can be armchair commanders!

THERE IS NO CEASE FIRES THERE IS JUST WAR GET GOOD!

Edited by Imperius, 20 December 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#88 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

View PostImperius, on 20 December 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

Who knew people won't/ don't give a ****! Bring on single player / co-or baby where we all can be armchair commanders!

THERE IS NO CEASE FIRES THERE IS JUST WAR GET GOOD!

Enjoy the long queues followed by brutal face-stomps on the Steiner front, pug!

#89 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

You have no idea how bad Steiner is apparently

#90 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:00 PM

View PostValar13, on 18 December 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Whoever is attacking New Earth needs to stop. You're endangering the integrity of the united Federated Commonwealth. We're fighting on every front as it is. We do NOT need to provoke a civil war with Steiner.

Cut it out.

you mean like the nubs that ghost skilled rigel?

#91 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

View PostMycrus, on 20 December 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

you mean like the nubs that ghost skilled rigel?

That was in the first day and before the truce was formally worked out.

View PostImperius, on 20 December 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

You have no idea how bad Steiner is apparently

Tell that to 228.

#92 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostValar13, on 21 December 2014 - 02:29 AM, said:

Tell that to 228.

Hard to say anything when your mouth is stuffed with charged particles the moment you open it.

#93 Liam Avery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Steiner Space. Fighting the Clans.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

Can't we all just get along and glass some Kuritan worlds? I do mean scorched earth policy...

#94 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

Posted Image

#95 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:55 PM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 20 December 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

BAGr Group is getting pissed off over here because we keep seeing red alerts on New Earth. Trying to fight the clans and do something meaningful. Seriously need a way to blacklist the dissenting merc groups. This includes the troublemaking Steiner ones that keep trying to take freaking Graham.

A high command my kingdom for a high command!

We might want to send a couple of players to those planets as PUGs so we can find out who is still attacking and ask them to stop.

#96 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

View PostColonel Cody, on 19 December 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

Would it be that hard for them to impose game based restrictions for units marked as Davion, only able to attack planets along their own planets? I encountered the Smoke Jags on a Liao planet the other night. REALLY should not be taking place like that.

Thats impossible, Smoke Jags can only attack Kurita space. You were mistaken if thats what you thought.

#97 St0neFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, US

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 21 December 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

"They are dates, you eat um"

#98 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:22 PM

I can see how some units got missed on this. The Warpigs are one of the oldest ruining units playing right now and when this Davion alliance first started we didn't know anything about it. I like the idea of some of us dropping with the pugs to get some names and get them informed. The more pugs and small units we get on board the better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users