• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

View Postvettie, on 19 December 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

Snip

I don't mind you defending your guy, you're a leader that's what you are supposed to do. From the days of being a diplomatic contact with other units you would have to realize that people will say things and it looks bad on the unit. Anytime anything is said it will reflect on a unit as a whole. I keep this in mind as I know in part I represent The Forsaken Few, and MercStar. I would invoke certain names of folks in highly competitive groups that have soured the name for their clan for a while to come. His role in your unit would have been to ask the powers to be or have the powers to be (you) get updated on the situation. I'm in MS we just arrived here (Yesterday), other than one one drop with 228 which was later declared as a scrim MS has yet to attack Steiner territory, the unit as a whole was well aware of the Diplomatic relations between the two groups.

Vettie from what I have gathered, no Banner flag can control the pugs. For the most part it seems the units are leaving them to their devices. However I would think that even a leader you can see the agreements like cease fires etc would be respected and people would get angry upset if they didnt.

I just noticed that Illumin did the right thing initially he said sorry for the headaches, but he deleted the post.

~Saxie -MS-

Edited by Saxie, 19 December 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#62 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostSaxie, on 19 December 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

I don't mind you defending your guy, you're a leader that's what you are supposed to do. From the days of being a diplomatic contact with other units you would have to realize that people will say things and it looks bad on the unit. Anytime anything is said it will reflect on a unit as a whole. I keep this in mind as I know in part I represent The Forsaken Few, and MercStar. I would invoke certain names of folks in highly competitive groups that have soured the name for their clan for a while to come. His role in your unit would have been to ask the powers to be or have the powers to be (you) get updated on the situation. I'm in MS we just arrived here (Yesterday), other than one one drop with 228 which was later declared as a scrim MS has yet to attack Steiner territory, the unit as a whole was well aware of the Diplomatic relations between the two groups.

Vettie from what I have gathered, no Banner flag can control the pugs. For the most part it seems the units are leaving them to their devices. However I would think that even a leader you can see the agreements like cease fires etc would be respected and people would get angry upset if they didnt.

I just noticed that Illumin did the right thing initially he said sorry for the headaches, but he deleted the post.

~Saxie -MS-

All I said I didn't see any units come to BP saying hey you are invited to partake in this treaty with steiner. and I did i meant to edit the post but i deleted it on accident. sorry for the headaches but I still think its unfair to those that opted in with davion and wanted to fight steiners as davions.

Edited by IIIuminaughty, 19 December 2014 - 07:05 PM.

#63 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

Said it before, will say it again - we need an official process for dealing with false flag and non-conformance for treaties. World exchanges, etc. Longer this goes on the more people will look for sneaky tricks.

#64 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:38 PM

So if I understand this correctly, what the Blood Pearls are saying is basically "You're not the boss of us! We don't even like you! You have stupid hair! Screw you guys, we're not playing with you even if we're supposed to be on the same team!"

Ok, glad we got that straightened out. I can't imagine how those of us who are trying to take this a little more seriously will manage without you, but I'm sure we'll soldier on.

#65 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:59 PM

View PostIIIuminaughty, on 19 December 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

All I said I didn't see any units come to BP saying hey you are invited to partake in this treaty with steiner. and I did i meant to edit the post but i deleted it on accident. sorry for the headaches but I still think its unfair to those that opted in with davion and wanted to fight steiners as davions.

No one asked BP because no one is in charge of acting as a liaison between units. If there was a centralized command and control guiding all units, you would have a case. However, this is a community effort, plain and simple. A gentleman's agreement.

Taking offense to feeling left out makes no sense. By that logic, all pugs should take offense because they somehow didn't get the memo.

This is a strategic decision made by the majority of the units who use the board. The word has gotten out mostly from the boards, and secondly by word of mouth.

My final point is this; We NEED this truce. Davion is beset on all sides by enemies. We don't need another enemy, especially a strong one. Steiner + Davion is a strong counter for the Marik/Liao/Kurita situation we currently find ourselves in.

Edited by Greenjulius, 19 December 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#66 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:01 PM

View PostHarathan, on 19 December 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

So if I understand this correctly, what the Blood Pearls are saying is basically "You're not the boss of us! We don't even like you! You have stupid hair! Screw you guys, we're not playing with you even if we're supposed to be on the same team!"

Ok, glad we got that straightened out. I can't imagine how those of us who are trying to take this a little more seriously will manage without you, but I'm sure we'll soldier on.

#67 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostSaxie, on 19 December 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

~Saxie -MS-

Saxie (and others), you are correct in that he is my pilot and I will defend him and our unit. We will also deal with him in our own manner. As you are aware, that is part of being a leader. He did post an apology and in his last post mentions it again.

Since my last post on this thread, I have received 1 pm, an invitation to join another units comms to discuss the Steiner Alliance. 1 pm. I appreciate the offer from that person and that unit. I will respond to the PM and also set up the meeting to attend sometime over the weekend if possible..

I have no problem following the wishes of my employer (if I am in agreement with those desires) and the members of the Blood Pearls are very good at following the lead set up by the commander(s). I am positive that if we elect to join in the 'peace' talks that my pilots will abide.

View PostMischiefSC, on 19 December 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Said it before, will say it again - we need an official process for dealing with false flag and non-conformance for treaties. World exchanges, etc. Longer this goes on the more people will look for sneaky tricks.

Mischief, I agree that there should be something in place to set up alliances and to punish those that break it. I can assure you that the Blood Pearls fly no false flags. Currently, we are not under any treaty or alliance except with one unit and they have not expressed any requirements regarding Steiner space at this time. One of our other commanders is on their comms discussing this situation currently.

View PostHarathan, on 19 December 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

You can go... Never mind not worthy of a reply.
No, I think I will reply. You did get part of your post correct - You are not the boss of us and I dont like you.
The rest of you post is meaningless.

To the rest of the readers/ posters on here let me state something for the record.

THIS is a GAME. The IDEA is to have fun. That is the main objective of the Blood Pearls.

I have made many a personal / online friends playing MW since MW2 days. Many of those friendships still exist today.

As far as MWO, I have played against many units including lots of Liao and Marik units. We have some close friends that are allied with these Houses in MWO. To be honest, I enjoy playing with and against (some of) these more so than our current alliance. The teams we have met / played seem to be very good sportsman and damn good MechWarriors and they also realize this as about fun and dont get their depends all soiled if someone says something against what they want.

Personally, dont care if we are invited are not (the one I was invited too, i will attend). Team wise, we will do what is best for our current affiliation. I seriously doubt that we will even cross paths in game as it is. I am not asking any of you to like us. I personally dont care.If you do great, if you dont, great, not going to affect my fun in any manner.

#68 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

Well, statements made, offensive and defensive posts made, apologies and explanations made, piling on, clever retorts, obligatory gifs that are always cooler than the ones I can find....Heck, we even got into suggestions for things that PGI could do to circumvent this sort of thing.... I guess that pretty much runs the course on this thread, huh? lol.

Looking forward to seeing the Blood Pearls in the near future, whether its on a TS somewhere, or out on the field (preferrably on the same side)

{S}

#69 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

View Postvettie, on 19 December 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

Saxie (and others), you are correct in that he is my pilot and I will defend him and our unit. We will also deal with him in our own manner. As you are aware, that is part of being a leader. He did post an apology and in his last post mentions it again.

Since my last post on this thread, I have received 1 pm, an invitation to join another units comms to discuss the Steiner Alliance. 1 pm. I appreciate the offer from that person and that unit. I will respond to the PM and also set up the meeting to attend sometime over the weekend if possible..

I have no problem following the wishes of my employer (if I am in agreement with those desires) and the members of the Blood Pearls are very good at following the lead set up by the commander(s). I am positive that if we elect to join in the 'peace' talks that my pilots will abide.

Mischief, I agree that there should be something in place to set up alliances and to punish those that break it. I can assure you that the Blood Pearls fly no false flags. Currently, we are not under any treaty or alliance except with one unit and they have not expressed any requirements regarding Steiner space at this time. One of our other commanders is on their comms discussing this situation currently.

You can go... Never mind not worthy of a reply.
No, I think I will reply. You did get part of your post correct - You are not the boss of us and I dont like you.
The rest of you post is meaningless.

To the rest of the readers/ posters on here let me state something for the record.

THIS is a GAME. The IDEA is to have fun. That is the main objective of the Blood Pearls.

I have made many a personal / online friends playing MW since MW2 days. Many of those friendships still exist today.

As far as MWO, I have played against many units including lots of Liao and Marik units. We have some close friends that are allied with these Houses in MWO. To be honest, I enjoy playing with and against (some of) these more so than our current alliance. The teams we have met / played seem to be very good sportsman and damn good MechWarriors and they also realize this as about fun and dont get their depends all soiled if someone says something against what they want.

Personally, dont care if we are invited are not (the one I was invited too, i will attend). Team wise, we will do what is best for our current affiliation. I seriously doubt that we will even cross paths in game as it is. I am not asking any of you to like us. I personally dont care.If you do great, if you dont, great, not going to affect my fun in any manner.

I really appreciate you stepping up and speaking on behalf of your unit. No issues with BP now that you've stepped forward and spoken for your unit. It can get confusing when someone comes across as speaking for themselves and their unit when that's not the case.

My concern is overall in the long run. We're a week into CW and people are just starting to learn its ins and outs. False flag units strike me as a concern that will likely grow over time so I thought it'd bring it up here.

As to getting ahold of units, the only way is just getting on the Davion TS and yelling 'hey, anyone know where any unit commanders are?' To say things are a bit informal would be an understatement.

#70 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:15 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 19 December 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

No one asked BP because no one is in charge of acting as a liaison between units. If there was a centralized command and control guiding all units, you would have a case. However, this is a community effort, plain and simple. A gentleman's agreement.

Taking offense to feeling left out makes no sense. By that logic, all pugs should take offense because they somehow didn't get the memo.

This is a strategic decision made by the majority of the units who use the board. The word has gotten out mostly from the boards, and secondly by word of mouth.

My final point is this; We NEED this truce. Davion is beset on all sides by enemies. We don't need another enemy, especially a strong one. Steiner + Davion is a strong counter for the Marik/Liao/Kurita situation we currently find ourselves in.

I didn't care if we was invited or not truly it was the fact that this so called treaty isn't legit but people wanted us to not fight steiner and a lot of people aren't even aware of this unofficial treaty. Only reason why the borders between steiner and davion not at conflict is because of the new system created by pgi that shows how many attackers and defenders are on that planet, but if it wasn't for that this fighting will still be going on along the borders. But I'm done now, no more conflict I'm aware of the situation, back to being the best in the game. Have fun all.

#71 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:23 PM

Everyone can your **** and start working together.

It's been clearly stated repeatedly... Davion and Steiner are allied.

Liao, Marik, and Kurita also have an alliance, mutual defense pacts are being made all over, including in the Clans.

Read the forums. As a unit leader... I have to. I also have a select few in my unit also comb through the forums to gain intel and such. This is CW... regardless if it's in ******* BETA or not. It's end-game time... competitive... hardcore fun ****. Clan Wolf and Jade Falcon have put aside conflict to focus on IS factions... be glad we can help assist our enemies to defend against the Clans... all the while trying to defend and attack our enemies.

Steiner is our ally... respect that. LOTS of people in CW go way way back into BattleTech and lore means something special, respect that. Everyone has a ******* opinion... unfortunately, respect that too. But go with the damn flow or expect friction.

#72 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 19 December 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

I believe Merc Star was attacking it last night before we got our orders, just looking for a match. We quit once we heard of the no fly zone in stiener space. I think we only hit it once ish though.

We turned our attention to phact. Hit a couple of 12s, so nice to not just run over pugs consistently.

Also, if you are unaware, Mercenary Star (-MS-) ,the group formally hustling for Clan Ghost Bear, has signed a 7 day with Davion. IS vs IS battles I have to say are more fun, and there seems to be a larger population to fight than what we had in CGB.

Well there's always something to fight when you've got three factions ganging up on you.

On topic: We really don't need to be fighting a fourth so anyone who at this point is still attacking Steiner, please stop.

~S~ lft. Satan n stuff HHPG

Edited by Satan n stuff, 20 December 2014 - 12:53 AM.

#73 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:22 AM

Hey, if a few units don't want to play ball, and decide to go attack Steiner anyway, the larger FedCom community can always just give advance notice to one of the top Steiner units and have them put footage of you getting your faces stomped in on Twitch.

#74 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

View PostJames T Kirk., on 19 December 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

don't like us not playing canon find a new game. We attack and defend what and where we want.

Then by all means enjoy the scorn of the community and the face-stomping I'm sure the best of the Steiner units give you as target practice.

#75 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:40 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 19 December 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:

Everyone can your **** and start working together.

It's been clearly stated repeatedly... Davion and Steiner are allied.

Liao, Marik, and Kurita also have an alliance, mutual defense pacts are being made all over, including in the Clans.

Read the forums. As a unit leader... I have to. I also have a select few in my unit also comb through the forums to gain intel and such. This is CW... regardless if it's in ******* BETA or not. It's end-game time... competitive... hardcore fun ****. Clan Wolf and Jade Falcon have put aside conflict to focus on IS factions... be glad we can help assist our enemies to defend against the Clans... all the while trying to defend and attack our enemies.

Steiner is our ally... respect that. LOTS of people in CW go way way back into BattleTech and lore means something special, respect that. Everyone has a ******* opinion... unfortunately, respect that too. But go with the damn flow or expect friction.

Dont know you. Dont know who you THINK you are. Could care less for you or your unit. I reached out to you in a PM asking for a few minutes of your time so we could discuss this and our pilots over comms and not in a public arena. You choose to decline. Thats your option. Dont expect me or my unit to afford any respect to you or or unit. Your are a Merc same as we are.

Most of the other posters on this thread posted in good faith concerns about the Davion / Steiner Alliance and the need for it. One of my pilots spoke his mind. Yes, he continued to agitate the situation and he has been admonished by myself in our forums and on our comms. he also posted and apology IN THIS THREAD.

Some of the posters that spoke against my unit has since backed off their original statements after I made a post or two. I appreciate that and have gained some respect for them and their units.

The Blood Pearls are a Merc unit under contract with Davion. I have a couple of meetings to attend to with units that have PM'd me asking me to join their comms for discussions. As a Unit Leader, I have NO issue respecting the contract in place and following the alliances as set by my employer. I will gladly take time out of my busy life to try to work these things out.

As to other leaders / units / members posting here, I hope that things work out the way you intend them too. we will do our part in support as requested as long as we are contracted to Davion.

As to the persons posting, I respect your opinions (or most anyway), regardless if I agree with them or not. James Kirk is not one of my pilots, but I respect his opinion. Again, i understand what you are trying to do and I respect it. In some ways, I even agree with most of it.

Thank each of you for your time and I sincerely hope the hostilities end here. As with most of you, I have real life to deal with and sometime today, Liao Mechs to destroy. I wish we could take salvage.....

Enjoy guys!

Edited by vettie, 20 December 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#76 Asaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:47 AM

All,
The Davion House units have reached out to vettie and the Blood Pearls and the original situation is now under control. Everyone is of course entitled to there own opinion and has the right to express it here. However if your group is a member of the House alliance I would ask that you kindly let this matter drop.

To vettie I would just like to say publicly that we look forward to talking with you and your officers soon and hope we will be able to work together on defeating our true enemies (Liao. Marik, and Kurita).

Regards,

Asaru, Leftenant General of C4

Edited by Asaru, 20 December 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#77 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

To be privately told to go screw myself, vettie... shows me your unwillingness to work with units under Davion contract.

I posted a general response to everyone here to drop their **** and work together. Explained I'm a rather busy person (like we all are) and I would deal with my teammate much as I requested you do the same.

I'd gladly share that conversation with anyone here just to prove my point.

Everyone needs to drop the animosity and work together. We're all contracted to Davion... we'll all eventually be fighting alongside one another... if this **** continues I can guarantee that it won't bode well down the line.

#78 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

Asaru and Donas I will be in touch with my co-leaders later today and would propose we meet on Comms sometime today / tonight if you are agreeable.

We can join the Davion TS or you can come to ours and i will gladly provide you the info if you so desire.

We look forward to working with (most) of the Davion Allied units. Obviously, there are some that we just wont....

Any way, my sincere thank you to you and your units. Looking forward to a fruitful discussion.

To Grendel - I reached out to via PM so we could discuss this situation and our pilots actions / statements and I did so respectfully. You declined. Your option, Your time is no more valuable than mine, but I made the effort. Yes, i told you to go screw yourself in a PM (that you decided to bring forward). Again that is your option. The fact that i have no further interest in working with you or your unit has no bearing on our interface with the rest of the Davion Community. I have no fear of your threats and as far as I am concerned, communications between our units is done. You choose your road and I choose mine. Good Luck to you and your unit.

#79 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

Grendel has never struck me as the unreasonable type, Vettie, as I've worked with him before. Is there a way gentlemen/ladies we can hit the reset button here, we all started off on the wrong foot. The better we can work together the more powerful we as a faction become.

~Saxie -MS-

Edited by Saxie, 20 December 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#80 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:30 AM

I'm still trying to figure out what threat I gave? :D

BSI is fully willing, and already working with the Davion coalition to defend the FedSuns. I may not be personally inclined to discuss things with Blood Pearls due to personal insult... but if we find ourselves on the same team during a drop. I can guarantee BSI will act accordingly and work as a team.

Good hunting.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users