Psa: Don't Argue Among Each Other

17 replies to this topic

#1 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

Just simply don't. I've seen this happen many times and when I or anyone else comes with a plan then they argue against this. If you aren't going to group together and at least try then don't play CW. Teamwork guys, you can't expect arguing like back in the Cold War. I knew what it was like, pointing to each of you saying "you are a communist!" Do you think anybody won the Cold War? NOPE!

TL;DR: STOP ARGUING IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOUR BRAIN OR THE GAME!!!! I GET IT THAT WE LOSE AND WE RAGE BUT RAGING NEVER WINS! Just be a team! Like what this little ol' fad looks like (yeah two guys being teammates)! ;) B)

Ignore my attempt at using the Cold War as an analogy, I lived during this period but not enough of it to know everything. Shame on me too even after back in the old days with AP Euro and AP US. Can't even remember the labor union of Poland.

It's Solidarity.

Edited by luxebo, 21 December 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#2 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:26 AM

View Postluxebo, on 21 December 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

Do you think anybody won the Cold War? NOPE!

I think every person that was living in an oppressive Soviet Bloc country would differ with your opinion.

#3 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:29 AM

Just simply don't. I've seen this happen many times and when I or anyone else comes with a plan then they argue against this. If you aren't going to group together and at least try then don't play CW. Teamwork guys, you can't expect arguing like back in the Cold War. I knew what it was like, pointing to each of you saying "you are a communist!" Do you think anybody won the Cold War? NOPE!

TL;DR: STOP ARGUING IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOUR BRAIN OR THE GAME!!!! I GET IT THAT WE LOSE AND WE RAGE BUT RAGING NEVER WINS! Just be a team! Like what this little ol' fad looks like (yeah two guys being teammates)! ;) B)

Actually, there were "Godless Communists" on one side, "Greedy Capitalists" on the other, and SPECTRE.

Edited by Mystere, 21 December 2014 - 12:30 AM.

#4 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

This is now a thread about the Cold War.

I think the Russian oligarchs won.

#5 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:02 AM

Given I lived about 5 miles from AF Plant 42 and within 30 of Edwards AFB, I was always afraid one morning was just going to be the end of it all.

Every time we heard (and felt) a rocket test, a lot of us feared the worst. When SR-71s (and we'd see them, or even have our cars rocked around on Sierra Highway when they took off) take of constantly, you knew something serious was going on.

I don't really remember arguing. Just threats and counter threats escalating to dangerous levels like the Cuban Missile Crisis and thinking any first strike included exactly where my home was. As ludicrous as it all was, there was real fear.

Games simply cannot bring that out in people because there's no real danger, even in EVE.

You might want to re-word your OP. Bickering in a game has about as much in common with the Cold War as Hello Kitty does.

#6 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:04 AM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 21 December 2014 - 01:02 AM, said:

Given I lived about 5 miles from AF Plant 42 and within 30 of Edwards AFB, I was always afraid one morning was just going to be the end of it all.

Same, I grew up a half a tank of gas from Edwards, China Lake, Groom Lake, Fallon, and Hawthorne.

Cold War was no joke.

Edited by Roadbeer, 21 December 2014 - 01:08 AM.

#7 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:07 AM

Cold War was no joke at all.
And it is a real chance that it did not evolve into a Hot War.

#8 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:14 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 21 December 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

I think every person that was living in an oppressive Soviet Bloc country would differ with your opinion.
. Curse you historical sidebar of accuracy!!!! Lol

#9 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

But I ain't part of them Communists. :P

Seriously though in my opinion yeah the Cold War was a crazy war, probably a bad way to use it as a analogy. I myself lived through the later parts of the Cold War, and due to Reagan's way of making everyone feel lost/against the communist reign.

Back on my sole purpose of making this thread:
But the thing I am annoyed is that even joining people's Ts3 (which in a pug group I was asked to join) people were beating each other up just to state which gate to go to. I don't want any more pug groups attacking each other (at least one game I got tked by my allies). Be friendly guys, it's a game only.

If you guys were slaughtering each other in real life, imagine MWO as a real thing. Imagine that there was no US, only Marik as a democratic state. Killing each other and arguing among a team, whether pug or not, is a reason why the Clans didn't get pushed back. What would happen to Marik then? Marik would be gone if we were fighting amongst each other.

Pick one spot to go to, and do what normal players do. Don't yell at each other to the point of tking each other. Which actually happened in 3 out of 6 matches I've played.

Edited by luxebo, 21 December 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#10 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

View Postluxebo, on 21 December 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

Seriously though in my opinion yeah the Cold War was a crazy war, probably a bad way to use it as a analogy. I myself lived through the later parts of the Cold War, and due to Reagan's way of making everyone feel lost/against the communist reign.

I don't even know what this sentence means.

Reagan crushed the malaise that Ford/Carter dumped on the West, showed a strength of resolve not seen since Kennedy, won the Cold War, made everyone fell good about doing their part in the process through economic policies that saw the largest expansion of the middle class since the Post WWII Eisenhower administration, funded space exploration and sciences to unimagined levels and freed the Iranian hostages, all while being shot.

If you guys were slaughtering each other in real life, imagine MWO as a real thing. Imagine that there was no US, only Marik as a democratic state. Killing each other and arguing among a team, whether pug or not, is a reason why the Clans didn't get pushed back. What would happen to Marik then? Marik would be gone if we were fighting amongst each other.

Marik spends the downtime between Succession Wars having our own Civil Wars, gotta keep that edge. Also, being in the sunny South West of the Inner Sphere, the Clans are about as troublesome to Marik as a cloudy day.

I get the gist of what you're really trying to do with this thread, but your ignorance of the analogies and references you use are mindboggling. :D

Edited by Roadbeer, 21 December 2014 - 02:29 PM.

#11 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 21 December 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

I don't even know what this sentence means.
Reagan crushed the malaise that Ford/Carter dumped on the West, showed a strength of resolve not seen since Kennedy, won the Cold War, made everyone fell good about doing their part in the process through economic policies that saw the largest expansion of the middle class since the Post WWII Eisenhower administration, funded space exploration and sciences to unimagined levels and freed the Iranian hostages, all while being shot.
Marik spends the downtime between Succession Wars having our own Civil Wars, gotta keep that edge. Also, being in the sunny South West of the Inner Sphere, the Clans are about as troublesome to Marik as a cloudy day.

I get the gist of what you're really trying to do with this thread, but your ignorance of the analogies and references you use are mindboggling. :D

Ok I'll stop using analogies. I'm getting old alright? ;) I disliked Reagan though as a teen/child. Kennedy's reign was probably a good reign, but as you have said he did sadly die. (And I wasn't quite that old, though I am familiar with him). Same as Lincoln, was a sad moment for both presidents.

I'm not too familiar with Marik but that's the best comparison to USA/Canada when I thought a legit comparison since they have similar gov's.

But on a serious note just stop arguing among each other as the title said, ignore my very bad analogies. :P

#12 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

This game doesn't have spy agencies though so it is nothing like the cold war.

:ph34r:

#13 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 21 December 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

This game doesn't have spy agencies though so it is nothing like the cold war.

:ph34r:

Hey maybe in Phase 3 :ph34r: .

#14 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

Ignore my attempt at using the Cold War as an analogy, I lived during this period but not enough of it to know everything. Shame on me too even after back in the old days with AP Euro and AP US. Can't even remember the labor union of Poland.

It's Solidarity.

Have been TK;d, shot at, numerous expletives thrown my way.

People are jerks....i report them all and write down there name and they will never make it past me to get into my unit that is for sure. Also we dont need people like that in Smoke Jags rather they just left then were a POS.

#15 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 21 December 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Have been TK;d, shot at, numerous expletives thrown my way.

People are jerks....i report them all and write down there name and they will never make it past me to get into my unit that is for sure. Also we dont need people like that in Smoke Jags rather they just left then were a POS.

Some of em just had bad luck as gamers in MWO, so they end up rage quitting due to the sheer pressure (I will admit that I try as hard as possible not to, but sometimes my hatred overcomes me (very rarely though or I'm drunk and that explains tons).

But of course some are simply just jerks to normal people as you have said.

This isn't the main key of the thread however, I just wanted to enforce that in CW people must work together and not sticking together with one plan is a terrible idea overall (if everyone charges random gates, etc).

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:02 AM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 21 December 2014 - 01:02 AM, said:

Every time we heard (and felt) a rocket test, a lot of us feared the worst. When SR-71s (and we'd see them, or even have our cars rocked around on Sierra Highway when they took off) take of constantly, you knew something serious was going on.

I don't really remember arguing. Just threats and counter threats escalating to dangerous levels like the Cuban Missile Crisis and thinking any first strike included exactly where my home was. As ludicrous as it all was, there was real fear.

Games simply cannot bring that out in people because there's no real danger, even in EVE.

You might want to re-word your OP. Bickering in a game has about as much in common with the Cold War as Hello Kitty does.

View PostRoadbeer, on 21 December 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

Same, I grew up a half a tank of gas from Edwards, China Lake, Groom Lake, Fallon, and Hawthorne.

Cold War was no joke.

I spent a month in a 40 man tent within peeing range from the DMZ. I know your fear. :unsure:

#17 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:07 AM

Not to mention those of us that were awarded the "Cold War" ribbon.....

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 December 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

I spent a month in a 40 man tent within peeing range from the DMZ. I know your fear. :unsure:

I'm assuming you mean Korea....

I've got 32 live patrols inside the zone carrying an AN/PRC 77.

As for the "peeing range" of the DMZ....I was on Oulette, up in the tower for 3 months.

#18 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

Had to bump this thread once more since I encountered a team that can't stick to a plan (and was a remembered match that is exemplary). I was defending against Clan Wolves in a sorta pugish 12 man (if that makes any sense at all). There was this one Smoke Jaguar guy that was with them. The Wolves actually made a very good push and took all 3 gens in one go, but they couldn't get past the defenses by themselves as this one Smoke Jaguar dude kept going by himself. Which in the end they were so close but yet so far, and considering that one guy kept suiciding, the Wolves did very well.

This once again emphasizes that if you don't work together, then your team will lose, simple as that.

Edited by luxebo, 27 December 2014 - 11:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users