210 replies to this topic

#21 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

Unnecessary, out of the two years of playing this game I've never felt the need to even report someone. Gaming is becoming filled with cry babies. New generation or something maybe.

Edited by lsp, 21 December 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#22 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

Not having a problem myself. Insults if not obscene are part of RP so tread carefully. It's worse when you face a 12 man team of leggers. Is that an exploit or just some players on comms?

#23 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:28 PM

View PostKampfer, on 21 December 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

Sorry, I've paid money, I can call you people whatever I want in moderation. Suck it up cupcake

p2i
Pay 2 Insult
3000 MC per f-bomb
i will drain all my savings for this

#24 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

I would rather there be trash talkers and players than perfect gentleman/ladies and few players. Players usually equal revenue which means development. However, I wouldn't mind there being some kind of rating system with warnings. Too many warnings and All Chat is disabled for a day or more, but team and lance still available.

However, if anyone is bothered by chat just turn off All Chat. I've had it turned off since the day they introduced it...

#25 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 21 December 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

Really?, that surprises me.

I know. I'm barely old enough to play this game.

#26 Nichiren

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

Pretty simple solution to this.

Step One: Watch the hair pulling in all/team chat.
Step Two: Remind yourself that unlike the majority of online multiplayer games, it's not thirteen year olds, but grown ass men behaving like them.
Step Three: Chuckle your way through the rest of the game with the mental image of balding men* trying to,grab each other's hair like they're grasping at straws.

*Whether those involved are balding older gentlemen are irrelevant, it's the comical imagery that matters~

#27 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:03 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

.In fact, I'm willing to bet money on the fact that any steam kids and trolls who come here to farm cheap laughs will instead find themselves hunted for sport, and discarded as their sanity leaves them.

Rarely do i find myself agreeing with anything Vass say's but this, this is how it will happen.

#28 ScoutMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

This progressive carebear censorship bullshit has got to stop. "Oh no, I'm offended or I might be offended!"

Bla bla bla. If you can't take the heat go play something else. Leave MWO carebear free.

#29 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

And the lack of mass appeal, innovation, creativity, or any true stand-out quality is the fruit borne of this "old-school" thinking. GJ guys over 40 and those pretending to be over 40. You have continued to revel in and self-justify mediocrity in the name of amateur hour trolling. Truly, the younger generations should look up in awe.

As for the OP's idea, no rating system is going to magically solve the Greater Internet {Frak} Theory. I would like a rating system instead for command, so we can get pugs better organized in CW.

#30 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

I think we should all curtsy before every match. I implore PGI to add mech skirts and curtsy animations now.

#31 FETTY WAP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 456 posts
  • Locationspaaaace

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

I know most of the community is older - it makes me cringe when someone super rages in game..

#32 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:31 PM

Its not that rife. Compared to Warthunder this is a pretty quiet game. Even I have the odd PSM rage moment and blast a team mate who keeps friendly firing me in the back but after that the rage passes and everyone gets on with things. I'm guessing its the older age of most players on here.
The ones I talk to on TS are all old sounding men who dint even react much to hearing a younger woman playing "their" game. Its a refreshing change compared to my Warthunder experiences.

#33 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:41 PM

Report them, move on, let support earn their pay... think of their children/pets, will no one think of the children/pets put out on the streets if these hard working suport lose their jobs?

#34 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

Team killers are almost always Trolls. They don't care if they get banned, they want to ruin as many people as they can before they get banned. All you would do is risk punishing someone who is new to the game and makes a mistake. If anyone remembers a few weeks ago we had a bug where friendlies would just not register, no friendly markers so people just assumed they were enemies and shoot them. Can you really blame those people for a bug?

#35 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

Oh gosh, I really hope the player base isn't mostly 40+, as it doesn't exhibit even a shred of maturity in game or on forums. At all.

#36 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:07 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

In fact, I'm willing to bet money on the fact that any steam kids and trolls who come here to farm cheap laughs will instead find themselves hunted for sport, and discarded as their sanity leaves them.

Who is going to hunt them?
Yes there are countless 40+ year olds playing this game. Sad truth is, a huge part of them is terribad at gaming. They are playing MWO for the love of battletech, not because they are good at it. I can look back to way over a decade of FPS gaming experience, and in MWO if have seen some of the most terrible players in any game ever.
The amount of guys running builds so bad you want to pour acid over your eyes after seeing them is unbelievable. They use builds "they have always used in TT" without even thinking about the fact that they could be garbage in MWO.

The general skill floor is rather low in MWO, something that is easily overlooked because there are just so many bad players. In all my years playing games that track stats, i never had better stats than i have in MWO now. Is this because i'm better in MWO than i'm in CS or BF? No. It's because the average skill level in MWO is just way lower than in other games. Alot of guys thinking they are a hotshot in MWO just tent to overlook the fact that the competition is just way lower than in other games.

Chances are high that those "kids" coming from steam will totally wipe the floor with those elderly MWO veterans who play it because it is a BT game. They give a rats ass about lore and will minmax like they know it from other games, they will not even think about using a joystick (lol) and if they come from any fps their aim will be better than half of the mwo community before they even drop into one single match.

MWO players tent overemphasise how hard MWO actually is. The great myths of mechbuilding, heatmanagement and torsotwisting are way easier to understand than many admit.

#37 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:23 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

I am 29 years young.

I would have guessed 16.

#38 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:10 AM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 21 December 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Its not that rife. Compared to Warthunder this is a pretty quiet game. Even I have the odd PSM rage moment and blast a team mate who keeps friendly firing me in the back but after that the rage passes and everyone gets on with things. I'm guessing its the older age of most players on here.
The ones I talk to on TS are all old sounding men who dint even react much to hearing a younger woman playing "their" game. Its a refreshing change compared to my Warthunder experiences.

I've found the robot community incredibly pleasant and relaxed to be around.

#39 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:13 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...-stupid-people/
If you REALLY want to reduce toxicity in the community then report threads like this

#40 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:19 AM

A couple of players in a match were having a benny at each other last night calling each other cry baby and a certain body part etc etc. it was getting on my nerves so i told them both to grow up on team chat.

Seemed to fix it. Simples.

Posted Image

Edited by mad kat, 22 December 2014 - 01:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users