Reduce Toxic Players In Game

210 replies to this topic

#201 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:19 PM

I have had lights nearly core my back.. from my own team at the start of the game. I repay doing the same, tho sometimes that means dual ac 20s that kill them instantly in one shot. I find this fair.

#202 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostEider, on 29 January 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

I have had lights nearly core my back.. from my own team at the start of the game. I repay doing the same, tho sometimes that means dual ac 20s that kill them instantly in one shot. I find this fair.

well thats neat. I guess you won't mind if support punishes you since you just admitted to breaking the rules.
Posted Image

Edited by Brody319, 29 January 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#203 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

View PostBrody319, on 29 January 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

well thats neat. I guess you won't mind if support punishes you since you just admitted to breaking the rules.

is that the same kinda punishment that gets issued for racist memes?

Edited by Geist Null, 29 January 2015 - 06:26 PM.

#204 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

also nothing personal but too many 'undesireables' like to box you in so you cant retreat, i shoot them to move them.

Right, i take it you are one of those players. Full only lrm build that blocks you from retreat, runs off alone to die and various other things you get butthurt after being told .. yea that was dumb.

#205 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 29 January 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

is that the same kinda punishment that gets issued for racist memes?

there I fixed it for you.
Posted Image

Also not a meme. that was a captioned image.
a meme is an idea or concept that spreads quickly through society.

#206 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostEider, on 29 January 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

also nothing personal but too many 'undesireables' like to box you in so you cant retreat, i shoot them to move them.

Right, i take it you are one of those players. Full only lrm build that blocks you from retreat, runs off alone to die and various other things you get butthurt after being told .. yea that was dumb.

Does that story actually work with support? They don't ask why an LRM mech is crowding an AC20 mech, they just accept your ridiculous version of events, and your need to proactively defend it on the forums?

#207 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

Nope, they first off need actual proof. Secondly its hard to get someone in trouble when you can use the same argument against the person that reported you. E.g. by coring my back im basicly dead myself and can be considered griefing. Also dat racist meme.. still racist and you posted it on the site thus giving proof.. gg son.

#208 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:51 PM

oh and fyi they can see you edited it :)

#209 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

anyway in closing its interesting how some toxic players are oh so racist and passive aggressive while adding to a hostile enviroment. But i suppose that is the nature of online games.

#210 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

More interesting is how a thread about toxic people became a touchstone FOR toxic people to be toxic on people and be toxic about their right and freedom to be toxic on people because....

Posted Image

Edited by Kjudoon, 29 January 2015 - 07:52 PM.

#211 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 29 January 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

I love how these topics always bring out all the people who just blatantly want the right to harass other people and fling hate speech and other toxic drivel into chat. So many thinly veiled excuses to cover up their own immaturity and lack of social capability. It's so laughably obvious who the real problem players are when they can't even stop themselves from coming in and calling people "thin skinned", "carebears", "crybabies", and a multitude of other teenage level excuses, trying to pin their social ineptitude on others and claiming that their lack of ability to talk like a decent human being stems from some kind of made up "internet culture". It's like a direct guide on which players are total douchebags who need to be ignored.

Sorry kids, keeping a safe and enjoyable community atmosphere that DOESN'T drive players and supporters away is far more important than your INSULTINGLY FALSE assertions of "freedom of speech" that disgrace the very meaning of the phrase.

The excuses used are pretty ridiculous. 99% of people that use "freedom of speech" as their justification don't even know what the US Constitution says and how it works. The Bill of RIghts is a limitation on government power, not limitations on a private entity whose servers fall under a use agreement that each user signed up to. There is no "right" to free speech on MWO forums or in-game. It is a privilege.

The other defining characteristic of these people who scream about rights is that they never consider that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it. You can rip the covers off all of your hardbound books, clean out your fireplace with a leafblower, and even remove one of the legs from every chair in your house. But that doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so, and you certainly shouldn't be commended for doing it.

This whole "trolling" business that has come about because of the anonymity of and communications capability with the internet is just sad. The fact that some people take their free time and use it to attempt to make other people less happy is probably one of the saddest things I can think of. I mean, how crappy does your life have to be if the best thing you can think of to do with your free time is that? I mostly just feel bad for these people. They aren't helping themselves, making anything better in their own lives to enjoy, and they are trying to drag everyone else down to their level of misery just so they won't feel alone. I can't imagine that degree of depression that must exist where I conclude that's what I should do with my time.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users