87 replies to this topic

#21 SickerthanSars

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:37 AM

View Postluxebo, on 29 December 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

Dude Sicker, stop bragging. More than 50% of my matches are lost to the Ghost Bear. Every time I fight Wolf, they lose. Every time I fight ANY other Clan, I lose. This says a hell of a lot.

I think after break I'm just gonna take a long break from CW till I hear of something good. Overall I've always heard of CW, it seems like something that I could really really enjoy for a long time, but considering I can't even break 80 match score on most if not all of my matches, I don't know if I'm gonna be around when the Dominion comes around. It's been disappointing as heck dropping in CW and losing almost 0-48 without a gen destroyed, all matches except to the Wolves.

someone is upset and takes things waaay too seriously. Also I love the totally made up match history it was a nice touch. I can guarantee if I had a steiner symbol next to my name it would be "all matches are blowout losses except against steiner" as if im going to be highly upset or offended by your tall tales..

#22 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:24 AM

I prefer to be free and beautiful... A darling butterfly that flutters wherever the wind takes me... And that sure as *bleeep* is not in to some indentured servitude to a bunch of space furries.

If i may speak my very personal feeling on the matter, =P

#23 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:36 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 29 December 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

I prefer to be free and beautiful... A darling butterfly that flutters wherever the wind takes me... And that sure as *bleeep* is not in to some indentured servitude to a bunch of space furries.

If i may speak my very personal feeling on the matter, =P

You will come around. We give good hugs. Big Bear Hugs!

It has certainly been noticeable since I came back to CGB territory how rough FRR has it without the Mercs it had in the first week. You guys need to court some teams or form some teams!

#24 AeturnitasMalus

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:42 AM

CW is in beta. The galaxy will get a reset so I wouldn't worry about it.

#25 Albatroz

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:27 AM

I don´t know if I´m right, but I have the impression that most of FRR pilots are older guys (full time jobs, married with kids, on vacation, really busy, etc). That´s my situation anyway... And it´s just my impression for what I got here since beta. Although I know there are lots of people in this same situation in others factions too. I just think that FRR suffers from this peculiarity more acutely. Maybe would be nice to make a survey to see this more closely.

But, nevertheless, I think this holiday season brought a lack of FRR units to make a serious counter-offensive or a decent defense. This scenario will probably change after new year. Well, let´s hope so anyway.

But surrender and be absorbed this soon? Not the viking way. And honestly, it would be a real balance problem for CW...

Lets keep resisting, and wait for the valkyries, shall we?

Skol, shield brothers!

#26 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

Even if the Bears are actually the most honorable of the clans (IMO) I would avoid merge as much as possible, even if I feel that I dont make much of a dent I will fight. Not because I dont like the lore, but it would be really fun and interesting to see FRR turning into a major powerhouse ala like the Steiner and Kurita. Maybe a neutralground for the IS and Clan.

BTW. The FRR loyalist rebellions, werent that caused by the fact that Ghost Bear forced the Trials down our throats? Were selective breeding also a must? If those could be optional, the wouldnt be any rebellions.. heck how does the story with FRR and CGB end in the lore. Sarna Battletech wiki dosent say much about the relations after the merge, really. But the historical notes gives a vague hint (IMO) that the FRR get independent again?

#27 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

Agreed on both of you above, QQ Mercs did switch to Clans <_< and some other groups did leave out and whatnot. My original post did try to say that but then it turned backwards. :blush:

Don't go down without a fight brothers! :)

#28 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

Posted Image

Turncoats...

:rolleyes:

#29 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

View PostSuperAtomicAirplane, on 28 December 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

Read the actual article again :)

The Ghost Bears form their own occupation government of our planets called the Ghost Bear Dominion in 3060. It isn't until 3103 that the last of the remaining FRR planets agree to join them to form the Rasalhague Dominion.

Darn. Well at least it would be pseudo lore. Obviously we're not at any point where we need to start getting serious about merging yet, but I think eventually we (no way space vikings forever) might get there so we should probably consider it and maybe shoot PGI the idea.

Edited by Serial Peacemaker, 29 December 2014 - 07:43 PM.

#30 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

Guys, stop that "there will be reset" talks and listen to what Russ said at the last NGNG Town Hall.
Still, I would love to welcome you all into our great Bear family. We have to roar together!

#31 DaveRatters

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:00 AM

Well - I got all 25 80+s in the chrismas stocking tourney! I did it trying my best to win the matches - I do like to win of course!

It's true that PUG groups don't do too well against organised 12 man premades (of any persuasion) - but it's also true that the clan mechs are more powerful per ton than even fully quirk complaint IS mechs are (all my drop deck is/was configured so).

Given that even IS premades find it incredibly difficult to win an attack against an equivalent clan premade, it's not surprising the desire to play CW by IS units is waning and fewer IS units actually bother playing CW anymore (against clan opponents).

I am one of those that have given up playing CW for now - now I've got my 25 80 pluses thank you kindly - I'll stay out of CW until some rebalancing takes place. Oh - it also means I can use my own clan mechs once again (love-em - esp. my timby!).

Be seeing you.. (can anybody remember where that quote originated?)

Edited by DaveRatters, 30 December 2014 - 04:25 AM.

#32 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:12 AM

View PostIronClaws, on 29 December 2014 - 01:35 AM, said:

The problem that I see most of the time is that usually only pug groups are on the IS teams. If you guys want to start winning, do like the Davions or Mariks and drop in 12 man groups using voice coms.

Thats right, I don´t now about the other units, but mine was in the middle of a tournament when CW dropped and still is. Before that we won´t be able to do regular CW drops.
Im still hoping for a reset when the beta tag goes.
Plus, for european units the ceasefire times are just terrible. Everytime when we drop we basically take over the planet just to lose it again because we cant keep playing till 4 am.

View PostMordin Ashe, on 30 December 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

Guys, stop that "there will be reset" talks and listen to what Russ said at the last NGNG Town Hall.
Still, I would love to welcome you all into our great Bear family. We have to roar together!

You could have saved us the time and told us.

Edited by Klappspaten, 30 December 2014 - 08:14 AM.

#33 Troopie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 120 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:57 AM

View Postluxebo, on 29 December 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Agreed on both of you above, QQ Mercs did switch to Clans <_< and some other groups did leave out and whatnot. My original post did try to say that but then it turned backwards. :blush:

Don't go down without a fight brothers! :)

How about now...

#34 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:20 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 29 December 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

You will come around. We give good hugs. Big Bear Hugs!

I personally prefer bear rugs or beer hugs...

Or a Beer rug as it indicates that a good party have been had and that someone was liberal in their applying of beer...

#35 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 04 January 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

I personally prefer bear rugs or beer hugs...

Or a Beer rug as it indicates that a good party have been had and that someone was liberal in their applying of beer...

We have a ancient saying in germany: "Wer Bier verschenkt, wird aufgehängt."

I would tell you to google the translation, but what google translate gives you for that is nothing but senseless gibberish.

#36 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:10 PM

Where beer is tapped, i hang my hat...? ish....? Just going by the sound of it.. =P

But i have not taken one lesson in german so i honestly have no clue.

#37 P H O X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:35 AM

More like "Who sheds/gives away beer, will be hanged". :)

#38 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

Well that makes sense. =P

#39 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

Lieber Frau und Kind erschiessen,
als einen Tropfen Bier vergiessen.

Better shoot wife and child
than spill a drop of beer.

Don´t talk too dark - you scare away little vikings who haven´t yet understood:

True Norsemen can´t lose.
"Victory or Valhalla!"

#40 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostAeturnitasMalus, on 29 December 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

CW is in beta. The galaxy will get a reset so I wouldn't worry about it.

They have said a reset is possible but never sure thing I would not completely count on a reset happening.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users