91 replies to this topic

#1 Nick86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:45 AM

Hi guys..

In most of my CW time (which to be fair is UK time) I've noticed that we appear to be on the defensive or helping out Raslehagues (Ridiculous amount of Mariks defending those scrubs..). I can understand both to an extent but.... I really wanna spread some purple about.

Can we all just form up and start kicking the *hit out of Steiner pls?

If there's any diplomacy going on that I missed pls let me know, but last I hear they were in league with Clan Wolf and co?

I don't wanna have to join someone else just to wade in on them do I?

My Steiner hate comes from MW4... What can I say.

Maybe I should've been a Davion but.. Naa...

Edited by Nick86, 31 December 2014 - 12:45 AM.

#2 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:18 AM

Um. We have been fighting Steiner...

#3 Nick86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:51 AM

Oh... it's that bad eh?

To be fair it may be just with the time I'm playing but I'd love see us making in-roads on them. M' thinks we should leave the FRR to it.. they obviously like being the whipping boys.

Good idea?

#4 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:43 AM

View PostNick86, on 31 December 2014 - 12:45 AM, said:

Hi guys..

In most of my CW time (which to be fair is UK time) I've noticed that we appear to be on the defensive or helping out Raslehagues (Ridiculous amount of Mariks defending those scrubs..). I can understand both to an extent but.... I really wanna spread some purple about.

Can we all just form up and start kicking the *hit out of Steiner pls?

If there's any diplomacy going on that I missed pls let me know, but last I hear they were in league with Clan Wolf and co?

I don't wanna have to join someone else just to wade in on them do I?

My Steiner hate comes from MW4... What can I say.

Maybe I should've been a Davion but.. Naa...

i hear ya. i would like to see that too. but until wait times are solved, and ghost pilots. i dont see it getting better. i would prefer cw 24/7 .

#5 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

We're pushing and we're winning WHILE we're helping the FRR.

#6 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:59 AM

Yeah, we've taken three or four planets from Steiner in about as many days. They have been spread out along the border, though, so it's less obvious that a push is being made.

#7 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

Hey Nick,

Cavanaugh II, Alhena and Dubhe have been taken in the last 4 days since the end of the Holiday cease fire, prior to that we were heavily focused on Davion.

#8 Nick86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

Cool..

Want more.. mooore!

#9 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts
  • LocationSunshine state.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:57 AM

I was pretty sure we were already shootin' up Steiny's. *Checks* Yep.

I share the same POV as you, don't like 'em-except with a bunch of holes in their belly.

#10 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostPodex, on 31 December 2014 - 04:45 AM, said:

We're pushing and we're winning WHILE we're helping the FRR.

We appreciate the help, the FRR gave Steiner time to reconsider their treacherous dealings with the clan invaders but they seem dead set on being Clan Wolf bondsman.
So after almost a week of just defending from Steiner aggression, last night we launched an offense into Steiner Space, reclaiming the world of Sevren.

Sevren originally fell to Steiner forces 25 some years ago, wrested from their Kinfolk while we were under Kuritan rule. The long suffering Citizens of Sevren rose in a spontaneous uprising when combined forces of the Kungsarme and the Mercenary unit SOR landed on the planet.

Thanks to the efforts of many IS pilots, notably from Marik and Liao, The FRR was also able to hold off the Steiner allied Clan Wolf assault on Bruben.

#11 Nick86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:16 AM

Yep, did my bit on Bruben yesterday..

Well folks it looks like we got a job to do.. I'll take back what I said about FRR being whipping boys. If we can all come out of the blocks guns blazing then let's go for it!

Will be home from work in 3hrs..

#12 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts
  • LocationSunshine state.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

View PostAbivard, on 31 December 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

We appreciate the help, the FRR gave Steiner time to reconsider their treacherous dealings with the clan invaders but they seem dead set on being Clan Wolf bondsman.
So after almost a week of just defending from Steiner aggression, last night we launched an offense into Steiner Space, reclaiming the world of Sevren.

Sevren originally fell to Steiner forces 25 some years ago, wrested from their Kinfolk while we were under Kuritan rule. The long suffering Citizens of Sevren rose in a spontaneous uprising when combined forces of the Kungsarme and the Mercenary unit SOR landed on the planet.

Thanks to the efforts of many IS pilots, notably from Marik and Liao, The FRR was also able to hold off the Steiner allied Clan Wolf assault on Bruben.

I need to change out the coolant inside my Awesomes...

We got a long march.

Edited by AaronWolf, 31 December 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#13 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:55 AM

View PostAbivard, on 31 December 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

So this is what you do when my guys drop on your border with the Wolves?

You don't... I dunno... ATTACK THE WOLVES?

This is why the Clans always advance. The factions that are capable of counterattacking them seem unwilling to do so.

There are planets north of the border. ATTACK THEM!

#14 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:25 AM

This is why the Clans always advance. The factions that are capable of counterattacking them seem unwilling to do so.

You have to look at it from their point of view. Attacking the Clans isn't very fun.

#15 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 01 January 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

You have to look at it from their point of view. Attacking the Clans isn't very fun.

But necessary. You can see by looking at the map how well playing purely defensively has worked out.

#16 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

You can only convince so many people for so long to do something "unfun" in a video game. Eve sort of has that market locked down, and I don't think PGI can convince people to do it for long here.

But necessary.

Nothing in a video game is necessary. However this is even less important than anything else. There are no penalties or rewards for losing your territory. In fact they said from the start that your capital can't be taken, so even if you lose all of your faction territory but the capital you still have access to all the mechs, all the game modes, everything. As for faction loyalty, you can flip factions anytime you want. If attacking clans is unfun for long enough guess what's going to happen.
<_<

Edited by Alexander Steel, 01 January 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#17 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 01 January 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

You can only convince so many people for so long to do something "unfun" in a video game. Eve sort of has that market locked down, and I don't think PGI can convince people to do it for long here.

Nothing in a video game is necessary. However this is even less important than anything else. There are no penalties or rewards for losing your territory. In fact they said from the start that your capital can't be taken, so even if you lose all of your faction territory but the capital you still have access to all the mechs, all the game modes, everything. As for faction loyalty, you can flip factions anytime you want. If attacking clans is unfun for long enough guess what's going to happen.
<_<

Well, attacking IS necessary if you want to expand your borders. Counter-attacking IS necessary to hold your planets. If you don't care about your borders then I guess none of it is important at all. Just another game mode with respawns.

#18 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

View PostDavers, on 01 January 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

Well, attacking IS necessary if you want to expand your borders. Counter-attacking IS necessary to hold your planets. If you don't care about your borders then I guess none of it is important at all. Just another game mode with respawns.

And that's precisely the problem... too many people aren't using Invasion matches to play CW, they're using CW to play Invasion matches.

Big difference.

#19 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

In the last 2-3 hours I've been on the offensive by defending positions on Rodigo. Its hard, but even with pugs and unit members together it have been a successful attack. Though.
I encountered a nearly full team of jaguars helping the wolves. So it might seem the wolves are a tiny bit tired and need cats to help them.

#20 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:05 PM

Marik is attacking again.

I'd forgotten what hardcore mode was like. Thank you guys for reminding me why I enjoyed CW before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users