Is House Kurita The Weakest Faction?

150 replies to this topic

#121 paxmortis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

Sadly you are right :(

Here the post about Operation Wyvern i made in the Smoke Jaguar Thread: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4130524

Operation Wyvern yesterday was a try to bring back more Kurita player (especially EU) to CW and coordinate them.

This part of the operation was a small success.

60 DCMS warrior from the 9th Sword of Dragon (9SD), the 11th Legion of Vega (11th), the 11th Alshain Avengers (AVGR), the Night Scorn (]NS[), the North Kuritan Volunteer Army (NKVA), the MERCS and the 36th Dieron Regulars, groupped in 5 teams and give their best to honor the dragon.

The briefing during the EU ceasefire gave us the information, that the 5 teams won around 75% of their battles. But finally it looks that we was outnumbered and could do nothing.

The briefing show also that players organized in units are now more demotivated as before. I hope we can bring back the motivation. Winning the most games and still losing more and more ground is not very helpful ;)

I wants to honor the good defense of the clans and their coordination. I would also say thanks for the games you fought against the units, this was really fun.

The result for me is, the game/battles are not the problem, the problem is how CW works at the moment.

Below i wants to post you the coordination / battle report i made during the operation.

See you on the battle field!

Operation Wyvern running.

Posted Image

Time: 9:04 PM CET

Chatham / Attack / Sectors conquered: 26% / Troups: 27:18 (focus on attack!!!!)

Alshain / Defense / Sectors conquered: 6% / Troups: 37:36 (dont defend)

Yardley / Defense / Sectors conquered: 73% / Troups: 41:37

Time: 9:11 PM CET

Chatham / Attack / Sectors conquered: 33% / Troups: 52:49 (focus on attack!!!!)

Alshain / Defense / Sectors conquered: 20% / Troups: 28:18

Yardley / Defense / Sectors conquered: 73% / Troups: 37:36

Time: 9:19 PM CET

Chatham / Attack / Sectors conquered: 46% / Troups: 55:53 (focus on attack!!!!)

Alshain / Defense / Sectors conquered: 20% / Troups: 37:30

Yardley / Defense / Sectors conquered: 73% / Troups: 26:24

Time: 9:26 PM CET

Chatham / Attack / Sectors conquered: 53% / Troups: 43:57 (focus on attack!!!!)

Alshain / Defense / Sectors conquered: 20% / Troups: 28:28

Yardley / Defense / Sectors conquered: 80% / Troups: 12:12 (Dropship 5 take care of it)

Time: 9:33 PM CET

Chatham / Attack / Sectors conquered: 53% / Troups: 46:60+ (focus on attack!!!!) (could it be that the clans fear us?!)

Alshain / Defense / Sectors conquered: 20% / Troups: 36:39

Yardley / Defense / Sectors conquered: 80% / Troups: 0:0 (Dropship 5 take care of it) (if you get no drop defend alshain or if you had 12 mates attack Chatman!)

Time: 9:42 PM CET

Chatham / Attack / Sectors conquered: 53% / Troups: 60+:60+ (focus on attack!!!!) (could it be that the clans fear us?!)

Alshain / Defense / Sectors conquered: 26% / Troups: 31:24

Yardley / Defense / Sectors conquered: 80% / Troups: 0:0 (if some team is bored make a ghost drop)

Time: 9:48 PM CET

Chatham / Attack / Sectors conquered: 46% / Troups: 60+:60+ (focus on attack!!!!) (more pressure! Thanks to all for this great begining of Operation Wyvern!)

Alshain / Defense / Sectors conquered: 33% / Troups: 28:24

Yardley / Defense / Sectors conquered: 80% / Troups: 0:0 (if some team is bored make a ghost drop)

Time: 9:55 PM CET

Chatham / Attack / Sectors conquered: 40% / Troups: 60+:60+ (focus on attack!!!!) (all Clans now focus on this planet ;) )

Alshain / Defense / Sectors conquered: 40% / Troups: 35:24

Yardley / Defense / Sectors conquered: 80% / Troups: 4:0 (if some team is bored make a ghost drop)

Time: 10:03 PM CET

Chatham / Attack / Sectors conquered: 46% / Troups: 60+:60+ (focus on attack!!!!) (all Clans now focus on this planet ;) )

Alshain / Defense / Sectors conquered: 40% / Troups: 51:50

Yardley / Defense / Sectors conquered: 80% / Troups: 2:0 (if a team is bored make a ghost drop)

Time: 10:10 PM CET

Chatham / Attack / Sectors conquered: 46% / Troups: 60+:60+ (focus on attack!!!!) (all Clans now focus on this planet ;) )

Alshain / Defense / Sectors conquered: 40% / Troups: 50:52

Yardley / Defense / Sectors conquered: 80% / Troups: 1:0 (if a team is bored make a ghost drop)

Time: 10:15 PM CET

Chatham / Attack / Sectors conquered: 33% / Troups: 59:60+ (focus on attack!!!!) (last try!!)

Alshain / Defense / Sectors conquered: 40% / Troups: 49:39

Yardley / Defense / Sectors conquered: 80% / Troups: 1:0 (if a team is bored make a ghost drop) (lost)

Ceasefire

#122 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:57 AM

Here the result after analysing all dropships by feedback of the drop leader.

Dropship 1: 5x Win, 4x attacks, 1x defense
Dropship 2: 2 Wins / 3 looses
Dropship 3: 5 wins, 2 looses
Dropship 4: 4x Wins, 2x attacks, 2x defense
Dropship 5: 1x win, 1x loose

Result overall fights

Wins: 20 (74,07% of all battles)
Looses: 7 (25,93% of all battles)

Edited by paxmortis, 24 January 2015 - 05:58 AM.

#123 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

You forgot the Night Talons on that list we played 4 matches 2 wins 2 losses.

#124 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:27 AM

View PostChameleon257, on 24 January 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

You forgot the Night Talons on that list we played 4 matches 2 wins 2 losses.

No he didn't. It's a recount of the EU time zone drops.

Ours was the NA period. It was pretty much just us and 9th doing drops.

NS went 8-0 before ceasefire. We made zero headway as a house.

We did get constant drops which was fun.

On a side note, I would have preferred not to disclose our operation's results until after it was over.

We should expect stronger resistance as a result of this information sharing :)

Edited by Prophetic, 24 January 2015 - 09:54 AM.

#125 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

View PostProphetic, on 24 January 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

...On a side note, I would have preferred not to disclose our operation's results until after it was over.

We should expect stronger resistance as a result of this information sharing :)

Operational Security is always a concern, but getting the message out of the Dragon flexing such pronominal strength during CW's Euro-Cycle could possibly pay dividends in recruiting, retention and public relations with prospective Mercenary Corps Units.

Just as paxmortis contributed to my Smoke Jaguar thread (generating considerable value to any viewer) I wish to contribute to his posts here.

In the swirl and fog of War, there are often times a confluence of events that all unforeseen, combine to lead even the best conceived, communicated and executed plan to ruin.

From my perspective alone, I noticed that opportunities for Clan attack or defensive CW matches (for CW, CGB and CJF) had naturally (albeit much earlier in the day, yesterday) dwindled away to just a fraction of what is the norm for that portion of the Euro-cycle timeframe. Thus more Clan gamers were in Public queues just waiting for any opportunistic to rejoin CW. Also with OPN CLAN UNITY (http://mwomercs.com/...y/#entry4131599) having been in effect for the past seven CW cycle, CSJ had build up a certain amount of reciprocal goodwill from our fellow Clans.

Thus it was in truth almost a #PerfectStorm of Clan counteractions that came together very quickly to unhinge the massive scale of OPN WYVERN.

I know this does not serve to ameliorate the feelings of those Kurita gamers that dedicated so very much of their gaming time during the Euro-cycle yesterday towards the Second Battle for Chatham, nor sooth the thoughts of those who performed and executed (with impressive planning prowess) OPN WYVERN. But sometimes at the Eve of combat, amid the swirl and fog of War, events conspire against One who chooses to take the initiative.

Let no one doubt the Dragon's capability for large scale OPNs. If it had been even executed amid even a normal level of activity by Steiner and FRR (timing up crucial Clan Common Defense forces) it could easily retaken its objective.

I truly honor and am proud to game against a Faction capable of not just planning and executing OPN WYVERN, but one who is confident enough in their own strength to publish an account of it here in the forums. Much respect for that!

Separately, my "thanks-for-gaming" goes out to all those I found in battle during the Second Battle for Chatham as well as yesterday's encounters with Night's Scorn. The first match against NS is memorable. After the wreckage of more than 11 Assaults and Heavies was cleared from our Clan Drop Zones at the cost of only 350-tons of NS Mechs. It was all we could do to attempt Zellbrigin (which was rightfully denied as those of us on that particular drop had not accounted well enough for ourselves to have deserved it from NS.) Once that failed, we then transitioned to a hasty defense, tied into the tiniest bit of complex terrain on to the right of the DZ and taking full advantage of the large lasers of our own relentlessly arriving Dropships, who's pilots mercilessly still dropped single Mechs amid the Dragon's hordes!

Even that Battle was memorable and provided unique, enjoyable if unsuccessful gaming.

I want to thank all the various Servants of the Dragon for those CW drops they find the time to execute. Good luck and good gaming!

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 24 January 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#126 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

Yea, we would of taken part in an honor duel but we were trying to cram in as many drops as we could before the ceasefire (a game later that night we blitzed with light mechs on attack and won the battle in like 3.5 minutes lol, which we never do unless in a huge rush).

I envy the dedication of the clan pugs.

#127 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:32 PM

This sums up Night Scorns frustration with CW right now.

Posted Image

lol. Games like this, played for 7 hours straight yesturday night, didnt take a single planet.

And for those wondering, yes they did order me to go hide so i didnt die :P

Edited by SteelWarrior, 24 January 2015 - 03:50 PM.

#128 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

Kurita is worst faction because I play on it. Is simple.

Edited by An Anime Princess, 24 January 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#129 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:00 PM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 24 January 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

I propose a new CW strategy: all resources are to be diverted into making Anime Princess a better mechwarrior.

#130 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:08 PM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 24 January 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

Long live the Japanese princess!
Posted Image

Edited by SteelWarrior, 24 January 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#131 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

View PostSteelWarrior, on 24 January 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

This sums up Night Scorns frustration with CW right now.

Posted Image

lol. Games like this, played for 7 hours straight yesturday night, didnt take a single planet.

And for those wondering, yes they did order me to go hide so i didnt die :P

But then Kurita (having thunderbolts) should win vs clans! :P

#132 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

i know wwII analogys are mostly meeee but this one seems to fit quite well:

germany lost wwII and lost it horribly. it was smashed to pieces, trampled into the ground, burned allive and burried under bombs planes and tanks.

was germany the weakest faction in wwII ??

thats all one has to reply to this topic.

#133 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:52 AM

Germany was one of the strongest factions of WW2, if not THE strongest. If we are talking world war II, let us be Finland. Finland you say? Finland's numbers were much lower than the aggressor's (USSR), but despite being pushed heavily, the Fins never gave up and kicked the crap out of the Russians.

-k

#134 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:58 AM

Pls leave WW2, germany and so on where it belongs to.
To compare this with a game like Mwo is quiet stupid.

#135 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:19 AM

View Postpaxmortis, on 24 January 2015 - 05:57 AM, said:

Here the result after analysing all dropships by feedback of the drop leader.

Dropship 1: 5x Win, 4x attacks, 1x defense
Dropship 2: 2 Wins / 3 looses
Dropship 3: 5 wins, 2 looses
Dropship 4: 4x Wins, 2x attacks, 2x defense
Dropship 5: 1x win, 1x loose

Result overall fights

Wins: 20 (74,07% of all battles)
Looses: 7 (25,93% of all battles)

"Looses" hehehehehehehe....

I guess one could make the joke that after the pounding Kurita has taken they are now measuring "Looses".
:o

Edited by Alexander Steel, 29 January 2015 - 07:20 AM.

#136 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

Unfortunately we lack the vast amount of cannon fodder that the clans have to pump the front with numbers.

-k

#137 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:33 AM

The point.

Your head.

Gah... might as well spell it out. Looses is not the plural of Loss. Loose and Loss/lose are not the same thing. Losses is the plural of Loss.

Loss -- As in the opposite of a Win.
Loose -- As in not tight.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 29 January 2015 - 07:36 AM.

#138 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostReitmeier, on 29 January 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

Pls leave WW2, germany and so on where it belongs to.
To compare this with a game like Mwo is quiet stupid.

I second that :)

#139 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:10 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 29 January 2015 - 07:33 AM, said:

The point.

Your head.

Gah... might as well spell it out. Looses is not the plural of Loss. Loose and Loss/lose are not the same thing. Losses is the plural of Loss.

Loss -- As in the opposite of a Win.
Loose -- As in not tight.

So you really want to laugh about people that dont have english as the first language? Just curious... ;)

#140 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostReitmeier, on 29 January 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

So you really want to laugh about people that dont have english as the first language? Just curious... ;)

Correcting them. That said it's hard to tell if they did it on purpose or to be ironic or just didn't know any better, considering how there is an entire unit of Kurita guys that run around the board talking in "Engrish".

Like I said in my opening post on the subject "Looses" might work considering the pounding Kurita takes on a nightly basis.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 29 January 2015 - 08:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users