#101 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostM A S E, on 21 January 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

My CSJ contract ended and figured I would help Kurita for a few days to see for myself.. and needless to say - yes.

Interesting. I didn't see you on the House Kurita teamspeak at all last night. Please elaborate? Dropping solo?

View Postpbiggz, on 22 January 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

Posted Image

Because reasons or...?

#102 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:32 AM

View PostReitmeier, on 22 January 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

Theres was a time I enjoyed the fights again SmokeJags (-SA-, BSM, 228th, etc) because of the good and fair sportsmanship ingame and here in the forum. Unfortunately these days has gone. Blame and shame, e-pee compare, etc are now the way some Jags fighting their boredum.
Lets hope this will change again

True SmokeJags remain.

The Icons of rabble-rousers and 5th Columnists are as ephemeral as their forum criticisms are baseless... and as liable to change as the winds or with the passing of a week's time.

A true Smoke Jaguar's Icon endures.

As a 19th level Smoke Jaguar, who declared his loyalty from Hour One on Day One of Community Warfare, I knew I was positioning myself in opposition to HK for the duration of our Beta. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

From Lore to the next evening's MWO session, each compliments the other. Fictional tales of Honor, Service and Bushido serve well to set the stage for encounters with gamers representing the AVGR, 36th, NS, et al.

Good Games abound when as a Clan Solo I find myself across from a HK-led Inner Sphere Solo effort or when a 12-man of JGx roll out against a 12-man HK team. And that is why so very many of us play and pay for MWO, a chance for BattleTech immersion in a truly exceptional combat simulator.

My sincere hope that vitality and strength return to the Kurita Dragon sufficient to permit constant matches for us both... a return of what was enjoyed best.

v/r PH

#103 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 22 January 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

True SmokeJags remain.

True DCMS mechwarrior also remain! Thanks for the fights yesterday at Yumesta.

You will still get your personal greeting and 2 drops later i know JGx show up. :)

Learned many from you about CW and different tactics.

#104 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 21 January 2015 - 09:02 PM, said:

For all you guys post in our forums, you don't seem to read too well :P'
We're giving the Mariks free reign to go ahead and conquer worlds, we'll take away the one they leave behind them- we want to see where the algorithm will take them.

Ikka shhhh.... don't expose our secrets!

#105 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostVlad Ward, on 21 January 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

I like their plan. Open up a Marik route to the Clans(?), relying on the CW attack algorithm to send them North(?) while eating free Kurita planets all day. It's okay, Kurita didn't need those planets anyways.

Our brilliant plan outlined in another thread...

View PostDavers, on 22 January 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

Typical Davion. Always talking big about the Clans, but the first guy to jump on their neighbors. :P If you wanted to fight the Clans you wouldn't have made a ceasefire with Kurita to focus on Liao. You would have ignored the smallest House, and worked on creating your own corridor to the Clans.

Well guess what? YOUR attack corridor to Marik is in the south, and the game doesn't allow more than one attack corridor per faction. You literally CAN'T attack us in Kuritan space. Finally, we are free of accursed Davion interference in our plans! We will cut Davions off from the Clans and take the fight to the Clans ourselves! Marik will be remembered as the 'House that saved the IS' and Davions will be 'the guys who just wanted to fight Liao'! <insert maniacal laughter here>

Ahem...that is the plan anyway...
:D

#106 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostVlad Ward, on 20 January 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

I don't think there was anything bold about my claim. At time of writing, the 4-5 games I'd played against 9-12 mans from NS had all been victories. That game you posted the SS from was my first, and so far only loss against you guys (as I haven't been paired up against you since). Those are just facts, and I stated outright that it was coming from a sample size of only a few days with CSJ.

I don't know what the big deal about us joining CSJ is, though. Literally a week ago we were told that Kurita can't be assed to deal with Davion because they're devoting all their efforts to fighting off the Clans. We go Clans, and suddenly you can't be assed to defend against them because you're too busy fighting Steiner and Davion. You change your mind faster than I can change my contract, sue meeeee.

Too bad you only have one screenshot of a 228th carry for a win vs our uhh, 10 man. Also us with some new pledges with trial mechs. Either way good for u. We come out to fight with whomever we have. We do every night.

If you want to keep spouting your record of victory vs NS then go ahead. If you really want to put it to rest then setup a scrim vs us. If not then stick to the subject and stop acting like you have been roflstomping through all of HK since joining CSJ all by your lonesome.

Anyway, I hope Remnant sticks around after all the other CSJ mercs leave. I'm sure it will be easier to find you in drops with a smaller pop. That would be more fun, wouldn't it?

#107 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 21 January 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

Smack talking is about as fun as you can get. If the insinuation that Dear Coordinator is performing illicit sexual acts with your mother actually manages to get your goat you might want to consider taking it easy.

Actually, the only issue I had was bragging/showboating and the inherent disrespect to the other Kuritan units. Then certain others started getting a tad....over-zealous with their "banter."
They then to proceed to make it targeted, the quality of their manners is self-evident.

"Banter is good for soul, trashtalk is good for gutter-where those born low, aim low live."

Or to put it plainly: Friendly banter is great-trashtalking and gloating is the height (or low?) of poor behaviour/personality. The fact that some here on this thread actually seem to be PROUD of talking smack......says it all really. the age old "your skin is too thin" defense got wheeled out super fast...and it's still invalid. It does not matter how thin a person's skin may be, it does not mean you should be smacktalking/gloating/bragging in the first place. Others may not be offended by it, but they more than likely think you are a numpty. ;)

#108 Epitaph

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostProphetic, on 22 January 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

Anyway, I hope Remnant sticks around after all the other CSJ mercs leave. I'm sure it will be easier to find you in drops with a smaller pop. That would be more fun, wouldn't it?

No need to be an ****** about things. Not like I don't salute your NS brethren during public queue or elsewhere, same for my team for the matter.

I did not participate in Vlad's matches so I can't speak to them. But he does raise some valid points. We were HK, and we got criticized because HK wanted to do nothing but defend clans (not even attack clans back). We left, went Smoke Jaguar because of the money bonus (which consequently, was lowered a few days after our contract began) and launched against HK planets (because CGB-SJ non-aggression pact) and met no resistance on that end. I don't think I've seen more than 3-4 single unit HK members at a time. What happened?

Meanwhile I was told by NS members in public queue that NS primarily plays late at night. These last few nights have been barren of NS team members. Even when attacking Bicester last night, during supposed NS primetime, nobody was to be found. In fact the only unit that made a presence on the planet was when Oceanic Merc Corp (a Rasalhague unit) valiantly defended it (shout out to them for good fights last night).

Where have all the HK units gone? As for those HK members continuing to defend planets- you have my respect.

EDIT: included OMC faction

Edited by Epitaph, 22 January 2015 - 11:59 AM.

#109 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

I'm all for friendly banter. If my friendly crosses the line feel free to let me know, and I will explain myself and tone it down.

I personally haven't heard anyone blatantly disrespecting other units, but it is safe to say that NS has been the most active (more are playing since the last patch) in CW and given our numbers, we have been doing what you would probably call "well". I wouldn't call that bragging, but I don't think anyone would say going against NS is a cake walk.

View PostEpitaph, on 22 January 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

No need to be an ****** about things. Not like I don't salute your NS brethren during public queue or elsewhere, same for my team for the matter.

I think he is responding to the general theme of hostility in Vlad's posts in this thread.

#110 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

Where have all the HK units gone? As for those HK members continuing to defend planets- you have my respect.

We tried a lot to defend against SJ but with a 60+/60+ queue we got no games. So we defended against CGB and Steiner attacks. Kurita has enough borders to fight ;)

#111 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:09 PM

Why would we defend against csj if we will lose the planet even if we win every game? Sounds like a waste of time to me, would rather go fight where our victories mean something

#112 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:09 PM

The HK units aren't all gone, though some have been less active. NKVA is committed to trying to match NS's numbers nightly to give our house some more weight in numbers, but we unfortunately have 4 fronts, any one of which or all of which can be active on a nightly basis. You may not see us every night, but we are active and fighting, just likely not on a particular border that night.

#113 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

View PostReitmeier, on 22 January 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

There was a time I enjoyed the fights again SmokeJags (-SA-, BSM, 228th, etc) because of the good and fair sportsmanship ingame and here in the forum. Unfortunately these days have gone. Blame and shame, e-pee compare, etc are now the way some Jags fighting their boredum.
Lets hope this will change again

Frankly I like their new bite. Makes it more satisfying when the dragon chomps back.

#114 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 22 January 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

Frankly I like their new bite. Makes it more satisfying when the dragon chomps back.

I can agree with this.

#115 AzureDragoon

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

Bassically, our issue is we've got 4 fronts.

-Steiner
-CSJ
-Assisting with defending FRR from Ghost Bear
- Davion (Currently in a bit of a cold war "They hit us, we fight back),

Everyone else is mostly just 1 or 2 fronts.So we're being stretched thin.

Additionally, our defenses lately against CSJ haven't been particular well handled. Too often am I seeing IS Defenders being overly aggressive, and wrecking their 4 mechs in less than 10 minutes of a match start, or not committing enough to the defense of a large push/overcommitment on a feint push. And then we just have the standard issue of people not communicating on defense, and not working as a team.

#116 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:19 AM

Everyone knows Draconis Combine has best memes in Inner Sphere.

#117 Rihko

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

I've been unable to muster a 12 man so I took a total of six of the Lancers to the HK teamspeak server to, hopefully, meet up with another organized unit.

Sadly, after half an hour our drop filled with pugs instead (one of whom ran out of spare mechs on the second push, and two of them decided they'd rather DC than continue attacking Clans) and, needless to say, we got hammered. :/

#118 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:21 PM

we just plowed through 6-8 wins, 100% w/l and HK still lost 2 planets this ceasefire. lul

#119 Tony Benoit

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationForum Banned, New account soon

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:09 AM

View PostSteelWarrior, on 23 January 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

we just plowed through 6-8 wins, 100% w/l and HK still lost 2 planets this ceasefire. lul

Ouch.

The biggest issue here is that CSJ only has one attack route (at least for the time being). So many of us HAVE to wait in the queue to attack kurita or nothing. In the short future this may change as CSJ mercs cut their way through CGB to FRR, which will alleviate pressure on HK.

#120 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:20 AM

meh, im not sure that will even be enough to really help. The EU House Kurita units had 5 12 mans dropping during the night and they still net loss 2 planets when it was said and done.

While the 8 hour cease fire rotations are better overall, they have effectively made it so Kurita bleeds faster. Its even stopped us (NS) from holding onto what we take, went from 10 planets to 6, because we cant hold our stubborn defense nightly and fight off the drops, they just happen during the day while everyones at work

*shrug

Is what it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users