#61 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:52 AM

Besides as of right now ... based on the MAP I think it is obvious Kurita is the weakest House. Too many large or well armed enemies surrounding us. We are working hard behind the scenes to get up onto the offensive but we will see.

#62 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

Ask Liao who they think the weakest house is.

#63 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

House Kurtia has the toughest fight of any Inner Sphere House. We are bordered by the two largest IS factions, refuse to attack the only IS house on our border with comparable population size to our own, can be attacked by the largest Clan faction and we held CSJ completely at bay to the point they were one days worth of battle away from being whipped off the map entire before they got a huge influx of player from their loyalty rewards being doubled (there was a day where CSJ could attack our planets but we didn't get the option to attack any of their planets) and due to a weird quirk of the map even a house that doesn't border us is allowed to attack us.

More of our worlds are at stake each day than that of any other faction against fractions that are both larger than us and fighting on less fronts... does this make us the weakest house, not by a long shot, it does however make our territory the hardest to defend and that our pilots have to fight more to hang onto every little bit they can. The coming changes should help a lot, reduction to CSJ loyalty bonus and an increase in our own should help bring our population back up in line with others, and the option to group with people not in your unit should help fractions like ours where there was a lot of small inter-unit cooperation, but few units large enough to field lots of groups on their own. With that plus the call to arms fix I'm looking forward to the days ahead.

(admittedly I haven't been around a lot for the last month, I started out active in CW but have been too busy to play much recently, I hope to get in more games now that as an independent pilot I can actually group with people.)

Edited by Kreisel, 20 January 2015 - 02:16 PM.

#64 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:35 PM

You know Davion aren't even fighting Kurita right now, right?

#65 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

View Postpwnface, on 20 January 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

You tell us not to make bold claims and then make some yourself which are disproved by the screenshot I posted. You call out House Kurita for not having active CW units (we have very few) and then join CSJ to attack the same underpowered faction. Totally makes sense.

I don't think there was anything bold about my claim. At time of writing, the 4-5 games I'd played against 9-12 mans from NS had all been victories. That game you posted the SS from was my first, and so far only loss against you guys (as I haven't been paired up against you since). Those are just facts, and I stated outright that it was coming from a sample size of only a few days with CSJ.

I don't know what the big deal about us joining CSJ is, though. Literally a week ago we were told that Kurita can't be assed to deal with Davion because they're devoting all their efforts to fighting off the Clans. We go Clans, and suddenly you can't be assed to defend against them because you're too busy fighting Steiner and Davion. You change your mind faster than I can change my contract, sue meeeee.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 20 January 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#66 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 20 January 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

IPmagic, if we had run into you guys I would have likely sang a different story. Besides I made the mistake of rising to internet trolls. My bad. If GK had been defending then no doubt the matches would have been much different against a clan wolf unit. To be honest, I wasn't at first aware you guys were still a separate entity, I had thought you went to MS with everyone else. I have a great deal of respect for GK on and off the battlefield. Just our direct experience with the wolves has been victory ... but again we hadn't run into GK yet either.

Honestly for NS it has been frustrating ... we have dropped for literally hundreds of drops. We win 92% or more of our drops. Be it full 12 man or even as a 6 man unit. Yet we can't really make must of a dent anywhere until we can pull more HK units into CW. This will happen soon hopefully based on the recent timezone changes and overall HK restructuring.

Anyway ... I made the mistake of jumping into a forum pissing match. My bad. If I insulted anyone aside from Remnant, sorry about that. Venting on the forums is almost always fail which I just fell into the trap.

go get em crock, nothing but respect for NS, as you said, on and off the battlefield mate, hope to see you out there! Man it's so totally hard not to answer these trolls thrumming around the forums man, I find myself ponying up and poking people too, not intentional man. I need to ween myself from the brown sea once again :)
<S>
Lpmagic
aka
Greybush

#67 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:48 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 19 January 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

Many people I used to run with got tired of the huge wait times, heck in fact I've spent fully HALF my free time of an evening trying to get just one single game. They also don't like facing the clans very much, especially on Boreal with the clan range advantage etc.
Plus from what I have seen, Kurita lacks "comp" teams, most of the ones I have seen are casual units who simply aren't up for facing the metawall. Then add the fact your opponents can drop twice as often at the same time as you can and even if you win 100% of your games they still win. It's very demoralizing.

But you ARE making bold sweeping claims and ARE running your mouth that bit too much for proper decorum to be maintained. It's not making you look good, nor your fellows. Enough fella? ;)

All i got from this was "QQ Kurita is hard, lets go play somewhere else". And this would be the reason why Kurita lacks 12 mans. Easier to just break the contract and go sit on the bench elsewhere.

#68 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

View PostHarathan, on 20 January 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

You know Davion aren't even fighting Kurita right now, right?

Well, duh. Ghost dropping behind our lines isn't fighting.

#69 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

How's this for coordination? Finally 4x 12mans going at the same time. Big thanks to Cameron's Highlanders for coming out to support us!

#70 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:44 PM

After spending whole evening beating up on Steiner dogs, we decide to spit in eye of Clan vat children by dropping to defend baka Steiner world. Hey Steiner, enjoy your GOAT PATH. Gift from Dear Coordinator. Ha ha.

#71 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:44 PM

View Postpwnface, on 20 January 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

How's this for coordination? Finally 4x 12mans going at the same time. Big thanks to Cameron's Highlanders for coming out to support us!

Congratulations on the Combine's liberation of the Steiner world of Shionoha.

And my profound thanks for committing the Night's Scorn to last night's defense of Chatham. I deeply enjoyed each of the three matches I dropped into and found myself across the map from you and your own. Great matches, thoroughly enjoyed by one and all.

Again, excellent coordination to field the Dragon's full might. I look forward to future matches.

#72 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:33 PM

we appreciate it, they were some very fun matches last night :D

#73 Tony Benoit

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationForum Banned, New account soon

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:40 PM

View Postpwnface, on 20 January 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

Kudos on your coordination. If you keep this up you'll have quite a few merc units in your not too distant future to help take back the huge number of planets lost.

As one of your factions biggest critics and fan (not the player base, mind you), I'm quite happy you are making steps to turning the DC's dire situation around.

PS, QQ and 228th do have plans last I've heard to turn kurita and help you against the jags. IF they ask for help, help them.

#74 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:26 AM

View PostNotMwHighlander, on 20 January 2015 - 11:40 PM, said:

Kudos on your coordination. If you keep this up you'll have quite a few merc units in your not too distant future to help take back the huge number of planets lost.

As one of your factions biggest critics and fan (not the player base, mind you), I'm quite happy you are making steps to turning the DC's dire situation around.

PS, QQ and 228th do have plans last I've heard to turn kurita and help you against the jags. IF they ask for help, help them.

QQ and 228th have coordinated with us before even when we didn't have a proper organizational structure. If a merc unit is joining our ranks they should be supporting us not the other way around. With that in mind, we do have a system in place to allow merc units joining us to be a part of the decision making process.

It's not that we don't want to fight CSJ, personally I like fighting against clans more than IS. We just need to have a united house and not have everyone attacking / defending wherever they feel like.

#75 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:18 AM

View PostSteelWarrior, on 20 January 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

All i got from this was "QQ Kurita is hard, lets go play somewhere else". And this would be the reason why Kurita lacks 12 mans. Easier to just break the contract and go sit on the bench elsewhere.

Is the sort of response you should be posting on a forum? If that was all you got from it then there is something amiss with you.
I left my group mainly because my playstyle was not compatible with theirs-that's all.
I did think about going to another Kuritan unit-but it seems I made the right choice, if this kind of smack talk is allowed by your leaders.
Shameful display.

#76 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 21 January 2015 - 04:18 AM, said:

Is the sort of response you should be posting on a forum? If that was all you got from it then there is something amiss with you.
I left my group mainly because my playstyle was not compatible with theirs-that's all.
I did think about going to another Kuritan unit-but it seems I made the right choice, if this kind of smack talk is allowed by your leaders.
Shameful display.

If you lack intestinal fortitude for war of words, how can you fight real war? Ha ha.

#77 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:09 PM

View Postpwnface, on 21 January 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

If a merc unit is joining our ranks they should be supporting us not the other way around.

lol

#78 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostTasker, on 21 January 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

If you lack intestinal fortitude for war of words, how can you fight real war? Ha ha.

It's not about fortitude for a "war of words" it's about basic respect for other players. Like how you abused me in game tonight for example, not really on.
There is no place for egos and smack talking...a bit of fun of course, but the serious bragging/gloating/whatever is kinda sad...
The amount of disrespect towards other Kurita units on this thread is shameful-some of them do try, they just are not as good or as big as some of you. I'm glad I left this faction to be honest, at one point I was considering hopping on main ts and trying to tag along into Cw but based off of this thread and interaction with you tonight...I would have regretted it.
I'll chastise campers and the like but I won't flat out disrespect people.

#79 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:24 PM

Dont blame the faction because of one player pls.

#80 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 21 January 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

It's not about fortitude for a "war of words" it's about basic respect for other players. Like how you abused me in game tonight for example, not really on.
There is no place for egos and smack talking...a bit of fun of course, but the serious bragging/gloating/whatever is kinda sad...
The amount of disrespect towards other Kurita units on this thread is shameful-some of them do try, they just are not as good or as big as some of you. I'm glad I left this faction to be honest, at one point I was considering hopping on main ts and trying to tag along into Cw but based off of this thread and interaction with you tonight...I would have regretted it.
I'll chastise campers and the like but I won't flat out disrespect people.

Why is it their fault you won't play when you already decided to leave us? What right do you have for us to suck up to someone who already said things were too hard and stopped? We'll welcome anyone that wants to work with us and be as friendly as we can, but we're not obligated to convince people to play who already decided to give up a long time ago.

You can say you were coming back last night and Tasker was the last straw that broke you, but I think your new rasalhague icon speaks a lot louder than your 11th hour claim.

View PostReitmeier, on 21 January 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

Dont blame the faction because of one player pls.

Also this. Maybe you don't like Tasker, but that's hardly a reason to condemn an entire group.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users