#1 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

I couldnt play cause of Posted Image

error so I uninstall, delete all folders left over. Now I redownload the installer, it asks if I want to uninstall MWO (it already has been) and if I say yes, if flips out because it cant find anything TO uninstall. I cant run the repair tool (theres nothing to repair) and the only other option on the installer is close. what the **** am I supposed to do here?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,665 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

http://support.micro...l_and_Uninstall

This should help clear up the issue to remove anything left behind in the registry.

I would also look at your IE settings to reset proxy settings, in case something had changed them.

#3 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:32 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 17 January 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

http://support.micro...l_and_Uninstall

This should help clear up the issue to remove anything left behind in the registry.

I would also look at your IE settings to reset proxy settings, in case something had changed them.

mozilla you mean? I dont use IE

and lol the fix it is unavailable -.- how do I fix my connection? Im assuming thats hte issue here

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 17 January 2015 - 07:30 PM.

#4 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

No, the issue is you/it somehow messed up and registry files are left over. Try running a registry error program like CCleaner to get rid of left over or errored entries.

#5 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

so... ran cc cleaner, fixed all the issues, re-ran the installer... it still wants to uninstall a game thats already been unimnstalled

#6 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

and yes, I restarted the computer

#7 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:00 PM

By the god of computer tech savvy...I have no idea what the **** you did then. There may be an install path registry for the game that CCleaner isn't taking care of, I would suggest going to the help forum or contacting support through e-mail for assistance instead of the General Discussion section then.

#8 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 17 January 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

By the god of computer tech savvy...I have no idea what the **** you did then. There may be an install path registry for the game that CCleaner isn't taking care of, I would suggest going to the help forum or contacting support through e-mail for assistance instead of the General Discussion section then.

I currently have two emails in on support, one is four or so days old and other than the "we recieved your mail.." autoreply I havent gotten anything

#9 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

IE proxy settings..doesnt matter what browser you use. Control Panel, internet settings or use the fixit listed below. If this fix is unavailable then your system are boned.

http://support.micro....com/kb/2289942

For Foxfire, that is for its net connection, it does not change how other programs connect to the internet. Other programs will use Windows/IE Internet option hooks. Use the link below and scroll down to IE/Internet Options.

http://www.wikihow.c...-Proxy-Settings

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 17 January 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#10 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 17 January 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

IE proxy settings..doesnt matter what browser you use. Control Panel, internet settings or use the fixit listed below. If this fix is unavailable then your system are boned.

http://support.micro....com/kb/2289942

For Foxfire, that is for its net connection, it does not change how other programs connect to the internet. Other programs will use Windows/IE Internet option hooks. Use the link below and scroll down to IE/Internet Options.

http://www.wikihow.c...-Proxy-Settings

Re-read the posts, his current issue has changed. He can't even re-install the game at the moment.

#11 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 17 January 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

Re-read the posts, his current issue has changed. He can't even re-install the game at the moment.

and it appears my system is screwed as those didnt do anything either. Time for a wipe and reinstall Im thinking of all of windows 7

#12 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

He can not even download the Fix it from Microsoft. CClean may or may not have been able to fix this particular install/un-install issue so he needs to use another tool, which has been successful for others to clean up the issue.

edit (nods) at the possible clean slate. What OS are you running right now? And do you have a copy of Win7?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 17 January 2015 - 08:29 PM.

#13 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:32 PM

I suggesting trying a System Restore before resorting to reinstalling Windows 7.

Do you use any software to tackle malware, rootkits, trojans and so on (to help your AntiVirus)?

I wonder if you had an infection that is affecting you computer. I could offer suggestions for what I've tried when I've had issues with my computers.

#14 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

So the internet is failing on all fronts on that PC? Can you ping google.com? Any other devices having issues on that network?
Have you looked at your network card's configuration to make sure your router is giving you a valid IP and passing packets through?
Tried ipconfig /flushdns ?
While in CCleaner did you check the Tools>Uninstall menu to check if the entry was still there and delete it if so?

Just some thoughts from the top o my head. Best o luck buddah.

#15 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 17 January 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

I suggesting trying a System Restore before resorting to reinstalling Windows 7.

Do you use any software to tackle malware, rootkits, trojans and so on (to help your AntiVirus)?

I wonder if you had an infection that is affecting you computer. I could offer suggestions for what I've tried when I've had issues with my computers.

I have advanced system care 8 - it kinda does everything plus AVG antivirus

View PostMadLibrarian, on 17 January 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

Tried ipconfig /flushdns ?
While in CCleaner did you check the Tools>Uninstall menu to check if the entry was still there and delete it if so?

as far as dnsflush, did that, in CCleaner, its not on the uninstall list because it was already uninstalled

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 18 January 2015 - 08:14 AM.

#16 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

Very very bad issue. It happened to me too, 1 month ago.
Despite searching the forum and trying some solutions, the only way I could solve it was formatting C: ...with all the boring concequences.

#17 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:44 AM

Greetings all,

As a note here, there is or was a direct download link from PGI, that allowed the download of each specific file for MWO.
- Same thing that the 'repair tool' uses for corrupted files.

That may be a time consuming but viable method to get the entire MWO library.
- I don't have the link, it was referenced some time ago in the threads,
- and required a header with the specific file names requested following it.

I am surprised that PGI doesn't normally show this link, but understand. Security or just plain server concerns.

Just an idea,
9erRed

#18 Kamenjar

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:40 PM

Though this may require a bit of technical detail, I'd try do it before reformatting or whatever: Try installing Wireshark. It's a program that will let you inspect which connections are being attempted and giving you some details possibly on what specifically failed. MWO uses the one of the public datacenters to host the game files delivered to you (akamai?) and machines (AWS?). For all you know, it could be your ISP or some software banning the whole datacenter because someone used a machine there to send spam mails.

Edited by Kamenjar, 28 January 2015 - 12:42 PM.

#19 Marauder IIC

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:03 PM

Got this massage too a long time ago... Firewall was blocking MWO. Works for me to release the exe in the Firewall.

#20 Player 0ne

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

This is a simple one.
Find another PC. Install MechWorrior Online on that.
Note that even if the PC you use to donload MWO cannot play MWO, it can still install it.

After installaion, Explore to c:\program files(x86)\Piranh Games\
Copy the MechWorrior Online folder over to your computer in the same location. (overwrite if prompted)

Boom. You don't need registry settings for this game. I've done this a few times now.

Edited by Miyamoto Suzuki, 29 January 2015 - 09:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users