#1 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

Greetings from a Smoke Jaguar gamer,

Recently CSJ-contracted, Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance (ISMA) Mercenary Corps Units have so augmented CSJ attacks on House Kurita that Clan Smoke Jaguar found itself tonight with no acceptable Attack Options.

Fortuitously House Kurita and FRR chose to not contest our two Smoke Jaguar planets vulnerable to them this past Ceasefire Cycle.

Thus Smoke Jaguar CW drops this evening were near-100% executed in support of Clan Common Defense focusing on the Clan Ghost Bear world of Sheliak, the Clan Wolf world of The Edge and the Clan Jade Falcon world of Waldorff. This effort is also known as OPERATION CLAN UNITY. This reference: https://mrbcleague.com/cw/index.html# facilitated our efforts.

As a simple MechWarrior, I executed twelve such drops throughout the day, four in support of Clan Wolf, two in support of Clan Ghost Bear and six in support of Clan Jade Falcon. Some were wins (one rather spectacular up until the last second) and some were losses, but the aggregate result was not one Clan Planet fell tonight while great fun was had by ALL Smoke Jaguars who took this Mercenary-provided opportunity to join our fellow Clans in game.

At this point I would be greatly remiss if I did not attribute tonight's now successfully concluded Clan opportunity, to those ISMA Units currently under CSJ contract. It is their additive combat value that permitted the opportunity for tonight's display of Clan Unity.

I for one, advocate in-game for Clan Unity today, in order to ensure Inner Sphere abdication of Terra tomorrow...

...unlike the failings of lore, I consider myself a Member of the Clans first and a Smoke Jaguar ALWAYS.

OPN CLAN UNITY accomplishes many intents. With Phase One of OPN CLAN UNITY complete, preparation continues for a not too distant Phase Two.

<s>

Good luck and good hunting,

Meet you on the (Terran) high ground,

May your Enemy's resolve fail him, long before your last auto-cannon shell slams home in the breech!

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 20 January 2015 - 01:10 AM.

#2 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

This thread / OP will soon be updated.

While ONP CLAN UNITY was intended to be a one-night effort, once it began it has not yet ended.

Long Live CLAN UNITY!

#3 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

Complaining about attack lanes but refusing to attack the Bears? How ironic.

#4 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 23 January 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

Complaining about attack lanes but refusing to attack the Bears? How ironic.

you clearly have reading comprehension discrepancy, or simply did not read the ops post

#5 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:05 PM

Why is this in the IS Forum?

#6 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:37 AM

View PostDavers, on 23 January 2015 - 11:05 PM, said:

Why is this in the IS Forum?

Inner Sphere engagement.

I posted this as a way of offering explanation for Inner Sphere difficulty in capturing Clan planets since 19JAN.

I encourage and will return in kind, any resulting constructive dialogue... and of course will endure the flames of gamers who just want to flame, no harm no foul on that account. :)

#7 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:59 AM

To be honest the Clan Front is really like the opening stages of Operation Barbarossa. You're fighting a mostly unorganized enemy. While there are decent pilots in that mix, the fact that Call To Arms! sends mostly pugs your way limits how effective that part of the IS can be against you.

It's going to take a coordinated effort to overcome that handicap on the part of the Lyrans and Dracs (and I guess that other faction I constantly forget exists) to effectively push back at you.

And sure there are pugs on the Clan side too, but the fact that you have to pay to get those clan mechs (be it time or money) in order to drop means the advantage is clearly in your favor for the time being.

This is a beta right now though, so this obvious curbstomping will hopefully draw PGI's attention to the matter and things can be rectified a bit.

I'd like to clarify that I'm not saying the organized Clan units have it easy or that they're unskilled. It's just something that needs to be looked into.

#8 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 January 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

(1.) To be honest the Clan Front is really like the opening stages of Operation Barbarossa...

(2.) ...It's going to take a coordinated effort to overcome that handicap on the part of the Lyrans and Dracs (and I guess that other faction I constantly forget exists) to effectively push back at you...

(3.) ...This is a beta right now though, so this obvious curbstomping will hopefully draw PGI's attention to the matter and things can be rectified a bit.

(4.) I'd like to clarify that I'm not saying the organized Clan units have it easy or that they're unskilled. It's just something that needs to be looked into.

Excellent points all, and thank you for ensuring the first contribution to this thread was not a simple mass of flame!

1. Having a bit of a military background, I quite see your point and agree with you. The various encirclements and pocket reductions became very workmanlike during Operation Barbarosa, with great swaths of ground rapidly changing hands. In CW this dynamic continues, the three FRR planets in CGB Space are a good example. But more to your point I believe is the incredibly difficult time that personally proficient gamers have when they Solo in a disparate and non-TeamSpeak collection of twelve individuals when they go up against a practiced, proficient, TeamSpeak-enabled Team of twelve. How can there be any other outcome in 95 out of every 100-matches than for the pre-made team to win, and win decisively. As decisively as some of the outcomes that constituted your example.

2. It is not a stretch of the imagination to extend the principles of a Common Defense from my link above for use as the Defensive Component of an Inner Sphere Offensive along the Clan border. I trust many gamers have seen this already - if Davion, Marik and Liao 12-man Faction Drops DEFEND Steiner, Kurita and FRR worlds, it would free up the 12-man Faction Drops from Steiner, Kurita and FRR to go on the Attack, ALL THE TIME AND ON EVERY CLAN PLANET WITHIN REACH. But all to often parochialism holds sway and the rivalries of Lore intrude on MWO CW gaming. Oh what a glorious struggle it would be if CLAN UNITY were to be met by a UNITED FRONT of Inner. Sphere Houses... but alas, I fear that can never be, to many gamers have immersed themselves in lore and assumed some of the same preconceptions, biases and identify too readily with Lore-centric dialectic struggles.

3. The problem is that thee will ALWAYS be a qualitatively decisive advantage to a practiced and proficient 12-man Team who have not just optimized their personal drop decks BUT have also realized critical synergies with regard to integrating and complimenting the capabilities set of their first wave of 12-Mechs. As well as having a "play-book" of 12-20 option sets of tactics / follow-on Mech choice. The tactical overmatch is just too strong in a situation like this. Even when a 12-man Solo-based team finally gets MWO-integrated VOIP, sure communications can be crucial, but 12 strangers all talking at once, with not very much rhyme and reason to their maneuvers and no real practiced Hunter/Killer binaries , NARC Scout/2xLRM trinaries, etc relationships will quickly find that VOIP only gives voice to their frustration and failure. Now that goes BOTH ways however. The Antares Scorpions of House Steiner have defeated every Solo-centric Team I have been a part of, whenever we have met them, on each map and in all four modes (in the early days of CW, I found myself defending planets being subjected to a great degree of House Steiner aggression.) I readily admit that Clan Mechs can be superior, but Inner Sphere Lights in general and some quirked Mechs are more than capable (if used competently and in ground of their choosing) of achieving Inner Sphere victory after victory... Antares Scorpions are just one example of just such an elite Unit.

4. I understand and agree, there is a lot that PGI can further develop, refine and add to the game we all so enjoy already. Especially here in the last 6-months I believe PGI has embraced their now solo-role in the crafting of MWO and have produced some amazing results. The new PvE AI and its potential to make a Ghost Drop actually entertaining (if not potentially too challenging!) is one dual-use of upcoming game mechanisms I sincerely hope we see by mis-summer.

In the meantime, I think our biggest challenge is to contribute to a healthier MWO gaming community. Let's face it, every time our newest of new players joins a march and makes a series of mistakes, more often than not textual (and soon FIOP abuse is liable to be heaped upon them. Half of this now disillusioned gamers will never play MWO again and many of the remainder gain a negative impression of the game/community with every repeat of belittling insults, etc.

All we can do is come up on the chat/VOIP and proved constructive feedback, encouragement and recognition when an exceptional performance is turned in.

I try to do this, I can only hope more people do as well.

Let's work to retain gamers and build a healthier gaming. I think the billions ( :) ) PGI earned with the upcoming release of the Urban Mech will keep them solvent at least through the Steam-release this late Spring/Summer. Now it is up to our Community to reinvite MWO-original gamers and retain current gamers all the while trying to get sane enough to stop allowing small elements of our community from in-game flaming new gamers out of ever trying MWO again.

(Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom of this #WallOfText. :) )

#9 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

There is still a little Jade vs Wolf and Bear vs Wolf going on. Mostly because we don't like little whiny brother wolf. Jags are off limits as they are providing far too much entertainment in the charge to finally get the Davions out of hiding and into a decent fight while slicing Kurita in half.

#10 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:06 AM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 24 January 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

There is still a little Jade vs Wolf and Bear vs Wolf going on. Mostly because we don't like little whiny brother wolf. Jags are off limits as they are providing far too much entertainment in the charge to finally get the Davions out of hiding and into a decent fight while slicing Kurita in half.

Many an honorable and challenging match with our fellow Kurita gamers exists before Clan Smoke Jaguar can ever hope to realize a border with Davion Space. But as I have stated a number of times now, I want to see CSJ lead the Invasion of New Avalon...

...Lore never made it that far, but the CW matches resulting from a border with a Clan would be a wake up call throughout Davion Space, IMHO..

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 25 January 2015 - 11:35 PM.

#11 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:58 PM

BREAK BREAK BREAK

Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance (ISMA) attacks the Smoke Jaguar (to be repatriated to CGB) world of Polcenigo under the guise of Clan Ghost Bear.

Since Clan Ghost Bear Seniors had not pre-coordinated any OPN CLAN UNITY repatriation action, Smoke Jaguar Alliance Seniors immediately realized the true nature of this very disingenuous ISMA attempt to incite CGB / CSJ aggressions.

The clear lines of communication between CGB Seniors and CSJ Seniors confirmed that NO CGB Units were participating in attacks on Polcenigo.

Thus freed for response, CSJ defended the local CGB population from ISMA predation.

Four 12-man ISMA teams (MERCSTAR and ACES) gained through Ghost Drop 7-sectors, then as DERP, BSM, SA, 267 12-mans responded, in a manner of 90-minutes the ISMA Planetfall bastion was reduced to just 3-sectors.

The Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance was defeated in direct combat by a very responsive and highly skilled Smoke Jaguar Alliance.

Accolades and recognition go out to all Smoke Jaguar Solos and Small groups that rushed into the breach and delayed in-game the ISMA Attack on Polcenigo. I would like to especially thank all the TeamSpeak runners who got the word out...

....in the truest traditions of Paul Revere, Knowledge was Power tonight and thanks to your work and the calm, sure coordination between CGB and CSJ Seniors, we met the ISMA at our very gates and denied them ANY opportunity to incite further distraction in this Clan Rear Area.

...oh yes, and good job securing our only Offensive target, the House Kurita world of McAlister 3-hours early tonight. This cleared the boards for a UNIFIED response to the ISMA attack.

In all the finer traditions of the Smoke Jaguar, you did ALL Clans proud as you defeated the ISMA's finest Units tonight.

...and you legitimately had the opportunity to refine Clan Tech on Clan Tech tactics, techniques and procedures. We'll need these Lessons Learned as the ISMA will continue to use fifth columnist (false flags) from among our Trothkin in CGB to execute future PIRATE RAIDS.

No they chose to forego an honorable confrontation and join Kurita forces to battle against CSJ. A blatantly and desperate need to give themselves the advantage of Clan Tech was the ONLY way ISMA Seniors thought they had a chance against Smoke Jaguar Units and Solos.

As EVERYONE who views this can now attest, even at its most duplicitous (assuming the guide of CGB) the Units that compose the ISMA failed in their first DIRECT ACTION against Clan Smoke Jaguar.

Focus on 100% liberating of our Kurita objectives within the first 5-hours of every Ceasefire Cycle and CSJ will have 3-hours to meet, defeat and reduce ANY ISMA attacks to our rear area.

Clan Smoke Jaguar ever-continues toward the liberation of Terra first, once the Kurita planet is 100% liberated, ALL Smoke Jaguars are invited to defend against ISMA wherever they can be found. Tracking of ISMA efforts against CSJ are posted to http:/www.smokealliance.com

BREAK BREAK BREAK

#12 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

I just began a new thread in the Mercenary Corps Section entitled:

In part to improve OPN CLAN UNITY and gain inclusive (Inner Sphere and Clan alike) comment I began the following thread:

MERCENARY CORPS UNITS - RECOMMENDED CONSTRAINTS, RESTRAINTS, CONSEQUENCES AND REPERCUSSIONS
Started by Prussian Havoc, Today, 01:54 PM (http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4144456)

Please check it out and add whatever comments you would like.

A well-reasoned and constructive debate could help provide Community feedback to PGI as they go about crafting CW Phase 3 and beyond.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort in reading this and considering it.

#13 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:55 AM

Due to the gaming and other forum threads, I will no long be able to check this thread on a daily basis in order to respond in a timely manner to new posts.

Please PM me if a new post requires my input and I will spend with alacrity.

Thank you for considering this thread.

Other threads that may be of interest:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4144456

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4172119

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4160030

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users