#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

ComStar News Bureau
Bulletin #00-01-D
Incoming Reward Adjustments for House Kurita and Clan Smoke Jaguar
ComStar News Bureau Agents are confirming reports that changes to the reward structure are being implemented by the following Factions during today's 1:20 PM PST / 8:20 PM UTC ceasefire period.
House Kurita
Increased to
100,000 C-Bills
100 Loyalty Points
Clan Smoke Jaguar
Decreased to
50,000 C-Bills
50 Loyalty Points

#2 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:40 PM

Oh, very nice opportunities for us Mercs :D

#3 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:44 PM

I'm sure u guys are already working on it. But it would be great if this happened automatically ingame, as well as giving players an alert

#4 Victor Steiner Davion Kahn

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSitting comfortably on the Draconis Combines' Homeworld.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

Just because we are dominating we must be punished ohh well :). Forever onward to Terra.

#5 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

Whoopity do.

Your population balancing mechanic is pretty lame when the C-bill rewards are low to begin with. People don't play CW for C-bills. They certainly don't do it for the end of match rewards. Increase C-bills by a factor of 10 or find a more realistic population balancing mechanic.

#6 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

If C-Bills are the balancing mechanic, then they should make Community Warefare pay more per hour than the Public Queue...

Adding an additional 50,000 C-Bill bonus for a single CW match is pretty uneventful.

#7 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

PGI. screw you. Learn to nerf stuff before you go doing that.

#8 Grabbabrewski

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

U Mad? Remain calm, it will be ok.

Edited by Grabbabrewski, 26 January 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#9 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

Muhuhahahaha.

Thank you :)

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

Will take a lot more CBills than that to make we want to endure the epic derp of CW in its present state.

I'm sure they'll get it together sooner or later. For now, the frustration of small groups vs 12-mans is too high and the rewards waaaaaay too low.

#11 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

Let them play :D

#12 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

Excellent! Maybe we will get some good 12-man teams against whom we may test our mettle, instead of fighting 12 individual pugs almost every time. :)

#13 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 26 January 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Whoopity do.

Your population balancing mechanic is pretty lame when the C-bill rewards are low to begin with. People don't play CW for C-bills. They certainly don't do it for the end of match rewards. Increase C-bills by a factor of 10 or find a more realistic population balancing mechanic.

Getting paid a guaranteed minimum for a loss would help a lot.

#14 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

this is funny. Clan Smoke jags. now are going to loose a 3rd of their troops. lol

#15 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:24 PM

Isn't this the second CSJ nerf already ,dang.

#16 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostVictor Steiner Davion Kahn, on 26 January 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Just because we are dominating we must be punished ohh well :). Forever onward to Terra.

View PostWing 0, on 26 January 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

PGI. screw you. Learn to nerf stuff before you go doing that.

View PostCorbenik, on 26 January 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

Isn't this the second CSJ nerf already ,dang.

Hi, I'm from Clan Ghost Bear, just here to remind you that we've been making half of what you guys were, and we haven't been complaining about it.

Edited by 101011, 26 January 2015 - 02:32 PM.

#17 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

View Post101011, on 26 January 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

Hi, I'm from Clan Ghost Bear, just here to remind you that we've been making half of what you guys were, and we haven't been complaining about it.

wouldn't that mean because you have more players ? :ph34r:

#18 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

punish success and encourage contract jumping. Smooth move PGI

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 26 January 2015 - 06:34 PM.

#19 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

I don't really understand the logic behind these adjustments, there are only 10 factions but 6 (or is it 7 now) have increased C-bill rewards as a way to entice CW players to "jump ship" and help the factions that are doing poorly (although I would hardly call a 12500 or even 25000 C-bill increase per "win" enticing...specially when the cost of restocking consumables alone for your drop deck is 40000-320000 C-bills depending on what consumables people are using these days). Doesn't this defeat the purpose of us, the players determining the fate of CW ourselves??? 10 factions go to war, some will do well, some won't but if you keep "re-stacking the deck" in favor of whichever faction is poorly no one will ever truly gain significant ground.
OK I get that CW is still knee deep in beta and there are still a lot of kinks to iron out, but some things by now should be obvious to PGI. The C-bill earning for one...in the length of time it takes to que for a CW game and finish 1 battle (win or loose) I can generally play 3-4 regular public que matches and make double or more C-bills than I would earn in that one CW match even with the contract completion rewards (and even if I am playing for a faction that receives 100000 C-bills for a completed contract over one that only pays 50000 C-bills). Then there is the whole attack vs defend issue...in the beginning defend was easymode, almost everyone wanted to que defend because its more rewarding/easier to succeed so the first change (I noticed anyhow) was 90% of the time you select "defend" you get counter-"attack" instead (I know many of you will point out that counter attack is part of planetary defense I get that but it unfortunately is a game mode that plays like an attack game and is therefore not truly a defend game, you don't get turrets, you don't sit behind the wall repelling the attackers...if I selected "attack" and got counter-attack I'm happy, if I select "defend" and I get counter-attack I'm disappointed and I ask myself why I'm even asked to select a game mode). after a while attackers and counter-attackers find a way to succeed easily, the light zerg tactic. The response by PGI? Rather than look at balancing attack vs defense (what I mean by this is essentially giving attacks a better chance to succeed without having to zerg) the solution was to make defending even easier (adding the generators), then upping the drop deck minimum so people couldn't bring all light mechs, then they made defending easier again (upping the health on the generators). All these changes to try to eliminate the zerg-win tactic, but the harder PGI makes it to attack they more the zerg-win becomes a necessity...the only difference now is instead of zerging light mechs you now see 12 man zerg teams of all TW-SC-SC-SC for clans and TB-TB-?-? for Inner Sphere. I do really like the idea of community Warfare, I still think it will be a "game changer" for MWO and I am looking forward to all the new content PGI has talked about but for right now I've had enough of waiting 10-30 minutes to get a game (OK not quite so bad anymore, but still takes a while most of the time), attacking when I select defend, defending when I select attack and fight TW-SC-SC-SC times 12 every game.

#20 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:17 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 26 January 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Whoopity do.

Yeah, I need c-bills so I stopped playing CW. It's fun, but for people who don't want to join a group like me, it makes more sense to just solo drop and grind with hero/boosted mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users