68 replies to this topic

#61 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

If you use the computer for more than just gaming, i.e surfing the net downloading etc... you need a paid for antivirus suite. The free stuff doesn't cut it at stopping your unwanted program protect type malware and the FBI and metropolitan police viruses. Malware bytes is a great program but it's better for removing virus'es rather than stopping them getting on your computer in the first place.
So in short Yes a paid for antivirus is good if you can afford to pay for it, however Kapersky Norton and Mcaffe are riddled with problems and should be avoided.
Malwarebytes is a great program but does not have firewalls antiphishing botnet protection to name a few, it should also be noted free antivirus programs do not have these important features

#62 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:24 PM

None... stop going to obviously sketchy websites and downloading pr0n from them.

#63 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:33 AM

I use Avast! as Antivirus - it is Free 2 Use and works with Win10 and has no significant performance impact.

Avoiding shady Websites does not keep you Computer clean - every Website that has Advertising is a potential infection source.
Every Mod, every 3rd Party Software is an infection source.
The moment your Computer is online its put at risk!

#64 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:47 AM

View PostOdins Fist, on 09 February 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

I'm doing the OP more of a FAVOR just by telling him to Avoid Norton's and McFappy then ANY of the other posts that have been put up currently, and i'm not kidding about that.

ALSO: Not a Clanner Slick, it's called a 7 day contract.

EDIT: Quick question, have you run a business in Computer Repair etc, etc, etc, since 2007-08..??

If he wants free, he can download AVG 2015 and one of the other free Anti-Spyware/Maleware programs, or Avast and the same combo.

There are several free Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware/Spyware out there that will do the job just fine when used together.

Paying for Anti-Virus programs is not needed, I haven't for YEARS, a combo of free programs will do the trick, that and not going to hanky sites and torrenting.

but hanky sites and mc fappy, they do so well together.

But seriously its mostly what you do an where in the internet to get the cancer on your PC.
My Gf constantly watches movies online and has all the **** coming to her Latop regulary. While mine is totally fine, and secured by not giing her access xD

Edited by Lily from animove, 13 August 2015 - 04:49 AM.

#65 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:04 AM

I've used Norton 360 Premiere for years, never had an issue with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users