Kurita Davion Embassy

144 replies to this topic

#21 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

No offer has been made yet, although the DCMS is currently discussing the possibilities.

We often move slowly, but we do move both deliberately and united.

Currently, I'm just trying to gauge if Davion might be interested in diplomacy or if the general sentiment is that we should all just fight to the death forever.

#22 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

View PostProphetic, on 19 February 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

That would be an issue. Unlike Marik, we care about leaving Liao solo vs Davion.

Then it would appear to be in your interest to bring a representative of theirs to the table

#23 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

View PostProphetic, on 19 February 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

That would be an issue. Unlike Marik, we care about leaving Liao solo vs Davion.

So... we're supposed to attack no-one? Cos you're going to have a hard time convincing us that we should be attacking Marik instead.

Edited by Harathan, 19 February 2015 - 03:19 PM.

#24 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

View PostHarathan, on 19 February 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

So... we're supposed to attack no-one? Cos you're going to have a hard time convincing us that we should be attacking Marik instead.

Well, you could defend Steiner and FRR from the Clans..

#25 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

View Postpwnface, on 19 February 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Currently, I'm just trying to gauge if Davion might be interested in diplomacy or if the general sentiment is that we should all just fight to the death forever.

*tilts head* This time last week, the impression I had was that the DCMS had committed to pushing as far south as practical.

Obviously, something has changed. I suspect I know what it is, but leave that alone for a moment.

If it's changed once, what's to keep it from changing again?

#26 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 19 February 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

OP I think you will find it hard to get past the MASSIVE level of resentment many of the forum posters from groups such as NKVA have managed to build. Personally I am generally a friendly guy and willing to have a light hearted ribbing contest with anyone but I'm afraid once someone annoys me enough there generally is no going back. Hell hath no fury like an angry Scotsman and II'm afraid the line has been crossed by a few.

No grievance with yourself, so feel free to chat away. I'll reply in the tone of the question.

Personally, I think NKVA is pretty funny, and are CLEARLY trolling. Liiiiike...transparently trolling.

Granted, I'm not dropping against them night after night because I'm up on the Clan front, so I imagine if they're both good pilots AND doing that in game, it would wear thin pretty fast. Some, a select few, I'd find out, of the LORDS were like that too ("ggclose", "lol n00bs", "you guys suck", etc, etc). It wasn't even good trolling, just bad sportsmanship of a 12-man stomping the snot out of a PUG drop that included two DCs and at least three players with armlock and 3PV defaulted on.

So if they're like that in-game? It would get old.

But in the forums? Their posts have been some of the mostly lively and engaging that I've seen in a while. Then again, I'm in Seattle, which is a pretty snarky place...

#27 thinkn bout thos Beans mans game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostTheFuzzyBunny, on 19 February 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

I don't mind playing against you guys skill level wise. You're good. I hate the extra abusive smack talk. I'd rather let you turret walk your way till this game folds up and dies if I have to listen to one more "Die Clanner" or other tripe you constantly use. I don't want to have to turn off global chat because generally speaking we're all playing the same game and here to have fun, and it's nice to chat with friends on the other side. Seriously though, you're taking the trolling to far.

Play the game, have fun, win or lose. but stop the troll fest. You might see more people playing then.

Die, Clanner

#28 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

View Poststratagos, on 19 February 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

*tilts head* This time last week, the impression I had was that the DCMS had committed to pushing as far south as practical.

Obviously, something has changed. I suspect I know what it is, but leave that alone for a moment.

Opinion within the DCMS lower ranks (i.e. not high command and not representative of Kurita's strategy) has always been that we'd stop at Robinson and really focus on taking Smoke Jag down. Robinson isn't far away now.

#29 JamboJuice

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 84 posts
  • LocationArmpit of America, South Carolina

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

View Postpwnface, on 19 February 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

No offer has been made yet, although the DCMS is currently discussing the possibilities.

We often move slowly, but we do move both deliberately and united.

Truthfully, if you made a serious offer for a reset of the borders to day 1, it would seriously smooth things over. Simply because of the location of the current border in proximity to Robinson.

#30 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

View Poststratagos, on 19 February 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

To be perfectly honest, the general vibe is that fighting Davion isn't fun anymore. There aren't any organized 12mans regularly dropping against us and the ones that do aren't exactly the most competitive. The majority of matches we get are against mixed groups. While we enjoy farming C-Bills, we crave the excitement of fighting more challenging clan units from CSJ and CGB. We can not launch any reasonable offensive against the clans if we have to tie up our forces to defend/attack against Davion. Even if we are winning our matches against Davion it takes up valuable time and resources that could be dedicated against the clan invaders.

Speaking plainly, this has nothing to do with Marik's actions against us and the wormhole has already been closed. Marik can not hurt us even if they wanted to. The truth is we've been thinking about the possibility of diplomacy with Davion for well over a week now, we are just thinking out the details and getting a general vibe before making any kind of offer.

#31 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 February 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

Well, you could defend Steiner and FRR from the Clans..

Well, does *Liao* want to have no one to attack? Seems they might not be thrilled with that any more than FS

#32 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

View Poststratagos, on 19 February 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

Well, does *Liao* want to have no one to attack? Seems they might not be thrilled with that any more than FS

We have diplomatic envoys reaching out to Liao as well to gauge their intentions. I'm not sure everyone wants to be one big happy family as we've seen recently with the nSL failure.

#33 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 February 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

So charming. Regardless of what you believe, the truth is the truth.

Super serious, we really want a truce with you guise. We swears.

#34 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 19 February 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

Opinion within the DCMS lower ranks (i.e. not high command and not representative of Kurita's strategy) has always been that we'd stop at Robinson and really focus on taking Smoke Jag down. Robinson isn't far away now.

And how content were you to have Dieron in purple? ;)

#35 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 19 February 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Just out of interest (I am not a NKVA member), is "Die, clanner" really extra abusive? Surely there must be more to it than that, because on its own "Die, clanner" is pretty mild and obviously used in jest (because you are Davion, and hence not actually clanners)?

No of course not, that is just part of that. In every game I've played against NKVA I've either been accused of hacking or using exploits when we win, and a terribad newb when we lose. Not once has a single kind word come out of their chat. Not a single GG, that was fun, or any type of friendly talk. It's always mean, spiteful, troll speak.

You simply need to look at almost every thread in this section and you'll get a sense of what I'm talking about. I doubt you'd find a single person who piloted against them in CW who said they were fun to play against. The truly sad thing is they are a decent group of players who would get a lot more respect if they just kept with their business and played the game.

#36 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

View PostHarathan, on 19 February 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Don't get too excited. HK always looks to explore options while also keeping their friends in mind.
Some don't, but that's not us.

Don't put words in my mouth though.

#37 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostBaldwina, on 19 February 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Die, Clanner

Perfect example. People ask, we supply answer, and a Kurita Troll shows up with nothing but evidence to support we know where the Trolls live.

#38 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

View Poststratagos, on 19 February 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

And how content were you to have Dieron in purple? ;)

We had elements within the DCMS who opposed letting Marik take Dieron but ultimately we decided to allow them to take it. Once Marik decided to betray us, we were more than happy to unleash our disgruntled brothers. We've taken back every planet every ceasefire from Marik with or without opposition.

#39 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostTheFuzzyBunny, on 19 February 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

No of course not, that is just part of that. In every game I've played against NKVA I've either been accused of hacking or using exploits when we win, and a terribad newb when we lose. .

Obviously you need to stop being a terribad hacker

#40 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

View Postpwnface, on 19 February 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

To be perfectly honest, the general vibe is that fighting Davion isn't fun anymore. There aren't any organized 12mans regularly dropping against us and the ones that do aren't exactly the most competitive. The majority of matches we get are against mixed groups. While we enjoy farming C-Bills, we crave the excitement of fighting more challenging clan units from CSJ and CGB. We can not launch any reasonable offensive against the clans if we have to tie up our forces to defend/attack against Davion. Even if we are winning our matches against Davion it takes up valuable time and resources that could be dedicated against the clan invaders.

Speaking plainly, this has nothing to do with Marik's actions against us and the wormhole has already been closed. Marik can not hurt us even if they wanted to. The truth is we've been thinking about the possibility of diplomacy with Davion for well over a week now, we are just thinking out the details and getting a general vibe before making any kind of offer.

This is probably because playing against you isn't fun when half the matches are against the Troll kings. I loved playing against you guys in NS, even when you rolled over us a good chunk of the time. You did your business and weren't mean about it. I have better things to do than play against trolls though. Especially in a CW Beta that doesn't mean anything as it will be reset soon <tm>.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users