Executioner New King Of The Battlefield.

88 replies to this topic

#21 Lsq78

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:09 AM

13 SPL. As many DHS as it can manage, with a TCI.
7 SPL to left click, 6 to right click.
Maxed armor.
FITE ME

On a more serious note, this thing is seriously hampered by the 25ish tons of pod space. That's as much as the hellbringer for a chassis that weighs 30 tons more. It's fast, agile and tanky for its weight class, but it will bring the equivalent of a peashooter when compared to a Banshee or an Atlas, or even a battlemaster for that matter.
All that remains to be seen is how MASC will be implemented, because it is potentially this mech's gamechanger, along with its JJ.

#22 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:24 AM

Depends on the hitboxes. Could be very good.

Could be ****.

#23 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:00 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 22 February 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

Depends on the hitboxes. Could be very good.

Could be ****.

I'm worried about this and how MASC will work. I'm kinda still on a ledge about pre-ordering.

#24 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:00 PM

Don't forget, with the MASC this badboy mech is going to be as fast as a Timber Wolf.

95 tons @ 90 kpm.

26.5 tons of weapon space... there's PLENTY of room for all the heat sinks you'll ever need to cool this baby down. Just try to imagine 13 ER Medium Lasers + 13 heat sinks running at you @ 90 kpm.

Now try to imagine two waves of twelve of them...

View PostLsq78, on 22 February 2015 - 04:09 AM, said:

13 SPL. As many DHS as it can manage, with a TCI.
7 SPL to left click, 6 to right click.
Maxed armor.
FITE ME

On a more serious note, this thing is seriously hampered by the 25ish tons of pod space. That's as much as the hellbringer for a chassis that weighs 30 tons more. It's fast, agile and tanky for its weight class, but it will bring the equivalent of a peashooter when compared to a Banshee or an Atlas, or even a battlemaster for that matter.
All that remains to be seen is how MASC will be implemented, because it is potentially this mech's gamechanger, along with its JJ.

Not necessarily true. Lasers do not weigh as much as other types of weapons, so the "low-ish" pod space just means a lot of laser boat builds. 12x erml is not a pea shooter by any means.

Edited by Repasy, 22 February 2015 - 12:03 PM.

#25 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

I might hold off buying an ExE , anytime I see notes of a fast and mobile assault mech I think "squishy mech with huge hit boxes!" I think that is where the gargoyle falls flat. I think if you want an assualt for CW it's got to have a crap ton of armor and being able to tank like the dire wolf

#26 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:44 AM

I know that I for sure am going to try to get 2 ER PPCs and a Gauss to work

#27 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 March 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

I know that I for sure am going to try to get 2 ER PPCs and a Gauss to work

Yea that would be good, I just want two UAC ballistics and a crap ton of lasers in my caldron born

#28 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

I remember seeing a thread alike this one about the Gargoyle. We all remember how well that load of "speculation" went...

Also while I do realise MASC has yet to be finalised I can probably put money on there being that small chance your Mech will either seize up, damage the legs, or both as a result of consistent use. I don't know about you but if I saw a Mech I know has a weakness in the legs I'm aiming for them. 95t of assault Mech moving at ~32kph. I don't care how much firepower is on it, it's a target.

It should also be noted that it only has slightly more armour than a Timber Wolf; 460 vs. 518.

Edited by KelesK, 03 March 2015 - 12:04 PM.

#29 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:13 PM

No one with an actual clue thought the goyle was going to be good.

Pugs is pugs.

#30 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 03 March 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Pugs is pugs.

I will admit, I secretly hoped...

#31 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 03 March 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Pugs is pugs.

Lol, and yet when I took my Gargoyles out for a spin tonight I ended up with most kills, most dmg on team. Hmmmm... ;)

#32 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:23 AM

A stripped nova+2DHS should represent quite well our Executioner: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...701c97091626bd3

Probably, the only ballistic I'll use is the GR, just because it's cool. Even so, mounting 3-4 ER ML + 6-7 ER SL make the Executioner as hot as hell: NVA-PRIME
We really need a removable MASC and +4 DHS (or DHS 2.0, but this won't happen of course).

I will probably also try 2xSRM6 in the LA +2t of ammo. They weight only 5t and give a good punch in CQB. Something like:
EXE-D LA: 2x SRM6+2t
EXE-D LT: 1x ML ("nipple-mounted" for poking and while closing in)
EXE-Pr RT: GR+3t (if the hitbox is not over exposed, or the GR could be dangerous there)
EXE-D RA: 7x ER SL

Or:

EXE-Pr LA: GR+3t
EXE-D LT: ER ML
EXE-D RT: 2xER ML
EXE-D RA: 7x ER SL
+some DHS

#33 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

Don't place any bets on MASC being removable. At least not on Clan mechs.

#34 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

View Postred devil2, on 04 March 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

We really need a removable MASC

View Postreddevil, on 12 March 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

Don't place any bets on MASC being removable. At least not on Clan mechs.

PGI has stated, like, a year ago that MASC is going to be fixed on omnimechs just like structure, armor and heatsink type. So do not even think of it. A http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Supercharger on the other hand, is a piece of equipment much like BAP, as far as I understand, so it can be put on and off no problem. Executioner with supercharger would run up to 100 kph :rolleyes: The only problem is it is unavailable until 3078.

#35 Tincan Nightmare

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

View PostPezzer, on 21 February 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

Bought the Cauldron-Born pack after looking at the Executioner in Sarna. It's able to carry so many weapons because it takes less armor, which means we are all going to have to mod the stock configs to have LESS weapons and more armor. We will not be able to effectively make use of all the energy hardpoints especially since the JJs and MASC are fixed. having MASC will be neat, but we all know that it's going to be gimped as hell due to the nature of the tech. My guess is that you can't fire weapons while using MASC and it has a cooldown or something similar.

It's a huge target that, due to its' size, will not make for a good sniper and as a result is wasting pod space on JJs. It has too little pod space to be a brawler. It's a giant tank trying to make use of its' speed which is like a moving building trying to dodge cannon/laser fire, the combination will not work out.

A mech works well if it has a combination of all elements or goes for all agility/all armor and firepower. I do not have high hopes for the Executioner unfortunately, it has too much speed and not enough pod space for an Assault mech.

The only builds that I can see working well are ML vomit and LL boating, that's about it. If there's a missile boat variant it may work out ok while the ballistic variant is going to be gimped much like the Gargoyles' hardpoint/pod space combos. I really need to play my Gargoyles, speaking of which, but they weren't very satisfying the last time I tried :(

Actually the Executioner isn't that bad on armor. In the TT it carries 13.5 tones of Clan FF, which gave it almost maxed armor except on the torsos. If they straight double the values, your looking at 74/18 for the CT, 40/20 for the side torsos, 64 for the arms, and 80 for the legs. Just shuffling some armor from the legs and arms will probably be enough as far as armor protection goes. Also, with its 380 rated engine, only 1 of its 16 stock DHS will need to be mounted outside the engine, so it will have good heat dispersal.

The bigger problems will be crit slots, and weapon hardpoint placement. With MASC, JJ's, and FF armor (plus that 1 DHS), it only leaves the Executioner with about 26 open slots split between the arms and torsos. With Clan tech taking up less crits than IS tech thats not bad, but it might limit available builds (most in TT went either all energy or one big ballistic and supporting energy weapons). As far as weapon hardpoint placement, looking at the artwork it looks like it will be another mech firing low from around the waist. So the biggest problem for the Execution will be the same as for the Atlas, needing to expose a lot of the mech to make a shot.

#36 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 20 March 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

As far as weapon hardpoint placement, looking at the artwork it looks like it will be another mech firing low from around the waist. So the biggest problem for the Execution will be the same as for the Atlas, needing to expose a lot of the mech to make a shot.

Well, I hope that 8t of JJ could help a bit :wacko:

#37 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostFearNotDeath, on 21 February 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

What do you guys think of the Executioner going toe to toe with the Dire wolf? Do you think the Executioner has what it takes to dethrone the king of battle? Personally I like it and I can't wait to see the end of dire wolves which litter the battlefield now that they are C-bill purchase

I am hoping that the third wave dominates just as the first wave did.

The Executioner is gonna be a nasty mech. Timberwolf podspace with 4 jump jets and mask already on the mech? 13 energy? ballistic and missile options? 95 tons of armor? Timberwolf speed with mask? Anyone who thinks this mech will be bad is stupid.

#38 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:36 PM

Hummm... I will surely try this build:

11x Small Pulse Laser
1x ER PPC (left torso)
25 DHS
15 tons of FF armor (almost the maximum 15.5)
Targeting Computer I

It's 81 Alpha and ~7 DPS. Not bad!

Probably not the "New King of The Battlefield", but a force to be reckoned with.

Edited by Odanan, 22 March 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#39 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostRepasy, on 21 February 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

Like I said before, 95 tons means you can drop 2x EXE and 2x MLX, so you're gonna see a LOT more Executioner than you ever could have seen Dire Wolf.

Two waves of Gladiator meta will cripple the Inner Sphere, just you wait...

whos gonna want a Misty Lynx when you have artic cheaters :o?

#40 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:25 PM

View PostOzealot, on 22 March 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

Enjoy 83,28 heat per alpha.

???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users