Executioner New King Of The Battlefield.

88 replies to this topic

#41 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

View PostOzealot, on 22 March 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

There is an error in my post: Heat + Ghost Heat for firing 11 CSPL is 58,20 + 15 from the CERPPC = 73,20.
I wrote 82,28 but that is for 11 CERSML 68,28 + 15 from the CERPPC. My mistake.

Well.. you don't need to fire all the CSPL at the same time.

#42 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

First I read the first post, and the water I was drinking came out of my nose. Then I noticed the date.

#43 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:48 AM

View PostOzealot, on 22 March 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

But it's exactly these kind of posts, like "my Executioner has an alpha of 81" which create stupid IS whine threads and every tard who wants to chip away Clan efficiency chimes in. CW doesn't stop on the battlefield, as you might have noticed.

When you use that Alpha your Mech is gone due to overheat from massive GH penalty. To properly brawl 25 DHS are not enough for your build idea anyway.

No hard feelings Odanan. I share your excitement for Wave 3.

I tested on the Heat Simulator and it is pretty manageable with 3 weapon groups. Of course, you would need a lot of fire discipline in the hot maps...

And, no hard feelings, Ozealot, but some people find strange that you are liking your own posts... :ph34r:

#44 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:16 AM

View PostOzealot, on 22 March 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

Those who can do a bit of math.

You mean to tell me you cant fit 4 in the drop deck because they weigh more darn.

#45 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:42 AM

Executioner vs King Crab:

FIGHT!

#46 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

the EXC will never be able to go toe to toe with the DWF with 21 tons of pod space, in a maneuvering battle it may be alright we will have to see if its as sluggish or worse then the HGN which considering its a clan mech it should be safe to assume mass pre-drop nerfage as opposed to pre-drop quirkage..... hover jets as well :(

#47 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 23 March 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

the EXC will never be able to go toe to toe with the DWF with 21 tons of pod space, in a maneuvering battle it may be alright we will have to see if its as sluggish or worse then the HGN which considering its a clan mech it should be safe to assume mass pre-drop nerfage as opposed to pre-drop quirkage..... hover jets as well :(

I feel they are comparable also. Same mech niche. Top weight with decent/above-average mobility. I feel also that any HGN skilled pilot can ubber-destroy any Atlas skilled pilot in the open (whr Atlas cant place his back in a wall to make use of the ballistic torso), or in any place whr the Highlander pilot can take advantage of the JJs to "cross the T" over the Atlas head. Its gonna depend a lot in the actual position of Executioner weapon hardpoints, but probably the same will happen with the Exec-Dire comparision. But lets take this serious: the extra mobility in a mech with that much weight means that u can out-flank anything u cant out-gun, and a HUGE alpha in the back of an Atlas or Dire tends to be death, cause they also tend to overheat a lot in close-quarters using all weapons at a time when they feel like hitting, usually meaning they suicide due to overheat or giving chance to finish the work. The hard part is normally to hit the first alpha in the back of them, from there on they tend to be easier to kill.

Comparing the EXC-HGN, still the HGN have the edge in being ugliest and less imposing at a time ;)

#48 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

^Personally, I find the Executioner to be much uglier than the Highlander, in pretty much every artistic iteration of the two... But I also find it more imposing than the Highlander in spite (or perhaps because) of that ugliness. So long as they don't make it look anything like the giant Tonka-toy Executioner in MW4, I'll be happy.

#49 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:01 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 20 March 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

PGI has stated, like, a year ago that MASC is going to be fixed on omnimechs just like structure, armor and heatsink type. So do not even think of it. A http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Supercharger on the other hand, is a piece of equipment much like BAP, as far as I understand, so it can be put on and off no problem. Executioner with supercharger would run up to 100 kph :rolleyes: The only problem is it is unavailable until 3078.

Yeah thats their plan at the moment. Im hoping (though not confident) that they will fail dismally and give up on it and give it back to the mechs as free tonnage, since my Shadowcat would quite like that 2 extra tons to make running a Gauss possible, and my Executioner would LOVE that extra 4 tons, a whole cartload more than it wants a bit of extra speed probably coming at the cost of leg damage or heat increases.

#50 Metal Militia

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:21 AM

Just for the record, SHC-P comes with Gauss and 6 MG.

[color=#959595]since my Shadowcat would quite like that 2 extra tons to make running a Gauss possible[/color]

#51 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 30 March 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

Yeah thats their plan at the moment. Im hoping (though not confident) that they will fail dismally and give up on it and give it back to the mechs as free tonnage, since my Shadowcat would quite like that 2 extra tons to make running a Gauss possible, and my Executioner would LOVE that extra 4 tons, a whole cartload more than it wants a bit of extra speed probably coming at the cost of leg damage or heat increases.

Actually without MASC Shadow Cat would be nearly useless, since without it there will be little reason to take it over Ice Ferret or http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Grendel that weigh those same 45 tons but are a lot more mobile, or Kit Fox that does pretty much same things (including Gauss) but is a lot lighter and smaller. The Executioner would fare a little better but would also have no benefits over http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Turkina or 5 tons lighter and just THAT much more powerful http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Blood_Asp Game design-wise MASC is nothing but a sprint button with a potentially harmful twist, so I see no room for failure here.

#52 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:13 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 30 March 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

Actually without MASC Shadow Cat would be nearly useless, since without it there will be little reason to take it over Ice Ferret or http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Grendel that weigh those same 45 tons but are a lot more mobile, or Kit Fox that does pretty much same things (including Gauss) but is a lot lighter and smaller. The Executioner would fare a little better but would also have no benefits over http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Turkina or 5 tons lighter and just THAT much more powerful http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Blood_Asp Game design-wise MASC is nothing but a sprint button with a potentially harmful twist, so I see no room for failure here.

What are you on about? complete lack of understanding of what makes mechs good shown here.

107 kph with 6JJs and ECM, 18 tons of space (if MASC was ditched) + very high mounted hardpoints, useless compared to the ice ferret.. with its 8 tons of pod space, no JJs, no ECM and low mounted arm hardpoints.. REALLY? Running fast is useless if you cant do anything useful when you get there.

Kit fox has arm mounted ECM, same speed but very little armour, cant jump to the same extent unless you utterly gimp your loadout and its 2E left arm has hardpoints that are literally the lowest in the game.

We will never get the Blood Asp (i hope), and regardless of what is done with MASC it would be the best mech in the game by a country mile if we did.

The Exe is 71.3kph compared to the Turkinas 53 kph, so no clue what you are on about there. The Turkey competes with the Dire Wolf, nothing else.

#53 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:05 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 02 April 2015 - 02:13 AM, said:

We will never get the Blood Asp (i hope), and regardless of what is done with MASC it would be the best mech in the game by a country mile if we did.

Hey, we will get the Blood Asp (eventually).

We are getting one new Clan Wave for each ~6 months. By November/December, there will be Clan Wave IV and by June/July 2016, Clan Wave V.

If they don't add the Kingfisher, the assault mech in Clan Wave V will be the Blood Asp or the Savage Coyote (considering popularity, it must be the Blood Asp).

View PostOdanan, on 12 November 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

Clan Wave IV (Jade Falcon and Clan Wolf favorites. Timeline: 3052):

- Light: Fire Falcon
- Medium: Black Lanner (or Phantom, or Pouncer, or Huntsman)
- Heavy: Night Gyr (or Linebacker)
- Assault: Turkina
Reinforcements/Reward: Viper

PS: with the Kingfisher and a MASC-less Fire Moth, there could one more Clan Package before any time jump.

Clan Wave V (later omnimechs. Timeline: 3060):

- Light: Hellion
- Medium: Mongrel/Grendel
- Heavy: Nova Cat
- Assault: Blood Asp (or Savage Coyote)
Reinforcement/Reward: [any mech listed in the Clan Wave IV that wasn't included], or Cougar, or even Coyotl - but Cougar is too slow for a light mech and the rare Coyotl needs a third variant

#54 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:12 AM

Actually, Russ said that the Clan waves are a trilogy, so Wave 3 is the last one.

I would rather expect a IIC pack as next Clan pack, but i wonder how they will implement Clan Battlemechs and the fact that many have a single variant or two at best..

That could open the way, in the future, for more Clan BattleMechs.. Mad Cat mk. II :wub:

#55 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:31 AM

View PostOdanan, on 02 April 2015 - 03:05 AM, said:

Hey, we will get the Blood Asp (eventually).

We are getting one new Clan Wave for each ~6 months. By November/December, there will be Clan Wave IV and by June/July 2016, Clan Wave V.

If they don't add the Kingfisher, the assault mech in Clan Wave V will be the Blood Asp or the Savage Coyote (considering popularity, it must be the Blood Asp).

Just a personal opinion, but i think the Blood Asp is too well optimised for MWO to be really balanced.. it makes the Timby look REALLY badly designed in comparison.
  • 360XL engine in a 90 tonner? Perfect balance between speed and weight.
  • ES for weight savings but no FF so internal space issues avoided (literally the only clan mech in existance with that combo)
  • Up to 4 ST ballistic mounts as high up as it is possible for them to be (twin gauss/quad uac5 on the roof of the mech? imagine a king crab if its ballistics were in the torsos...)
  • Humanoid with all the advantages in durability that brings (including nice high mounted cockpit, so no being shot at by things you cant see)
  • 3E in each arm for actuated laser vomit backup to the ballistics
  • 42 tons of pod space at max armour with 4 hardwired heatsinks.
  • A and B variants have ECM in the CT
  • A and E variants have JJs (A variant has 1 in CT 1 in each ST, E has 2 in each leg. A Variants ST JJs are useless since no weapon hardpoints with them though)
TOO DAMN GOOD. if it was released id never drive another mech tbh.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 02 April 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#56 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:22 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 02 April 2015 - 03:31 AM, said:

Just a personal opinion, but i think the Blood Asp is too well optimised for MWO to be really balanced.. it makes the Timby look REALLY badly designed in comparison.
  • 360XL engine in a 90 tonner? Perfect balance between speed and weight.
  • ES for weight savings but no FF so internal space issues avoided (literally the only clan mech in existance with that combo)
  • Up to 4 ST ballistic mounts as high up as it is possible for them to be (twin gauss/quad uac5 on the roof of the mech? imagine a king crab if its ballistics were in the torsos...)
  • Humanoid with all the advantages in durability that brings (including nice high mounted cockpit, so no being shot at by things you cant see)
  • 3E in each arm for actuated laser vomit backup to the ballistics
  • 42 tons of pod space at max armour with 4 hardwired heatsinks.
  • A and B variants have ECM in the CT
  • A and E variants have JJs (A variant has 1 in CT 1 in each ST, E has 2 in each leg. A Variants ST JJs are useless since no weapon hardpoints with them though)
TOO DAMN GOOD. if it was released id never drive another mech tbh.

Indeed, TOO DAMN GOOD. Can I have one? :P

And... can I start already a thread called "Blood Asp new king of the battlefield?". ;)

#57 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

Just an observation: the Blood Asp is not humanoid.
Spoiler

And I'm sure PGI can balance it with bad hitboxes and no quirks.

#58 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

View PostOdanan, on 02 April 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

Just an observation: the Blood Asp is not humanoid.
Spoiler

And I'm sure PGI can balance it with bad hitboxes and no quirks.

Mmmm ok yeah that image isnt that humanoid, i was going by this:

Posted Image

And the problem with balancing by quirks is that less optimal clan mechs (SCR, DWF, TBR) are already not going to get any quirks.. i guess they could give it bad twist though. (and that image you showed WOULD have pretty damn bad ST hitboxes.. still though. be like a Timberwolf with a Jagermech on its head.)

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 02 April 2015 - 04:33 AM.

#59 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:40 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 02 April 2015 - 04:31 AM, said:

Mmmm ok yeah that image isnt that humanoid, i was going by this:

Posted Image

How many human beings that you know of have that kind of legs, i may ask.. :huh:

#60 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 02 April 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

How many human beings that you know of have that kind of legs, i may ask.. :huh:

Chicken Walker/ Human legs has like 0 impact on how survivable a mech is lol. Its the Torso sections and arms - basically can you shoot the CT from the sides even if it twists (Dire) or are you stuck shooting the arms (atlas). I think this would be somewhere in between actually, since you could almost certainly hit the STs from any angle, but not the CT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users