168 replies to this topic

#21 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 22 February 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

We'd still be there if it wasn't for the behavior of those speaking on behalf of Kurita. I know much of Marik was pretty revolted with the treatment the help they sent received (MercStar treachery not withstanding because they're just going goon on everybody). I'm just trying to give you some perspective. It seems obvious that it's not wanted or respected. So that's that.

But you believe what you want. Well 'roleplayed'.

You reap what you sow.

Man, I had a sincere response to this all typed out, but I really just can't get over the absolutely mind-numbing level of arrogance and condescension being meted out by Seraphim posters. I don't want to start shitposting in the middle of this thread since it's meant to be one of the good ones, but you guys are ten kinds of frustrating to engage with.

I'll take NKVA any day of the week.

#22 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 22 February 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

Kurita always seems to excuse the bad behavior of their players. A lot like excusing people for being criminals because thats how they were raised. Not an excuse. If you cant act like a respectful human being, you deserve to be punished.

drugs are illegal [Redacted]

#23 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

Is a branding issue. Kurita has developed a brand of late based on how they are perceived in game and on the forums. With any product brand recognition this spreads by word of mouth. It takes ~21 days of steady input to build brand recognition an a given message, at which time it's pretty well stuck.

The idea that you can say something or do something and not have people color their opinions and perception of you and everyone they associate with you. I'm absolutely not telling people how to behave. I am saying that everyone absolutely gets to treat you as they feel appropriate based on that behavior. The issue isn't being saucy on the forums and in matches. It's doing so and then complaining that you don't want that held against you and your faction. Of course it will be.

You're always under the standard.

#24 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

Honestly at this point whatever can be gotten from this thread has been gotten. I appreciate everyone who humored me with this discussion :)

#25 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

Quote edited for accuracy

View PostVlad Ward, on 22 February 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

...I really just can't get over the absolutely mind-numbing level of arrogance and condescension being meted out... in the middle of this thread since it's meant to be one of the good ones, but ... guys are ten kinds of frustrating to engage with.

Posted Image

Edited by Kjudoon, 22 February 2015 - 03:53 PM.

#26 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 22 February 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

I'll take NKVA any day of the week.

Posted Image

Edited by The Droid, 22 February 2015 - 03:54 PM.

#27 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:13 PM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 22 February 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

they too would have honored the agreement and taken their Forum Warriors north the the uh clan forum front.

Think you need to specify "northern" or "southern" clan front. Ha ha.

#28 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 22 February 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

Can you appreciate that this looks like Kurita had some big gains that they are starting to see can't last and they want to cement those while they can and then look for support against the Clans to shore up an otherwise poor long term position?

It is foolish to mistake honor for weakness. I am not speaking for others, but for myself it is mostly the uneasiness involved in attacking an underdefended foe (who is also attacked even more heavily by others, including their "allies" in Marik), and secondly the idea that more forces could be freed up agains the Clans that makes me think that rapprochement with Davion would be a sound idea.

Also, please understand the difference between a house that started out with 200 worlds less and faces the Clans, and your own. Kurita cannot afford to allow a repeat of the deep incursions into its territory. Southern IS houses and northern IS houses are in fundamentally different positions that way.

#29 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 22 February 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

Kurita always seems to excuse the bad behavior of their players. A lot like excusing people for being criminals because thats how they were raised. Not an excuse. If you cant act like a respectful human being, you deserve to be punished.

More speculation and heresay. Thats all you guys ever have. "Davions need ghost drops!" "marik alts attacking our capital!" (since when is it not okay to have a clan alt? How many of these whiners have a clan alt themselves?) and now "the people who left would have left anyway, for realz".

This Bear aint buying it

Kurita has no authority over me irl because this is a videogame. I invite anyone to try to 'punish' whatever 'bad actors' they may feel exist by playing this videogame, being good at it, and making them lose. There's really no other punishment that is reasonable or acceptable. If every single kuritan house pilot pulled some ridiculous 'you are an outcast' thing on me I'd still get to have the dragon and drop with them in cw and post on these forums about how the dear coordinator says you're bad at videogames.

#30 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 22 February 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

We'd still be there if it wasn't for the behavior of those speaking on behalf of Kurita. The only gains you guys had occurred after the BWC, ACES and SRPH showed up and have now reversed since their departure.

I know much of Marik was pretty revolted with the treatment the help they sent received (MercStar treachery not withstanding because they're just going goon on everybody). I'm just trying to give you some perspective. It seems obvious that it's not wanted or respected. So that's that.

But you believe what you want. Well 'roleplayed'.

You reap what you sow.

Kjudoon I'm sorry you had a bad time in Kurita and couldn't get anyone to do what you wanted or expected but we are and were fighting Davion on the borders every ceasefire and your total lack of communication makes it hard to be on your side over this. From what I understand you were sent to fight on the clan border by marik, which you did. That's fine and all but no one asked me or any of my crew to support you, I don't recall Scoops saying 'hey guys we're dropping with Seraphim' because no one knew you were coming. And because we didn't feel like dropping on clan worlds at the time, which is our right as people playing a videogame. You never came to us to say 'how can we help?' so I really don't get your problem. You went your own way, which wasn't the way Kurita in general was going. That's fine. Please get over it.

Edited by YCSLiesmith, 22 February 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#31 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 22 February 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

Kjudoon I'm sorry you had a bad time in Kurita and couldn't get anyone to do what you wanted or expected but we are and were fighting Davion on the borders every ceasefire and your total lack of communication makes it hard to be on your side over this. From what I understand you were sent to fight on the clan border by marik, which you did. That's fine and all but no one asked me or any of my crew to support you, I don't recall Scoops saying 'hey guys we're dropping with Seraphim' because no one knew you were coming. And because we didn't feel like dropping on clan worlds at the time, which is our right as people playing a videogame. You never came to us to say 'how can we help?' so I really don't get your problem. You went your own way, which wasn't the way Kurita in general was going. That's fine. Please get over it.

Not a historically accurate retelling of what went on, but your name in a thread on honesty... ahem... well played.

I will leave you now to your own devices and attempt to 'get over it' and quit meddling where it is not wanted. It'll be hard, but I will have to manage.

Edited by Kjudoon, 22 February 2015 - 06:46 PM.

#32 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:47 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 22 February 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

Honestly at this point whatever can be gotten from this thread has been gotten. I appreciate everyone who humored me with this discussion :)

I feel you've gotten far more progress done here than we've seen in the "Marik" threads. There also was a lot less trolling going on here.

Your efforts are appreciated here. I think you understand far more of what has happened, and can at least glean some of your potential allies/enemies perspective. A lot of the truth as to why people are upset with Kurita came out in this thread I think, and was presented in a respectful way.

Keep trying. I do hope we can lay aside our ill wills and get to concentrating on the Clans once more. You've gotten by far a lot more progess here than I've seen done so far!

#33 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:55 PM

View PostTesunie, on 22 February 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

I feel you've gotten far more progress done here than we've seen in the "Marik" threads. There also was a lot less trolling going on here.

Your efforts are appreciated here. I think you understand far more of what has happened, and can at least glean some of your potential allies/enemies perspective. A lot of the truth as to why people are upset with Kurita came out in this thread I think, and was presented in a respectful way.

Keep trying. I do hope we can lay aside our ill wills and get to concentrating on the Clans once more. You've gotten by far a lot more progess here than I've seen done so far!

Marik's thread was 'the fight', Davion is the 'Ok, let's talk'.

Liao gets the 'make up sex'.

#34 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:02 PM

View PostDavers, on 22 February 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

Marik's thread was 'the fight', Davion is the 'Ok, let's talk'.

Liao gets the 'make up sex'.

I feel that Marik got "the fight" because Kurita (some of them at least) thinks we can't attack them without any open fronts (currently). But, there are enough reasonable Kuritains around and in that thread that I seriously hope an agreement can be made.

#35 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

View PostTesunie, on 22 February 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

I feel that Marik got "the fight" because Kurita (some of them at least) thinks we can't attack them without any open fronts (currently). But, there are enough reasonable Kuritains around and in that thread that I seriously hope an agreement can be made.

yeah, well, let's just walk away. No reason to get your hand bit by a hungry dog who doesn't distinguish between it and food.

nudge nudge?

#36 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 22 February 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

yeah, well, let's just walk away. No reason to get your hand bit by a hungry dog who doesn't distinguish between it and food.

nudge nudge?

True.

So far, I've only been responding to actual posts there. It's mellowed out a lot actually. Kinda starting to go somewhere, I think at least? :huh:

#37 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

View PostTesunie, on 22 February 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

Why bother? Russ has pretty much confirmed at least one map reset. If Marik accepted every NAP and CF we were offered, we wouldn't even have to show up for CW at all. The truth is having an organized, aggressive opponent has generated more interest in CW for Marik than we have had in a month.

I'm just a bit sulky that we never got a chance to create a Clan border on our own terms before the reset. Now, we most likely never will.

#38 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:13 PM

the big problems as listed in this thread are that for some (like rrb) it is too late, and for others would require a lessening of nkva activities which is unlikely to happen, so at this point in time any sort of a ceasefire is extremely unlikely. oh well i can dream

#39 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 22 February 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

the big problems as listed in this thread are that for some (like rrb) it is too late, and for others would require a lessening of nkva activities which is unlikely to happen, so at this point in time any sort of a ceasefire is extremely unlikely. oh well i can dream

I wouldn't say that NKVA's activities need to be slowed or even stopped (though it would help). What really needs to happen (with them at least) is to not have your command support that groups antics any. This would mean: Don't like their posts. Don't join in with their posts. Don't encourage the continuation of those posts. Don't post in a similar manner as them.

Command comes with it perks and burdens. Maintaining a respectful reputation is one such thing. Right now, I can tell you that some of your High Council have lost any respect I once had for them. But others at the same time have increased my respect for them.

Respect means a lot. At least to me. I'm more likely to want to follow someone I respect, than someone I have no respect for.

Right now, you are gaining more respect from me with your current posting trends. I believe you are gaining the respect of several Davions as well. This is a good start to any endeavor. Continue with this, and I believe you may very well succeed.

#40 xRedEyex

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 22 February 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

Lets see...
HK waits till we aren't looking (allowing them to focus on clans while we foucus on Laio and Marik)
then kicks us in the balls (Starts mass assaulting planets on the Kurita/Davion front)\
spits on us (Calls us clanners, engages in hostile anti-davion rhetoric and other abuses)
douses us in gasoline and sets us on fire (Seizing Kentares IV and making the statement "once we take Robinson then we were planning on offering a ceasefire anyway...")

And you actually think only some Davions don't want to listen to your cries for peace laced with poison? No true Davion loyalist will ever consider peace with HK even after the inevitable map reset. Until then watch as we liberate Kentares & retake our worlds in glory as we bath in the blood of the samurai!!

***The above views and expressed opinions are not in any way affiliated/aligned with those of the AFFS Units or AFFS Command***

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users