178 replies to this topic

#1 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:17 AM

I am so tired of playing against OP is mechs and weapons....

1) Why are all your AC's front-loaded damage rather than 5 pellet bursts that allow you to hit the component you aim at and not spread damage if a target is moving, and it allows you to use cover better

2) Why do you get all these nice reduced heat quirks that let you mash your alpha key while I get to feather 1-2 weapon groups in a forced battle situation and risk overheating while you run around me going LOLOLOLOLOL ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA :(

3) Why do you get reduced burn-time on lasers that lets you use cover to better advantage?

4) Why do your lights travel at 120+ KPH and have better load-outs than an ice ferret and have jump jets?

Why? Why must My stupid clan tech make me stay out in the open to use the full burn time on my lasers that is at times twice the duration of yours resulting in all that pinpoint damage from PPCs and AC's all over my face.... whyyyyyyyy? Its so OP and unfair...
Posted Image

Seriously though, I am tired of bad pilots saying that Clan* tech is OP. I am usually blunt and direct while remaining tactful but this time I will digress.

Join an organized unit, use your mechs quirks to optimize your builds, alter your play style to use those quirks/builds to their optimal use and if that fails then GET BETTER.

Good grief, our unit plays both IS and Clan and our win/loss is the same on both. On our clan weeks our better fights have been vs IS groups like 228/OLD etc who do exactly what I said above in bold.

This game is not hard, you make it hard for yourself.

*Edit: Because I never realized I wrote IS instead of Clan >.<

Edited by Necromantion, 02 March 2015 - 01:33 PM.

#2 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

Well... I guess i'll bite. When I look at my stats page, my Clan mechs are far and away more lethal than anything in my 'Sphere mechbays. Order of magnitude. But that's just my experience.

You make many good points about the usability of 'Sphere weapons, yet most of the Clan weapon mechanics were introduced in an attempt to balance out their stupendous overall damage advantage. An attempt that has, in my experience, thus far failed. Quirks have helped the IS, but from what i've seen, they have only closed the gap somewhat, instead of bridging it completely.

The Clans certainly have some poor mechs and weapon systems, but those are irrelevant when they also have the three best mechs in the game, the best overall CW drop deck in the game, and the best overall damage delivery system in the game with Clan laser vomit.

The one true advantage the 'Sphere has over the Clans is with our light mechs. That's it.

As soon as the next mech pack is released, that advantage will in all likelihood disappear.

We have no medium that can truly compete with the StormCrow, and no heavy (or assault) that can compete with the MadCat. There are some that say the Crab can stand on even footing with a DireWolf, and they may be right, but I've never seen it pan out that way. Nothing stands in front of a MetaDire and wins. Thank god we have a few more weeks of breathing space in CW before you get your viable light, and Dires start becoming more prevalent in Clan dropdecks.

There really are many viable arguments here on both sides of the debate, but my favourite is one that you can see.

Open the game, click the faction button, and look at the CW map. If the 'Sphere was truly as competitive as you say, why is it that every single Clan has gouged out a day 1 FRR sized hole for themselves?

Meh. Soon, my contract will run out, and i'll be switching to the Clans as fast as my little fingers can click, and then my opinion will probably match yours, because i'll be enjoying my dominance.

#3 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

I wish we could use the other faction's mechs. My IS mechs are way more fun than my Clan mechs, no matter how much I love my Nova and Hellbringer.

#4 UberStuka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 277 posts
  • LocationBRANDON, MISSISSIPPI

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

cant tell if he is kidding/sarcastic but for once I feel the game is balanced...... ive played clan and IS they have their ups and downs.

team work is the real OP factor in CW

edit: I see the sarcasm... he bashing the OP etc thread creators

Edited by UberStuka, 22 February 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#5 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

View PostUberStuka, on 22 February 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

cant tell if he is kidding/sarcastic but for once I feel the game is balanced...... ive played clan and IS they have their ups and downs.

team work is the real OP factor in CW

edit: I see the sarcasm... he bashing the OP etc thread creators

LOL, I missed that sarcasm then.

Posted Image

#6 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:46 PM

I put this up as a semi sarcastic post, while bringing up the strengths of IS loadouts and mechs i wanted to show people how obscenely stupid the people who claim Clan mechs are OP are.

I feel that as far as heat management and brawling the IS has some significant advantages.

Frankly, I feel the game is balanced and dont struggle with either Clan or IS mechs as long as I play them within the role i build them for

#7 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

Posted Image

#8 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:15 AM

Dervish is it me or is that guy about to get a prostate examination?

#9 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

http://metamechs.com/

All of the Tier 1 mechs listed here are Clan mechs.

#10 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:41 AM

Your unfailing faith in one site and its post being the definition of gameplay says a lot.

Let me guess, you have played only IS with average teams at best and think that your experience is the definition of the IS experience and want to use this site to validate that

Once again I and a lot of other players in merc units have played both factions 50/50 from the inception of CW and our win/loss record is no different from one faction to the other. Teamwork and competence are what matters and having the brains to bring the right loadouts for each game type and map. Altering your play to conform to quirks and optimize your play makes IS mechs more than competitive with Clans if not even certain builds to be even stronger than Clans.

Edited by Necromantion, 23 February 2015 - 09:42 AM.

#11 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostNecromantion, on 23 February 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

Your unfailing faith in one site and its post being the definition of gameplay says a lot.

Let me guess, you have played only IS with average teams at best and think that your experience is the definition of the IS experience and want to use this site to validate that

No. I regulary play my Stormcrows and compared to my IS mechs they are simply superior.

#12 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:47 AM

Until they are pressed to brawl as a laser vomit build, then you have to feather your weapon groups and gobble up cool shots to stay toe to toe with any decent IS brawling build. Frankly I eat up stormcrows with ac20 IS mechs,

There are two sides to any IS/Clan comparison.

Each faction has defining strengths and weaknesses.

#13 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostNecromantion, on 23 February 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

Until they are pressed to brawl as a laser vomit build, then you have to feather your weapon groups and gobble up cool shots to stay toe to toe with any decent IS brawling build. Frankly I eat up stormcrows with ac20 IS mechs,

Lol, my SCRs love to brawl. Come and get some 5x C-SRM6+A. But I prefer 4 C-ERML + 3xSRM6+A.

60+ alpha for teh win.

Edited by xe N on, 23 February 2015 - 09:53 AM.

#14 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,391 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:52 AM

Good read, excellent semi-sarcasm!

9/10 would read again!

#15 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:52 AM

For the IS, some of the quirked out mechs close most of the gap to the clans. The newly departed thunderbolt 9s was clearly competitive prior to the nerf hammer. The main problems we deal with is range/ecm/mobility, with an honorable mention to the cheatcrows broken hitboxes.

Things we cannot match:
Clan gauss (lighter, smaller, same punch)
Clan DHS - oh how I want 2 crit dhs!
Clan XL that survives losing a torso.
Clan ECM on the hellbringer.

#16 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

I just said as a laser vomit build. Are you incapable of reading?

View Postxe N on, on 23 February 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

Lol, my SCRs love to brawl. Come and get some 5x C-SRM6.

Hopefully soon the IS will have a heavy with ECM, that is my only gripe when playing IS to be honest

#17 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostNecromantion, on 23 February 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

I just said as a laser vomit build. Are you incapable of reading?

Hopefully soon the IS will have a heavy with ECM, that is my only gripe when playing IS to be honest

Why would anyone build a pure laser vomit build?

#18 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

The stormcrows hitbox does have one major flaw and that is that when peeking over things your CT is exposed prior to the pilot actually being able to see over the cover they are looking over. I have CT'd many stormcrows due to this and had it happen to myself with frontloaded pinpoint damage.

How I would love IS AC's on clans... gosh all that pinpoint front loaded damage... mmm mmm mmmmmm

#19 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostNecromantion, on 23 February 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

The stormcrows hitbox does have one major flaw and that is that when peeking over things your CT is exposed prior to the pilot actually being able to see over the cover they are looking over. I have CT'd many stormcrows due to this and had it happen to myself with frontloaded pinpoint damage.

Oh, wait, 90% of all humanoid IS mechs have the same problem.

#20 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

View Postxe N on, on 23 February 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

Why would anyone build a pure laser vomit build?

This right here just validates why I would ever look at you as a voice of reason in the Clan vs IS debate.

Why? Because it is the optimal SCR build other than for dealing with lights? Because you are not ammo dependant and its easy to squeeze 1-2k damage out of the mech in a CW match before dying if you know what youre doing?

Good gosh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users