Proposition To Marik From Liao

62 replies to this topic

#21 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:09 PM

View PostDavers, on 26 February 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

It would be diverging from lore, true. But maybe only Permanent units could buy them?

It would have to be more of a faction than unit controlled attack lane. A single lane per faction only with permanent units only able to vote on where and when it would occur. I just dont see it happening though since the playerbase drifts from faction to faction. If you were to propose it mercs and casuals would rise up with pitchforks and torches such as when central leadership to control mercs was put on the table. We would end up with a 100 page threadnaught of tears and rage with nothing accomplished.

Now that i think about it though what if southern factions were allowed to open up fronts on the clan homeworlds? They are ingame and just sitting up there. PGI should use them and it would draw resources away from the main front allowing us southern factions to participate in attacks and tagging worlds Threatening a clan capitol would surely get their attention and relieve pressure on the southern front. Quite possibly if we took enough worlds it would allow us to open up an attack lane into the northern part of the clan invasion. Call it an expeditionary force or whatever.

Edited by beerandasmoke, 26 February 2015 - 09:20 PM.

#22 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:23 AM

I am not sure House Liao will get far enough north in time to have any impact on the big conflicts.

I think the clan corridor proposal needs to be reevaluated once they get north too. I wouldn´t make promises for a future that we can´t predict.

That being said I absolutely agree with House Liao having every right to hold the planet Liao. Helping them is the least we can do after they have been faithful with us since the very beginning of community warfare.

Please note this is my personal opinion alone, which I also posted on the FWLm forums. I don´t lead anyone, I am not part of Marik command, I don´t have a mega-merc unit of hundreds behind me, I am noone.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 27 February 2015 - 03:44 AM.

#23 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:06 AM

I have no issues with ending the Liao CF however, I have no desire to give away planets for free to anyone. Liao will have no more success manipulating the algorithm to move north than Marik had trying to accomplish the same through Kurita space. It simply does not work. If Liao wants a more active enemy to fight then, then House Marik is your only option. We like fighting and this is a war game, so let us know what Liao wants to do.

#24 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:28 PM

then House Marik is your only option.

I'd sooner do nothing but PUG Clan defenses than have the dumb required to open another IS vs IS front right now, especially one that would turn both of our borders hostile.

#25 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

View Postwanderer, on 27 February 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

I'd sooner do nothing but PUG Clan defenses than have the dumb required to open another IS vs IS front right now, especially one that would turn both of our borders hostile.
I don't think Marik needs another front. Even more so when that front is going in the wrong direction haha I can tell you I will not be fighting on it unless we all get really bored.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 27 February 2015 - 02:54 PM.

#26 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:57 AM

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 27 February 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

I have no issues with ending the Liao CF however, I have no desire to give away planets for free to anyone. Liao will have no more success manipulating the algorithm to move north than Marik had trying to accomplish the same through Kurita space. It simply does not work. If Liao wants a more active enemy to fight then, then House Marik is your only option. We like fighting and this is a war game, so let us know what Liao wants to do.

my thoughts exactly... it's okay to "fight" with liao as long as we all keep cool, don't troll and treat it like glorified scrims... both houses will benefit from more scrims...

#27 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:20 AM

View Postwanderer, on 27 February 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

If the Kurita shitstorm taught me anything, it's that trying to game the algorithm is a waste of time. The whole concept needs to be ditched because it's really badly coded and CW-on-Rails is a horrible and frustrating experience.

#28 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

View PostInRev, on 28 February 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

If the Kurita shitstorm taught me anything, it's that trying to game the algorithm is a waste of time. The whole concept needs to be ditched because it's really badly coded and CW-on-Rails is a horrible and frustrating experience.

OTOH, if players could pick their attack lanes, the Clans wouldn't have fought each other at all, and Terra would have been "taken" by day 40.

#29 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostDavers, on 28 February 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

OTOH, if players could pick their attack lanes, the Clans wouldn't have fought each other at all, and Terra would have been "taken" by day 40.

Problem is we need more to this game than just attacking planets. If there was an supply lane part of the game then picking directions would work.

They could try to push 1 line to terra all they wanted but we could cut the line off and all the other planets would be left helpless.

As of now i guess Russ picking planets is the best was to go....

Edited by Monkey Lover, 28 February 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#30 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:50 AM

Wondering who is attacking you guys in ?Quemoy ?
Rogue Liao mercs ?

#31 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostShinVector, on 23 March 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

Wondering who is attacking you guys in ?Quemoy ?
Rogue Liao mercs ?

Screenies required.
Perkasie is up for attack and it is Davion. Most peeps should be going there.

#32 Wabbit Swaya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the cockpit of a BJ, annoying the hell outta someone for wasting a medium slot.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

Well, Quemoy has TCAF tags on it...
Who is attacking Altorra??? That is the new question...

#33 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:45 AM

It's unclear to me right now. Either it was a rogue Mario unit, or TCAF sold us down the river trying to game the algorithm, which, by the way, is changing on April 7.

#34 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 26 March 2015 - 03:45 AM, said:

It's unclear to me right now. Either it was a rogue Mario unit, or TCAF sold us down the river trying to game the algorithm, which, by the way, is changing on April 7.

Any details of the CW algorithm? Was it in a blog or forum post by PGI?

#35 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:48 AM

I want to read about algorithm changes too.
Please, Lady Death, give us a link :)

#36 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

All I have found is the following Tweet:
  • Also introducing the new Algorithm for the IS map on April 7th - should bias all factions similarly

#37 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:51 AM

Yeah it was in a tweet by Russ, where he confirmed that they will release a re-done algorithm, and that it will NOT involve a map reset at that time.

https://twitter.com/...7976064?lang=en

#38 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:31 AM

Hello again fellow citizens of Free Worlds League.
It is time to make another peace treaty for CW 2nd phase.

From TCAF I propose not to atack each other and keep borders like in the CW 2nd phase begining.
We will trying to make north coridor again through Davions territory, take back Tikonov and Liao.
Then we will go through Kurita and capture SJ worlds.

I think other Liao and Marik units will join this proposal too.

#39 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

The Pleiades Mobile Patriots look forward to keeping the Heavenly Alliance Between Bird and Dao for Greater Prosperity.

#40 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

Sounds good to me hopefully we can get some more practice matches this time around. Of course I only speak for myself.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 01 May 2015 - 10:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users