#442 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:55 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 26 February 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I don't want no Clan mechs sullying my Mech Bays ;)

This.

#443 Styxx42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPeterborough Canada

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:18 AM

I enjoyed this event.
I only achieved 72 point but that was way more then I usually am able to get.
But I did work this. Feed the kids, Run down a play. Bath he kids. Run down and play. put kid to bed, run down and grind. get up before the kids, grind while drinking my early morning coffee.

And as for team stealing kills and no team work, I saw some of that but I was not solely focused on kill kill kill. I was really trying to enjoy the event and that allowed me to witness the opposite.
I was privy to some amazing team work and VOIP communication. With better players not taking the kill when they got their kill already and when it didn't compromised the match.

But it was one heck of a grind to get to 72 for me.
Almost too long to get to the top which I never achieved.

178 matchs. Perhaps I am a below average player.
I did mix up my mechs ALOT over the three nights and days. I played from my roster making adjustments as I went along.
Not just my Killer Direwolf with Dual Gauss and ERPPCs that I got a point for in almost all matches I played it in. I played everything from my Firestarter, Wolverine, Summoner, Timberwolf and when I got it, my Adder ALOT which is where I went wrong. But I really wanted to give it a good test.

It was Fun but became a grind but there were mile stones that kept me engaged during most of the event.
But it did become work like others have said.

Edited by Styxx42, 03 March 2015 - 06:43 AM.

#444 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:32 AM

View PostSmoked, on 02 March 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

And lets face it, the mechs are the grand prize in these events and are set in the mid range of challenge requirements so that it can be more achieveable to a larger playerbase.

Honestly, with this one...I'd say the color and the cockpit item are the grand prize...have you piloted Adders? Lol.

#445 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:22 AM

I almost totally skipped this event. Not only I do not appreciate the type of gameplay it forces on most players, it discourages CW participation and it's a hell of a grind for just 3 nights. The fact that we can only get 1 point per match leads, means it does not allow shortcutting through skill but shortcutting with cunning and unsportsmanship (get one kills, watch your assist die, run to their middle and get killed, get out of the match and repeat).

Having two events with the same kind of "religious devotion" behavior, suggestion players to forfeit two weekends in a row, is too much to ask and starts affecting these challenges reputation and expectation.

So, here are the major issues regarding this in my opinion:
  • Big grindy events should only happen once a month
  • Two events per month is more than enough OR use more days in the week to allow people to complete them (the old Friday to Tuesday was a lot better for weekend deprived people)
  • The formula needs to be tweaked to encourage better gameplay
  • Community Warfare CANNOT once again be let out of the game like this. Make it worth it in the context of the challenge. How are you trying to get people to play it, when you burn full weekends of it?
And that's it.

#446 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 03 March 2015 - 05:55 AM, said:

This.

I stopped at 40 qualifiers.

#447 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

i stoppped saturday when i realized it is too much investment in something that should be fun. I stopped when i realized that I started to hate it, to hate the next game and hate the whole weekend event. pgi is doing something wrong and they need to realize it sooner than later for everyone's sake.

#448 MemeCreamSupreme

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

God I hate the community during these events, other times it's one of the best game communities ever.

These events are NOT CHALLENGING, they are TIME CONSUMING.

This is NOT a free mech, as time is money and I could be doing a million other things.

I would like to see challenges along the lines of getting 1000 plus damage in a single match, or 6+ kills on three matchs. Maybe 12 spotting assists in a single match would earn you the RVN-3L(C), a recon mech. Seems far more appropriate and you know, difficult.

#449 Gyr Falcon

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

I would just like to thank PGI for this event. I had to do some serious grinding to get enough points for the Adder...just seemed like it a challenge to survive long enough to get the point for a kill. It did wear my enjoyment of the event a little thin towards the end but I also started playing better towards the end. Missed out on the color but oh well, at least it was offered as a prize. Thank you again for the event.

#450 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

Great event - good that you dont need wins for getting points !

Hopefully I will have more time on next weekend...

#451 WARCRACK

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostGattsus, on 03 March 2015 - 05:45 AM, said:

how's that extension coming along PGI?

Good question.

#452 Left4Dead

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

I'm quite new to the game and I had much fun grinding my adder (my 2nd mech xD)
Tyvm looking forward for the next event.

#453 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

Good grind but much easier without the WIN condition which is beyond our control.

Got to thank PGI for any free stuff :)

#454 April Showers

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:10 AM

After a week or so: spending 40+ hours to get a stupid mech (even though i needed it - but it sucks performance wise) is out right idiocy on my side. I think i am done with events. Thanks for the Mech, PGI, but no thanks to events. That stuff was no fun, it was more work then what i earn my living with already, i want to relax on weekends. also events gifting new mechs to players who are likely veteran or higher easy and make the rather new guys farm their asses off are a strong discouragement...

over and out on that topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users